Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 463 464 [465] 466 467 ... 896

Author Topic: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim  (Read 1599226 times)

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
« Reply #6960 on: October 01, 2012, 12:51:28 am »

Behold. The greatest and most hilarious idea for a Skyrim lp ever
That has inspired me. I'm loading up a version of Skyrim with 72 mods now; should I record it?
Holy crap this is awesome. I need to try this sometime.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

TherosPherae

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6961 on: October 01, 2012, 01:07:37 am »

You need someone else to assemble the mods for you. It's not as fun if you know roughly what to expect.
Which is why the 'subscribe to entire collection' button in the Steam workshop is so much fun.

The mod number has jumped to 131 just because I can, and they are downloading now. Hopefully there aren't too many graphics mods in there, as I don't know if my poor rig could handle graphics of that magnitude.

Edit: Mod number is being whittled down due to a crash-on-launch. :<
« Last Edit: October 01, 2012, 02:01:31 am by TherosPherae »
Quote from: Aqizzar
Being vengeance and the night could only be improved by being the ballpunching vengeful night.
Quote from: Cthulhu
Gotham's mysteriously high mental illness rate isn't so mysterious when you find out Batman thinks subduing a guy means spiking his head into the pavement like a football.

nogoodnames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6962 on: October 01, 2012, 01:41:56 am »

There's a 'Subscribe to collection' button? Shit, I manually subscribed to over 40 mods because I somehow couldn't find it. *Facepalm*

Still, you have to use Nexus for some of the larger, more interesting mods.
Life is, in a word, volcanoes.
                        - Random human lord

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6963 on: October 01, 2012, 05:51:24 am »

I challenge someone to build a Mod List in both Steamworkshop and Nexus...
The goal is to add more dangerous encounters, make the game more challenging from the get go and to bring forth a new feeling of Skyrim.
It must not have any, graphic enhancing things (those efm or whatever they are) or anything that is too stupid or crazy...
It may have some overpowered things as long as its not free or in mass supply that it makes the game a cake walk...

I would be happy to play it and do a LP of it with this modlist... :P
DO NOT tell me what mods are in it, do try and make it as hidden as possible. For mods from the Nexus, I will be loading and hitting the download button as fast as possible without looking at what it does or what its called...
Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...

rarborman

• Bay Watcher
  • Penguin Dungonmaster
    • View Profile
    • dice
« Reply #6964 on: October 01, 2012, 10:29:39 am »

What about graphic reducers? I saw a mod on nexus that some guy literally reduced all the textures to crazy low amounts, it looked so bad it was interesting.
Url
"But to that second circle of sad hell, Where ‘mid the gust, the whirlwind, and the flaw Of rain and hail-stones, lovers need not tell Their sorrows. Pale were the sweet lips I saw, Pale were the lips I kiss’d, and fair the form I floated with, about that melancholy storm."

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6965 on: October 01, 2012, 10:41:51 am »

What about graphic reducers? I saw a mod on nexus that some guy literally reduced all the textures to crazy low amounts, it looked so bad it was interesting.
Url
It's like if Wind Waker was was covered in reflective materials.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
  • That guy who used to be here all the time
    • View Profile
« Reply #6966 on: October 01, 2012, 11:09:08 am »

Now looking forward to a TF2gfx mod.  :P
Thou art I, I art Thou.
The trust you have bestowed upon thy comrade is now reciprocated in turn.
Thou shall be blessed when calling upon personae of the Hangman Arcana.
May this tie bind thee to a brighter future!​
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.

lemon10

• Bay Watcher
  • Citrus Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #6967 on: October 01, 2012, 11:16:53 am »

Url
Thats actually pretty awesome, loving that style (it would probably get annoying after a few hours, but it would be easy to change back).
And with a mighty leap, the evil Conservative flies through the window, escaping our heroes once again!
Because the solution to not being able to control your dakka is MOAR DAKKA.

That's it. We've finally crossed over and become the nation of Da Orky Boyz.

The Darkling Wolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Arf!
    • View Profile
    • Cataclysm - Dark Days Ahead
« Reply #6968 on: October 01, 2012, 01:23:05 pm »

* The Darkling Wolf hums a shanty and fixes a hole in his Jolly Roger
My cabbages!
[Thunderfury, Blessed Blade of the Windseeker]

I am fat, eating is my great joy.

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
  • That guy who used to be here all the time
    • View Profile
« Reply #6969 on: October 01, 2012, 05:54:09 pm »

* The Darkling Wolf hums a shanty and fixes a hole in his Jolly Roger
yes yes yes, don't think I didn't consider it.
OH MY GOD YOU MONSTERS YOU'RE TRYING TO START A MUSICAL ANARCHY AREN'T YOU I'M GOING TO THE POLICES!

What I'd like to see is the ability to send some sort of code over Xbox Live and get to download the game for free or for a severe discount. Probably a discount, since kids would obviously abuse this to give their friends 5$ games, but it'd make more sense. Or just find a way to allow game mods on Xbox/PS3.
Thou art I, I art Thou.
The trust you have bestowed upon thy comrade is now reciprocated in turn.
Thou shall be blessed when calling upon personae of the Hangman Arcana.
May this tie bind thee to a brighter future!​
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.

rarborman

• Bay Watcher
  • Penguin Dungonmaster
    • View Profile
    • dice
« Reply #6970 on: October 01, 2012, 08:23:28 pm »

(removed)
« Last Edit: October 02, 2012, 04:12:29 am by Toady One »
"But to that second circle of sad hell, Where ‘mid the gust, the whirlwind, and the flaw Of rain and hail-stones, lovers need not tell Their sorrows. Pale were the sweet lips I saw, Pale were the lips I kiss’d, and fair the form I floated with, about that melancholy storm."

Rex_Nex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6971 on: October 01, 2012, 09:15:18 pm »

You can't build a computer of running skyrim smoothly with $250. Consoles are cheap, you don't need to deal with bullshit, they (barely ever) need to be repaired or updated, etc. I can see why some people prefer them.

That said, yes, the PC is the best gaming platform, but not everyone wants to shell out upwards of 1k to get a machine capable of feeding their hobby.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2012, 09:24:46 pm by Rex_Nex »

Scelly9

• Bay Watcher
  • That crazy long-haired queer liberal communist
    • View Profile
« Reply #6972 on: October 01, 2012, 09:50:50 pm »

I build my PC for $700, including Windows 7, and it runs Skyrim on Ultra-High. You probably couldn't take it down to 250, but you could probably get one that ran it on medium for about 450 or so. It's well worth it, since games tend to be cheaper.
You taste the jug! It is ceramic.
Quote from: Loud Whispers
SUPPORT THE COMMUNIST GAY MOVEMENT!

TherosPherae

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6973 on: October 02, 2012, 01:22:58 am »

Quote from: Aqizzar
Being vengeance and the night could only be improved by being the ballpunching vengeful night.
Quote from: Cthulhu
Gotham's mysteriously high mental illness rate isn't so mysterious when you find out Batman thinks subduing a guy means spiking his head into the pavement like a football.

alexandertnt

• Bay Watcher
  • (map 'list (lambda (post) (+ post awesome)) posts)
    • View Profile
« Reply #6974 on: October 02, 2012, 01:27:32 am »

Don't forget that you are likely to need a computer for some other purpose. So its more like (price_of_reasonable_gaming_computer - price_of_original_computer). That is, if you are going to get a PC anyway, a couple hundred dollars extra and it should play the game without issue.

Also mods. Who would play an ES game without mods?
This is when I imagine the hilarity which may happen if certain things are glichy. Such as targeting your own body parts to eat.

You eat your own head
YOU HAVE BEEN STRUCK DOWN!
Pages: 1 ... 463 464 [465] 466 467 ... 896