Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 447 448 [449] 450 451 ... 896

Author Topic: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim  (Read 1600373 times)

Briggsy16

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
« Reply #6720 on: July 28, 2012, 10:42:43 am »

What are the best mods to use then? Just installing this on my new PC and wanna start it modded straight away. Thanks guys :D

jaxy15

• Bay Watcher
  • Adept Modder
    • View Profile
« Reply #6721 on: July 28, 2012, 11:33:51 am »

What are the best mods to use then? Just installing this on my new PC and wanna start it modded straight away. Thanks guys :D
Well, if you would like to forge your own dwarven robots, I recommend Dwemer Certified.
Dwarf Fortress: Threats of metabolism.

Astral

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTER_TENTACLES:RIBCAGE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6722 on: July 28, 2012, 11:47:06 am »

SkyRe is a good place to start. After that, it's up to you. I use the recommended other mods with it, Deadly Dragons, as well as Essential Shadowmere, Faster  Vanilla Horses, Dagger Craft, the Unofficial Skyrim Patch, Dual Wield Parrying, Tougher Traps, and the official HighResTexturePack.
What Darwin was too polite to say, my friends, is that we came to rule the Earth not because we were the smartest, or even the meanest, but because we have always been the craziest, most murderous motherfuckers in the jungle. -Stephen King's Cell
It's viable to keep a dead rabbit in the glove compartment to take a drink every now and then.

jester

• Bay Watcher
  • Dwarvern Survialist Nutter
    • View Profile
« Reply #6723 on: July 28, 2012, 05:53:36 pm »

I use skyrimUI as well, along with a few tweak mods like all potions only weighing 0.1.
If life gives you lemons, burn them.

Vendayn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6724 on: July 31, 2012, 01:23:13 pm »

Here is my latest version of my character, Amy. Turned out really nice, I think.

http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/images/117835

My own website for Skyrim, Fallout 4, and many other games: http://vendayn.wix.com/skyrimvendayn

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #6725 on: July 31, 2012, 01:27:32 pm »

Here is my latest version of my character, Amy. Turned out really nice, I think.

I like it. I think it's just the way her hair falls but wow she seems to have a thin neck!

Vendayn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6726 on: July 31, 2012, 01:46:13 pm »

I like it. I think it's just the way her hair falls but wow she seems to have a thin neck!

That is just how the race mod was made, sadly. That is only downside I've found, to it. Kind of looks weird, yeah. Maybe it is just the style of the race. The hair actually hides it a bit. Other than that, I get the best looking character from said race...so...outside of the thin neck, I still think she looks nice.
My own website for Skyrim, Fallout 4, and many other games: http://vendayn.wix.com/skyrimvendayn

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #6727 on: August 07, 2012, 06:41:03 am »

Anyone else try out Dawnguard? I'm really enjoying the DLC content so far.

Is the new dwemer-related quest line included in the DLC or was it just put out with the patch? It started with a book and led all the fuck around skyrim. Pretty awesome line really.

bukitodinos

• Bay Watcher
  • IM FUCKING DEAD WOOOOO!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6728 on: August 07, 2012, 08:32:28 am »

i have a new character, i will post him later and his adventures.
I mean for the love of god! There's hair trying to kill a dog!
back to professional martinis with bukitodinos!
---
Put the flag in the martini and were done!
siggy!

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #6729 on: August 07, 2012, 08:36:59 am »

I made a new character as well to try out the new content, pure mage build this time using SkyRE. Its pretty interesting.

A few mods I love:

Bandoliers
Wear Circlets with Hoods/Hooded Robes
Wearable Travel Lantern
Cloaks of Skyrim
SkyRe
SkyUI

The buildable house mod is nice too.

But really, I'm loving the ability to wear circlets with hooded robes. It never made much sense to me why you couldn't. Cloaks look nice and adds another enchantable article of clothing. Bandoliers give you an option to make a sort of backpack that increases your carry weight. The Wearable Lanterns mod adds in a travel lantern that takes oil or a torchbug-in-a-jar lamp which eats grass or something. They shed about half the light of a torch but are incredibly useful for dungeon delving, especially with the realistic lightning that SkyRe brings.

The Mechanical Man

• Bay Watcher
  • Brian Steelhelm the Disciplined
    • View Profile
« Reply #6730 on: August 07, 2012, 08:43:44 am »

As mentioned, SkyRe seems to be a good mod although I've never tried it myself.

I use a lot of texture mods that just generally improve the textures of the game. I'm not a fan of the complete texture overhauls myself, but I have a mod that improve rock textures, another that improves furniture textures, food textures, etc.

There are a few combat mods like ACE, Deadly Combat, and Duke Patrick's. There's a good explanation of the combat mods here: http://forums.bethsoft.com/topic/1401728-cant-decide-which-combat-mod/

There are a few camping mods I've seen, with deploy-able beds and fires for cooking. Going along with cooking, there are some good mods that add new recipes and things to make.

I've seen a wide variety of armor and weapon mods. Most of them have new models that you craft at a forge, which I am not so much of a fan of (I'd rather have the new models integrated in the game or replace vanilla models). Half of the armor/clothing mods are just skimpy anime junk (if I wanted to look at that stuff, I wouldn't be playing Skyrim) but there are some good lore-friendly armor mods out there as well.

Ultimately, just search around and you'll find some good mods that make little changes or add little things. Not all mods have to be huge overhauls, most of mods I download are a bit random. I have a mod for playable instruments, faster walking/slower running, horse riding tweaks, improved animal loot (meats and pelts), etc.
Quote from: XxoriginxX
The upside is that I have meat stores at around 1200 units now. And the bones... oh, the sweet, sweet bones...

bukitodinos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6731 on: August 07, 2012, 08:44:10 am »

anyone else have a hard time for witch side they should go with?

imperials are spineless, elf worshiping snobs

stormcloacks are arrogant,racist idiots....
---
siggy!

The Mechanical Man

• Bay Watcher
  • Brian Steelhelm the Disciplined
    • View Profile
« Reply #6732 on: August 07, 2012, 08:45:18 am »

anyone else have a hard time for witch side they should go with?

imperials are spineless, elf worshiping snobs

stormcloacks are arrogant,racist idiots....

I went with the Imperials just because I like their architecture, armor, and obvious references to the Roman Empire. And they aren't really elf worshipping. I didn't go with the Stormcloaks because their armor is ugly. It wasn't a hard decision for me.
Quote from: XxoriginxX
The upside is that I have meat stores at around 1200 units now. And the bones... oh, the sweet, sweet bones...

bukitodinos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6733 on: August 07, 2012, 08:47:29 am »

i like looking at there ethics, but ulfric is kind of epic..
---
siggy!

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #6734 on: August 07, 2012, 08:56:04 am »

Aren't the Imperials just elf proxies?
Pages: 1 ... 447 448 [449] 450 451 ... 896