Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 439 440 [441] 442 443 ... 896

Author Topic: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim  (Read 1601188 times)

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
« Reply #6600 on: July 17, 2012, 12:01:54 am »

Eh. It's a fantasy game where you are surviving being bathed in fire. Armor already doesn't mean anything but a number value. It's not something to be bothered by.

Aesthetics is more than valid reason, however. I have seen this mod, I know it exists, but I can't seem to find it currently. If I run across it again I'll be sure to post it here.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

NobodyPro

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6601 on: July 17, 2012, 01:08:18 am »

SkyRe is kinda interesting when it comes to magic. Running through a Thieves Guild quest, I encountered the guy living underneath the Honningbrew Meadery, who used his lightning magic on my (not extremely frail; 300 health) thief, instantly blasting my ass into a reload.
That guy kicked my spellsword's ass in vanilla too. He's powerful for some reason.

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #6602 on: July 17, 2012, 01:21:37 am »

SkyRe is kinda interesting when it comes to magic. Running through a Thieves Guild quest, I encountered the guy living underneath the Honningbrew Meadery, who used his lightning magic on my (not extremely frail; 300 health) thief, instantly blasting my ass into a reload.
That guy kicked my spellsword's ass in vanilla too. He's powerful for some reason.
That fucking bastard. I didn't end up killing him, just snuck.

Vattic

• Bay Watcher
  • bibo ergo sum
    • View Profile
« Reply #6603 on: July 17, 2012, 02:53:30 am »

Aesthetics is more than valid reason, however. I have seen this mod, I know it exists, but I can't seem to find it currently. If I run across it again I'll be sure to post it here.
There was one early on but I think the guy discontinued it partly because of all the negative flames he got. You might know of a more recent one, though.

Fake edit: This was the mod I'm thinking of.
6 out of 7 dwarves aren't Happy.
How To Generate Small Islands

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #6604 on: July 17, 2012, 03:13:14 am »

Eh. It's a fantasy game where you are surviving being bathed in fire. Armor already doesn't mean anything but a number value. It's not something to be bothered by.

Aesthetics? Make that "stretch of disbelief". If I have to face palm nearly every time I see I woman in armour, they might as well make all the helmets tin buckets. It's not a game ruiner, but it sure is dumb and detrimental to my experience. Also my face and brain cells.
Love, scriver~

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #6605 on: July 17, 2012, 12:24:03 pm »

The game has books detailing why each style of plate and material is more effective at stopping blows. Your argument is invalid.

But the main thing is the aesthetic, yes. It breaks suspension of disbelief for me when "armor" leaves the midriff bare.
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6606 on: July 17, 2012, 12:26:00 pm »

Armour doesn't actually do anything, it's the magical field surrounding it that protects you.
The same magical field that can change the steel breastplate that a male Orc was wearing into a steel tanktop with breast cups when the player puts it on.
*Hugs*

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #6607 on: July 17, 2012, 12:27:29 pm »

Is this the same magical field that interferes with Lydia's brainwaves?
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

bukitodinos

• Bay Watcher
  • IM FUCKING DEAD WOOOOO!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6608 on: July 17, 2012, 01:10:59 pm »

I just installed a mod where followers don't trigger traps.

best skyrim experience ever.
I mean for the love of god! There's hair trying to kill a dog!
back to professional martinis with bukitodinos!
---
Put the flag in the martini and were done!
siggy!

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6609 on: July 17, 2012, 01:17:58 pm »

The game has books detailing why each style of plate and material is more effective at stopping blows. Your argument is invalid.
My argument is still valid, the TES universe just isn't self-consistent.

And depending on how you look at the lore, the universe is sorta built that way. Sometimes time just doesn't want to take your crap anymore and messes around with junk.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

Fikes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6610 on: July 17, 2012, 02:58:26 pm »

Anyone have a fun character build? I started out with a lizard, one hand (blunt), destruction/conjuration. I don't like conjuration because then your summons do all your fights for you.

I am thinking either an Illusion thief (not sure of race, 1 handed or ranged) or an Orc Beserker (2 handed). I will probably level blacksmithing and enchanting on either character. Possibly alchemy.

KaelGotDwarves

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:FIRE_ELF]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6611 on: July 17, 2012, 04:14:24 pm »

Pretty much any stealthy character is the most fun I've ever had in the game, be it shooting arrows from the shadows and then disappearing only to shoot someone in the face again, or getting the perfect backstab for bonus damage.

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #6612 on: July 17, 2012, 04:22:27 pm »

Stealth, one hand (short swords) and marksmanship.
Light armour with a heavy armour helmet (those stone masks you get from killing liches, they look awesome).
No magic at all, except stolen/looted magic staffs (staves?) and scrolls, and those only in emergencies.

This was my first (and only) game and I enjoyed it a lot :).

Sordid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6613 on: July 17, 2012, 04:37:58 pm »

Yeah, I enjoy stealthy characters as well. Don't use illusion, though. That way the magic will do the stealth for you, which is a lot less fun.

Azkanan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6614 on: July 17, 2012, 05:04:19 pm »

Two-handed hammer + "Dance of Death" mod.

Best. Battle Experience. Ever.
A pool of Dwarven Ale.
WHO IS RESPONSIBLE FOR THIS ?
Pages: 1 ... 439 440 [441] 442 443 ... 896