Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 452 453 [454] 455 456 ... 896

Author Topic: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim  (Read 1600009 times)

Vorthon

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% more pointless rambling!
    • View Profile
Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
« Reply #6795 on: August 12, 2012, 08:13:37 am »

Pah, that's what that one perk's for. You know, the one that allows sprinting in the form of rolling while sneaking?

Rollrollrolling across the countryside♫!

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6796 on: August 12, 2012, 08:39:39 am »

Do a barrel roll?
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #6797 on: August 12, 2012, 01:15:28 pm »

Ah, the tried and tested "Hyrule field" method!
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

Vorthon

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% more pointless rambling!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6798 on: August 12, 2012, 01:27:42 pm »

Also, all this talk of stealth and stuff is making me think of the Khajiit character I've been working on. Recently completed the Dark Brotherhood quest chain, got Namira's ring, currently level grinding so I can get Mehrune's Razor (Or at least I would be if the disc wasn't scratched horribly in an accident involving me being a clumsy dumbass and tripping over my Xbox while my sister was working on her current character {Which is pretty much the same build as her first, except that she actually chose a race that is better suited to the whole 'killing machine wielding two-handed weapons' approach})

etgfrog

• Bay Watcher
  • delete & NULL;
    • View Profile
« Reply #6799 on: August 12, 2012, 08:12:41 pm »

so the dawnguard dlc(technicaly an expansion) adds crossbows...one of the upgrades is that you can get explosive crossbow bolts...now there is a bit of a bug since you can sometimes recover them from the enemies' body, but overall....its pretty fun
"How dare you get angry after being scammed."

Felius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6800 on: August 12, 2012, 08:25:51 pm »

Anyway, going back in subjects a bit, any recommendations about mods to improve the spellcaster experience?
"Why? We're the Good Guys, aren't we?"
"Yes, but that rather hinges on doing certain things and not doing others." - Paraphrased from Discworld.

Scelly9

• Bay Watcher
  • That crazy long-haired queer liberal communist
    • View Profile
« Reply #6801 on: August 12, 2012, 08:35:52 pm »

I am loving bows.

*Fwip*
*3 seconds later*
*Bandit dies in the distance*
You taste the jug! It is ceramic.
Quote from: Loud Whispers
SUPPORT THE COMMUNIST GAY MOVEMENT!

NobodyPro

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6802 on: August 12, 2012, 09:34:46 pm »

I just installed ASIS and a couple of spell mods. I don't play much these days but my brother is now dreading every mage encounter.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #6803 on: August 13, 2012, 05:20:32 am »

Anyway, going back in subjects a bit, any recommendations about mods to improve the spellcaster experience?
SkyRe contains a ton of new spells and abilities, including persistent skeletal minions for the necromantically inclined. Be warned though, they attack... well almost everyone. I really wish there was a 'sit and wait' command for them so I could go into town without deconstructing them.

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6804 on: August 13, 2012, 10:00:36 am »

I'm a really huge fan of the "Thief" series of games, and was wondering if anyone experienced in the skyrim mods (theres like, 100 of them  :o) could point me out on which mods would make skyrim closer to Thief. And anything else that might make the game harder/more realistic as a thief.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #6805 on: August 13, 2012, 10:21:41 am »

I'm a really huge fan of the "Thief" series of games, and was wondering if anyone experienced in the skyrim mods (theres like, 100 of them  :o) could point me out on which mods would make skyrim closer to Thief. And anything else that might make the game harder/more realistic as a thief.
Honestly, the two are very different games but what specific parts of Thief are you hoping to bring to Skyrim? if you crank the difficulty to max and run around in leather armor with a bow, you will have a very difficult stealth-based game where you must trick and exploit the AI to survive because toe-to-toe combat is suicide.

Sergius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6806 on: August 13, 2012, 10:33:16 am »

Does the light level make any difference in Skyrim regarding to sneaking? In thief, you were either visible or not according to where you were standing, not because stealth... likewise, walking was noisy on stone, and silent on carpets, and so on. Plus, water arrows.

Not sure if any of that can be modded in Skyrim.

Levi

• Bay Watcher
  • Is a fish.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6807 on: August 13, 2012, 11:10:05 am »

Does the light level make any difference in Skyrim regarding to sneaking? In thief, you were either visible or not according to where you were standing, not because stealth... likewise, walking was noisy on stone, and silent on carpets, and so on. Plus, water arrows.

I'm pretty sure sure light does make a difference.  I seem to have a much harder time sneaking in broad daylight, even with 95 sneak.  :) 

Not sure if its a gradient of light levels or just a simple "This guy is standing in the shadows atm" kind of calculation though.
Avid Gamer | Goldfish Enthusiast | Canadian | Professional Layabout

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #6808 on: August 13, 2012, 11:16:38 am »

Not sure if any of that can be modded in Skyrim.
As far as I know, light level matters a great deal, yes. You will only be 'stealthed' if you are sneaking though, I don't think you can just stand in the shadows. Movement noise is iirc determined by the type of boots you have on in skyrim.

Water arrows... nothing like that in skyrim vanilla, and I don't know of any mod to add them. They'd be difficult as the mod would need to replace every single light source with an extinguishable version.

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6809 on: August 13, 2012, 12:03:52 pm »

Water arrows... nothing like that in skyrim vanilla, and I don't know of any mod to add them. They'd be difficult as the mod would need to replace every single light source with an extinguishable version.
I think you could edit the properties of each kind of light source and have all references to that in the world bring up the modified one. It would be a lot of work but not as bad as going through the world and changing each light source in each cell.
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei
Pages: 1 ... 452 453 [454] 455 456 ... 896