Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 437 438 [439] 440 441 ... 896

Author Topic: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim  (Read 1601484 times)

Rex_Nex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
« Reply #6570 on: July 03, 2012, 06:17:35 pm »

Edit: Wait, thats not the edit button... bear with the double post...

Ah yes. At the time i forgot to mention that with SkyRe you get a txt named addthistoyourini or something which makes you aim straight and can hit things further away

I dont think I have that... is there something else it wants me to add other then fVisibleNavmesh?

Ivefan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6571 on: July 03, 2012, 06:28:18 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Plus the skills are boring...
This, but other than melee being boring, 2-hander slaughtered when i tried it.

Rex_Nex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6572 on: July 03, 2012, 07:55:42 pm »

Thanks Ivefan :)

Gah. Quested for a few hours, looked behind me, and I was missing Lydia... did player.moveto and... she died during the Dragon fight I had some time back :(

Now either I redo all those quests, cheat, or deal with one less companion...

...I didn't like Lydia's attitude anyway. "I'm sworn to carry your burdens... *rolls eyes*". Yea, and now I have to carry your body into the river you prick >.>

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #6573 on: July 03, 2012, 08:01:54 pm »

Thanks Ivefan :)

Gah. Quested for a few hours, looked behind me, and I was missing Lydia... did player.moveto and... she died during the Dragon fight I had some time back :(

Now either I redo all those quests, cheat, or deal with one less companion...

...I didn't like Lydia's attitude anyway. "I'm sworn to carry your burdens... *rolls eyes*". Yea, and now I have to carry your body into the river you prick >.>
*she bumps into me*
"OH" in a very annoyed tone.
*Leaves her in Honeyside forever. I'm taking Vilkas with me damnit!*
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

Astral

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTER_TENTACLES:RIBCAGE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6574 on: July 03, 2012, 08:09:21 pm »

I don't bother with companions. They get in the way. And occasionally that's a bad thing when attempting to be sneaky, avoiding traps for later use against the inhabitants of the dungeon itself...
What Darwin was too polite to say, my friends, is that we came to rule the Earth not because we were the smartest, or even the meanest, but because we have always been the craziest, most murderous motherfuckers in the jungle. -Stephen King's Cell
It's viable to keep a dead rabbit in the glove compartment to take a drink every now and then.

Sergius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6575 on: July 03, 2012, 08:13:18 pm »

The only way companions don't suck is to set them to essential. Even during fights with lesser bandits they ALWAYS get to limping, all it takes is a tiny DOT flame spell to kill them at that point.

I heard that was a bug actually and they were meant to die only by your hand, not sure tho.

Rex_Nex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6576 on: July 03, 2012, 08:15:55 pm »

I actually think I accidentally blew her up with Unrelenting Force trying to get some draugr off my tail. Gah.

Astral

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTER_TENTACLES:RIBCAGE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6577 on: July 03, 2012, 08:26:31 pm »

They do normally die only because you accidentally hit them, but... I've had things like this happen. So I go it alone.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5LFxP4i9hX4

The fact that this still uses vanilla lighting confused me for a second, because SkyRe's is so much more... dark in the dungeons.
What Darwin was too polite to say, my friends, is that we came to rule the Earth not because we were the smartest, or even the meanest, but because we have always been the craziest, most murderous motherfuckers in the jungle. -Stephen King's Cell
It's viable to keep a dead rabbit in the glove compartment to take a drink every now and then.

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6578 on: July 03, 2012, 11:29:06 pm »

In my game, Lydia died due to a bandit arrow. Bandit attempted to shoot at me, I sidestepped, and Lydia happened to be kneeling a few feet behind me. She neglected to dodge.

I spent most of the rest of the game follower-free.
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6579 on: July 04, 2012, 12:25:53 am »

Finally beat the Main Quest today (Was off the game for a few months due to hard-drive failure, necessitating a start-over. I had been on Season Unending before.) Man, all those heroes in Sovngarde sure are hammy.

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6580 on: July 04, 2012, 01:09:04 am »

Man, all those heroes in Sovngarde sure are hammy.
Let's be honest: Somewhere deep inside, you would be disappointed if they weren't absolutely Brian Blessed levels of hammy.
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6581 on: July 04, 2012, 01:12:16 am »

Man, all those heroes in Sovngarde sure are hammy.
Let's be honest: Somewhere deep inside, you would be disappointed if they weren't absolutely Brian Blessed levels of hammy.
You know... you're right. Tsun's yoda talk was still a bit much though. And Gormlaith Golden-Hilt... just... Gormlaith Golden-Hilt. She made me crack up at what should have been serious moments :D

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6582 on: July 04, 2012, 01:14:53 am »

Now that I actually think about it, you Team Up to defeat the dragon with the Power of Friendship, basically. Maybe they really are trying to distract you from the plot.
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6583 on: July 04, 2012, 01:18:25 am »

Gormlaith vs Lydia: the real final battle. Also, for some reason I got this bug where I was wandering around the reach when suddenly I encountered ALL THE COMPANIONS on the road. Athis was beating the crap out of some forsworn, the others were standing over many dead forsworn. It happened again when I was in Skuldafn, which was awesome.

Euld

• Bay Watcher
  • There's coffee in that nebula ಠ_ರೃ
    • View Profile
« Reply #6584 on: July 04, 2012, 03:02:12 am »

I spent most of the game companion-less.  I sacrificed Lydia to a daedric lord for having the personality of a two by four  :o  I married one of the Companions, Fargus was his name I think?  Yeah I think my male Khajit mage broke just about every rule of social acceptability in Skyrim.
Pages: 1 ... 437 438 [439] 440 441 ... 896