Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 477 478 [479] 480 481 ... 896

Author Topic: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim  (Read 1598587 times)

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
« Reply #7170 on: October 24, 2012, 09:40:45 am »

I've got SkyRE and warzones working, and I'm pretty sure Duel will work too.

That's awesome.  No weird behavior conflicts?  What's your load order?

Finally finished encoding/uploading. 1080p takes some time.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y9iNeRmFxsE

Its no masterpiece but it gives you an idea.

Thanks.  This is a totally awesome and unexpected amount of effort for you to go through.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Rex_Nex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7171 on: October 24, 2012, 09:50:27 am »

I've got SkyRE and warzones working, and I'm pretty sure Duel will work too.

That's awesome.  No weird behavior conflicts?  What's your load order?

Not as far as I've seen, nope! My Warzones/SkyRE/Skyrim are all a little outdated now, so things might have changed. My load order is Warzones before SkyRE. The nice part of SkyRE is that it comes in modules; simply disabling the combat module and using Duel instead would work fine, I think :)

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #7172 on: October 24, 2012, 10:12:32 am »

forsaken, I watched the video.  It was entertaining, showed me a little SkyRe, and got me psyched for playing this game again.  I think I'm still going to try RCRN first, though, and switch to the realistic lighting mod if it proves too resource hoggy.

So I think I'm done hunting around and here's my final list.  Going to start downloading and compiling it all.  Any further suggestions?  I'm sure I'll have to go back and make adjustments after I get into play.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
We dance for the idiots
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #7173 on: October 24, 2012, 10:16:59 am »

No worries, glad it helped you decide. :P

Your list looks good. In fact I may steal a few.

Mistercheif

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7174 on: October 24, 2012, 11:10:08 am »

I may steal a few as well.  When you do put them all together, would you mind posting your load order?

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #7175 on: October 24, 2012, 11:12:07 am »

I may steal a few as well.  When you do put them all together, would you mind posting your load order?

Sure... that will probably be after I've played a few hours to verify it all plays well.
We dance for the idiots
In the land of twilight

MorleyDev

• Bay Watcher
  • "It is not enough for it to just work."
    • View Profile
    • MorleyDev
« Reply #7176 on: October 24, 2012, 01:00:09 pm »

Anybody use any Vampire mods? I got back into Skyrim for a bit and started playing Dawnguard with Vampiric Thirst and it makes being a vampire awesome, very Vampire The Masquerade feeling and in a very good way, but it's missing two things:

Making thralls. You can temporarily enslave a person and order them around (making all the bandits kill each other and feeding on the winner is fun), but they snap out of it after awhile.

Making vampires. Because unleashing an army of childe onto the world would be so much fun.

They're on the mod's "To Do" list but...well, I want instant satisfaction :)

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #7177 on: October 24, 2012, 02:40:50 pm »

for anyone that likes to smith i suggest the Crafting 300 - Armoury of Tamriel mod, i like it for a fact i can smith different styles of weapons and armor that i like.

The Darkling Wolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Arf!
    • View Profile
    • Cataclysm - Dark Days Ahead
« Reply #7178 on: October 24, 2012, 02:45:19 pm »

Any mods out there that make smithing actually take time? I'd like to not be able to smith an entire suit of armour in 10 minutes :P

Also, still hunting for a mod that lets time pass while you read books.
My cabbages!
[Thunderfury, Blessed Blade of the Windseeker]

I am fat, eating is my great joy.

TwilightWalker

• Bay Watcher
  • Oops.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7179 on: October 24, 2012, 03:06:55 pm »

Any mods out there that make smithing actually take time? I'd like to not be able to smith an entire suit of armour in 10 minutes :P

Also, still hunting for a mod that lets time pass while you read books.

From the Skyrim GEMS site I linked before: Crafting Takes Time and Real Time Reading.

The Darkling Wolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Arf!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7180 on: October 24, 2012, 03:12:10 pm »

I'd rather have it more real time than random, but nice nonetheless, thankee sirrah.
My cabbages!

TwilightWalker

• Bay Watcher
  • Oops.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7181 on: October 24, 2012, 03:15:04 pm »

No problem, I was just going off of what you gave me. The more descriptive someone is about what they want, the more I can narrow it down instead of just lifting something up.

The Darkling Wolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Arf!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7182 on: October 24, 2012, 03:16:18 pm »

Ideally it'd just have time passing normally whilst you read, and smithing time be based on skill and the object you're making, but you've reminded me of the site so I can hunt some more myself.
My cabbages!

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #7183 on: October 25, 2012, 12:15:12 pm »

Alright guys, i'm falling out of this modding boat you guys are sailing on, but i have not completed skyrim yet, and i would like to. I would like to start over too. Any tips on character creation and skill focus?

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #7184 on: October 25, 2012, 12:37:53 pm »

QQ...  I have an Argonian 'Magsassin' i.e. whatever the hell I want him to be.  In theory he is a necro with high illusion, sneak and dest; with axe (for chop shopping roleplay).  In practice, he is using a shield unless against mage, and I keep it hotkeyed to facilitate blocking.  Holdover from my quite successful battlemage crusader.  In fact, with the 'realistic fighting' mods I have right now, even unarmoured he is more than a match for most non-bosses with a small shield and an enchanted axe.  Bosses simply need some grease in the form of stall stamina poisons.

Is there any reason to use the ward in physical combat?  One of my things about going mage-sneak was losing the heavy fighting, but its so darn easy/fun.  Im trying hard to justify keeping the ward on my hotkey, or even replacing the shield with it...  How can you (if you can) use wards successfully with a limited alteration mage in physcial combat?  Often its simply the best choice, even if my character is outfitted for maging.

Also Im fairly heavily modded (id think) and that cshouldnt chang ethings too much but...

Alright guys, i'm falling out of this modding boat you guys are sailing on, but i have not completed skyrim yet, and i would like to. I would like to start over too. Any tips on character creation and skill focus?

Block has never done me wrong.  Neither has conjuration, esp in this game.  I tend to focus on either enchanter or smither, not usually both.  One perk sneak early on is a help, and any bartering help is cool.
- Pick a cash cow and start milking.  Alchemy, smithy, transmodify ores, even higher enchanting are good in vanilli.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2012, 12:41:33 pm by pisskop »
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!
Pages: 1 ... 477 478 [479] 480 481 ... 896