Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 487 488 [489] 490 491 ... 896

Author Topic: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim  (Read 1598114 times)

Mech#4

• Bay Watcher
  • (ಠ_ృ) Like a sir.
    • View Profile
Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
« Reply #7320 on: November 03, 2012, 10:38:10 am »

Bring up console, click on offending NPC and type "tai". If you don't select a target it'll disable everyones AI.
Kaypy:Adamantine in a poorly defended fortress is the royal equivalent of an unclaimed sock on a battlefield.

Here's a thread listing Let's Players found on the internet. Feel free to add.
List of Notable Mods. Feel free to add.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #7321 on: November 03, 2012, 10:51:28 am »

You're trying to make a program braindead to stop him talking to you?

You're THAT antisocial?

He is chasing me around and talking to me every time he comes near me. It scares me.

I found a solution tough. The "kill" command. He seems to be an essential character, so he does not actually die.
Thanks for the tip mech. I found that command but i wasn't sure if it was for all NPC's or just one.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
« Reply #7322 on: November 03, 2012, 11:35:50 am »

"Killall" would be the command for everything around you.

jaxy15

• Bay Watcher
  • Adept Modder
    • View Profile
« Reply #7323 on: November 03, 2012, 11:37:21 am »

The corpse of a dragon in whiterun happily rolling around in front of jorrvaskr like a puppy.
I think the dragon joined the Circle.
Dwarf Fortress: Threats of metabolism.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7324 on: November 03, 2012, 01:12:04 pm »

Oh look, now he is following me and spamming "LEAVE ME LEAVE ME LEAVE ME LEAVE ME LEAVE ME LEAVE ME LEAVE ME".
Not initiating conversation anymore tough.

I swear, i'm going to chop his head off one day.

The dragon corpse is moving further and further away from jorrvaskr every time i visit whiterun.

E:

Spoiler: spoiler alert (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: November 03, 2012, 01:21:09 pm by miauw62 »

they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Hybrid

• Bay Watcher
  • Strife M.D.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7325 on: November 03, 2012, 02:02:58 pm »

I'm too lazy to check out the other pages if this has been posted already, so smack me with a fish if it was.

Apparently there's some talk about Bethesda releasing a new trailer for a possible DLC. Rumours also include the crazy idea of revisiting Solstheim.

Here's the link

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7326 on: November 03, 2012, 02:04:30 pm »

I'm too lazy to check out the other pages if this has been posted already, so smack me with a fish if it was.

Apparently there's some talk about Bethesda releasing a new trailer for a possible DLC. Rumours also include the crazy idea of revisiting Solstheim.

Here's the link
Muhahaha.
So we get to brutally murder elves in this new DLC?

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #7327 on: November 03, 2012, 02:11:40 pm »

click on dragon.  counsole command: 'disable'.

click on offending guy, farkas.  disable him.  then. 'enable' him, WITHOUT leaving the shell or clicking anywhere else.  if you leave without him you run the risk of broken questlines.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2012, 02:15:19 pm by pisskop »
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

kaenneth

• Bay Watcher
  • Catching fish
    • View Profile
    • Terrible Web Site
« Reply #7328 on: November 03, 2012, 04:38:22 pm »

I almost wish they had saved Blackreach for a large DLC, to make it it's own huge area. With some Aylied ruins at the southern edge where it goes under Cyrodil.
Quote from: Karnewarrior
Jeeze. Any time I want to be sigged I may as well just post in this thread.
Quote from: Darvi
That is an application of trigonometry that never occurred to me.
Quote from: PTTG??
I'm getting cake.
Don't tell anyone that you can see their shadows. If they hear you telling anyone, if you let them know that you know of them, they will get you.

Vorthon

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% more pointless rambling!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7329 on: November 03, 2012, 06:16:33 pm »

Wait Blackreach goes under Cyrodil? Shit, I knew it was big, but I had no clue it was that big.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #7330 on: November 03, 2012, 08:16:47 pm »

People that start the elderscrolls series at skyrim make me so very sad, they missed out of all the fun it is starting with morrowind and all the neat things that have been left out in the newer releases; like mix and match armor, or levitation, or the games unique monsters, or actually traveling around on foot everywhere, or all the artifacts that have just been disappeared from the game, or open cities, or all the skills not lumped into clumsy groups, or dwelmer ghosts or ghosts in general, or the thinly veiled sexual innuendos, or a quest system that wasnt screwed up half the time, all the things... all of them.

I tried to start with Oblivion.  Many things about it impressed me, but I found the combat and leveling systems unbearable.  Skyrim has a much better leveling system, and the combat isn't great but enjoyable.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

MorleyDev

• Bay Watcher
  • "It is not enough for it to just work."
    • View Profile
    • MorleyDev
« Reply #7331 on: November 03, 2012, 10:21:56 pm »

I actually found Morrowinds combat system, whilst not technically the best, the most satisfying in a lot of ways. Whilst in Oblivion and still somewhat (though less so) in Skyrim, it felt like the numbers meant fuck all, in Morrowind the numbers had a very tangible effect: If you're character was shit at the skill, they'd hit jack shit with those weapons. You actually felt like a common smuch desperately flailing a dagger around in the vain hope of actually hitting something. And when you got your skill up and started reliably connecting your hits, damn it felt like an accomplishment.

I wish they'd find a way to keep that feeling in later games for me, in Skyrim and definitely in Oblivion I just feel like my character is miraculously competent in any weapon they happen to find lying around for no adequate reason...

Plus Morrowind's way made trainers useful (and often required for upping low skills), which makes sense since it's a lot easier to take those first steps to getting good at something by being trained.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2012, 10:26:45 pm by MorleyDev »

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #7332 on: November 03, 2012, 10:31:35 pm »

how does things like alchemy or enchanting work?  how did morrvlivion fo it?
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Alkhemia

• Bay Watcher
  • aka Deep Sea Diver Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #7333 on: November 03, 2012, 10:39:56 pm »

No sure which alchemy system is more broken Morrowind or Skyrim there both petty bad.
"Hiken: Tsubame-Gaeshi" -Sasaki Kojirou (Grand Order}

"Please touch me. Without lying, wherever you want to touch. That is my wish." - Kiyohime (Grand Order)

"Tyranny, violation, genocide. Those are the things that I detest above all else." - Amakusa Shirou Tokisada (Grand Order)

bombzero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7334 on: November 03, 2012, 11:02:11 pm »

No sure which alchemy system is more broken Morrowind or Skyrim there both petty bad.

I think the primary problem of Alchemy is that you need to put in a ton of work for very little reward.
I mean, smithing at LEAST, gives you something quantifiable and dependable that is actually useful, even if it's nothing but "Grinding: the skill"
Pages: 1 ... 487 488 [489] 490 491 ... 896