Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 415 416 [417] 418 419 ... 896

Author Topic: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim  (Read 1602719 times)

Rex_Nex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
« Reply #6240 on: June 06, 2012, 11:01:51 pm »

This argument is heading towards the wrong direction.

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6241 on: June 06, 2012, 11:13:18 pm »

So, uhh... Alvor the Blacksmith from Riverwood died. If I try to resurrect him, would that slowly glitch up my game?
Thank you for all the fish. It was a good run.

Sergius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6242 on: June 06, 2012, 11:20:28 pm »

This argument is heading towards the wrong direction.

The mere existence of the argument proves me right ;D

buckets

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6243 on: June 07, 2012, 12:36:45 am »

So, uhh... Alvor the Blacksmith from Riverwood died. If I try to resurrect him, would that slowly glitch up my game?
Using console commands? You should be fine.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #6244 on: June 07, 2012, 06:47:36 am »

Using console commands? You should be fine.
If his death isn't tied to a quest, you can use 'resurrect 1' and it should be fine.

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6245 on: June 07, 2012, 10:07:18 pm »

I would love a mod that puts general fear into any NPC that isn't a Combat NPC such as a Guard or such. Having 10 villagers run at a dragon only to be killed because they were wearing rags and wielding maybe a dagger if they were lucky isn't very fun...
Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...

Domenique

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6246 on: June 07, 2012, 11:46:10 pm »

I would love a mod that puts general fear into any NPC that isn't a Combat NPC such as a Guard or such. Having 10 villagers run at a dragon only to be killed because they were wearing rags and wielding maybe a dagger if they were lucky isn't very fun...
But they're nords.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6247 on: June 07, 2012, 11:54:20 pm »

But they're nords.
Thought process of a normal person meeting a dragon:
"OH SHIT RUN AWAY!"

Thought process of a Nord meeting a dragon:
"Burn my home and the homes of my friends? Oh no you motherfucking don't you goddamn dragon. I don't care if you've got goddamn fire and ice breath, I don't care if you're several times larger than you, I will fucking kill you with my goddamn fists if you don't get your goddamn ass out of here."

/Stronglanguageomg.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Mono124

• Bay Watcher
  • Into the abyss you go!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6248 on: June 08, 2012, 12:50:29 am »

But they're nords.
Thought process of a normal person meeting a dragon:
"OH SHIT RUN AWAY!"

Thought process of a Nord meeting a dragon:
"Maybe I'm the Dragonborn, and I just don't know it yet!"

Fix'd
Collin Quay- [145.9]-broadcasts: As a professional doctor, I have to say, dodge the fucking meteors or you will die.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #6249 on: June 08, 2012, 03:36:00 am »

Heh. Really, that they can't get simple obvious things like this right is part of why Bethesda's "radiant AI" will always be a complete failure.
Love, scriver~

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #6250 on: June 08, 2012, 06:22:04 am »

You could go as simple as classifying every NPC as civilian or combatant, or give each person a general 'bravery' value which is checked, or even go as complex as giving each person a set of personality values which can be referenced. Modeling human behavior accurately isn't easy, but generally faking it is.

Sordid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6251 on: June 08, 2012, 08:24:50 am »

TES games have had that since Morrowind. There are three variables, "fight", "flee", and "alarm" that determine the conditions under which an NPC fights and runs away and how likely it is to respond to another NPC's call for help.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #6252 on: June 08, 2012, 08:28:34 am »

TES games have had that since Morrowind. There are three variables, "fight", "flee", and "alarm" that determine the conditions under which an NPC fights and runs away and how likely it is to respond to another NPC's call for help.
Well in Skyrim they seem to have forgotten all of that and set everyone to fight.

To the death.

Even if all I did was pick up a cup by accident.

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6253 on: June 08, 2012, 08:33:45 am »

Well in Skyrim they seem to have forgotten all of that and set everyone to fight.

To the death.

Even if all I did was pick up a cup by accident.
Oh I LOVE when that happens. What ever you do, do not even think of dusting anything in Skyrim. You would be put to death for moving something...
Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #6254 on: June 08, 2012, 08:34:46 am »

Chicken.
Pages: 1 ... 415 416 [417] 418 419 ... 896