Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 492 493 [494] 495 496 ... 896

Author Topic: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim  (Read 1597836 times)

jaxy15

• Bay Watcher
  • Adept Modder
    • View Profile
Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
« Reply #7395 on: November 05, 2012, 12:01:18 pm »

I'm so ashamed that I have never played Morrowind..
Dwarf Fortress: Threats of metabolism.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #7396 on: November 05, 2012, 12:07:22 pm »

If you hever have 150 or so hours you could give it 1 good playthrough... :P  And the mods only make it sweeter; once you know what the original is like, of course.

To be honest, I felt like Morrowind was rather complete even without mods.
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

ISP

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7397 on: November 05, 2012, 12:23:29 pm »

To be honest, I felt like Morrowind was rather complete even without mods.
I use to play Morrowind like you once, but then I took an arrow to the knee.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #7398 on: November 05, 2012, 12:42:52 pm »

There was some complaining about unarmored not being an option anymore. Mayby we could find out exactly what made it not an option anymore and mod it to MAKE it an option...?

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Silfurdreki

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7399 on: November 05, 2012, 12:45:28 pm »

Double post for nice trailer: here's the trailer for Dragonborn!

The trailer implies that the first dragonborn is the antagonist of the same-named DLC. Is there any record of who that is in TES lore? Surely Tiber septim is not the first one? I can't find any references (after a casual romp through the UESP) to any other dragonborn except Tiber Septim and the Skyrim player. Presumably it's not Tiber Septim we're fighting, seeing as he's a god these days.
Entropy is not what it used to be.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #7400 on: November 05, 2012, 12:47:56 pm »

The trailer implies that the first dragonborn is the antagonist of the same-named DLC. Is there any record of who that is in TES lore? Surely Tiber septim is not the first one? I can't find any references (after a casual romp through the UESP) to any other dragonborn except Tiber Septim and the Skyrim player. Presumably it's not Tiber Septim we're fighting, seeing as he's a god these days.

The trailer says this Dragonborn was a dragon-priest that betrayed the dragons. Aside from that, there is no other info on him. I did notice, however, that his helm looks like the head of an ascended sleeper, and apparently one of those appears briefly in the trailer as well.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

MorleyDev

• Bay Watcher
  • "It is not enough for it to just work."
    • View Profile
    • MorleyDev
« Reply #7401 on: November 05, 2012, 12:56:56 pm »

A good thing about the elder scrolls is they still keep characters in the lore interesting. Vivec, Tiber septim, the knights of the nine, Olaf...all are revered as heroes and all seen as villains. It's just a matter of who you ask.

They are no obsidian when it comes to moral ambiguity, but they have their moments.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2012, 01:02:39 pm by MorleyDev »

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7402 on: November 05, 2012, 12:59:40 pm »

A good thing about the elder scrolls is they still keep characters in the lore interesting. Vivec, Tiber septim, the knights of the nine, Olaf...all are revered as heroes and all seen as villains. It's just a matter of who you ask.
Except Molag Bal, that always appears as a bad guy (even if not the main one).
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #7403 on: November 05, 2012, 01:01:22 pm »

Except to the brutal.  They still honor him with short lives.

There was some complaining about unarmored not being an option anymore. Mayby we could find out exactly what made it not an option anymore and mod it to MAKE it an option...?

It was rather weak in Morrowind.  It worked if unarmored, but not nearly as well as one would think.  It also added armor bonus instead of chance to dodge or something.  I liked it, it was a passive skill as a mage, but just clearly periphial.
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Exerosp

• Bay Watcher
  • Not Caught Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #7404 on: November 05, 2012, 01:02:24 pm »

The trailer says this Dragonborn was a dragon-priest that betrayed the dragons. Aside from that, there is no other info on him. I did notice, however, that his helm looks like the head of an ascended sleeper, and apparently one of those appears briefly in the trailer as well.
On the wiki it says Tiber Septim was a Dragonborn, it doesn't point out the first one though. The trailer points out that this is the first dragonborn. He resembled the Ebonheart guy in the E3 trailer for the MMORPG.

MorleyDev

• Bay Watcher
  • "It is not enough for it to just work."
    • View Profile
    • MorleyDev
« Reply #7405 on: November 05, 2012, 01:05:15 pm »

As for unarmoured, well it just didn't make sense. Being stabbed makes you more resistant to stabbings? There are very good mods for Morrowind that made it increase your dodging when not wearing armour, which makes a lot more sense, but since they removed dodging....

Silfurdreki

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7406 on: November 05, 2012, 01:07:36 pm »

I didn't say that Tiber Septim was the first dragonborn, only that he was the first one referenced in the lore (I think, not certain). Now that I think about it, it'd be impossible for the antagonist to be Tiber Septim, seeing as he's a dragon priest, the last of whom died hundreds of years before Tiber Septim was born.

You're right! I'd completely forgotten about those guys. It seems like Dragonborn (the DLC) will indulge in the Morrowind setting a bit, which I am all for. I might have to get this one when it launches.
Entropy is not what it used to be.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7407 on: November 05, 2012, 01:17:52 pm »

Another thing I noticed in the trailers that nobody here said yet: spears!

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #7408 on: November 05, 2012, 01:27:07 pm »

Wasn't the first dragonborn mentioned in the tablets leading to High Hrontgar?
It's cannon, and you should be able to find a name there.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

guale

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7409 on: November 05, 2012, 02:10:35 pm »

Wasn't the first dragonborn Saint Alesia since it was her covenant with Akatosh that pretty much created the concept and started the tradition of dragonborn emperors?
Pages: 1 ... 492 493 [494] 495 496 ... 896