Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 412 413 [414] 415 416 ... 896

Author Topic: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim  (Read 1602860 times)

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
« Reply #6195 on: June 04, 2012, 08:58:27 am »

I hate how Im railroaded to help so evil god to kill random npc:s and the game expects that I want to do it because I get shiny hammer for it.
Or you could just not do the quest if you have a moral objection or you don't want to do it because it wouldn't be in character... Nobody is forcing you to go kill anyone.

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6196 on: June 04, 2012, 09:36:57 am »

Being able to resolve the quest in another fashion would be nice. Even if it was just a generic "Quit Quest" option.
*Hugs*

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #6197 on: June 04, 2012, 10:04:47 am »

Being able to resolve the quest in another fashion would be nice. Even if it was just a generic "Quit Quest" option.
Yeah I agree with that, would be nice to simply be able to delete a quest or cancel it

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #6198 on: June 04, 2012, 10:07:51 am »

Yea, my Skyrim doesn't run anymore either. I cant be bothered to reinstall the game now, I know I'll get bored, give in and try the newest mods, lock up my game again, then have to repeat the process.

Its a fun game, but for whatever reason my 200$ PS3 is more capable of running it then my 1000$ PC. Running around and killing 592348 bandits doesn't hold my interest long anyway.
How old is the $1000 pc?

A few months, I think I built it in January? It _should_ run skyrim fine, but it dun do so :c
You done something wrong then as my $650 computer i made 2 months ago is blasting away at full HD :P

Rakonas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6199 on: June 04, 2012, 03:02:51 pm »

Yea, my Skyrim doesn't run anymore either. I cant be bothered to reinstall the game now, I know I'll get bored, give in and try the newest mods, lock up my game again, then have to repeat the process.

Its a fun game, but for whatever reason my 200$ PS3 is more capable of running it then my 1000$ PC. Running around and killing 592348 bandits doesn't hold my interest long anyway.
How old is the $1000 pc?

A few months, I think I built it in January? It _should_ run skyrim fine, but it dun do so :c
You done something wrong then as my $650 computer i made 2 months ago is blasting away at full HD :P
Same for my ~$1000 computer I made 2 years ago.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #6200 on: June 04, 2012, 03:29:54 pm »

Or someone sold you some really shitty hardware for $1000

jester

• Bay Watcher
  • Dwarvern Survialist Nutter
    • View Profile
« Reply #6201 on: June 04, 2012, 09:08:52 pm »

Yah, my AUS$500 rig runs skyrim no worries on high settings, though second hand rigs are super cheap here now.
If life gives you lemons, burn them.

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6202 on: June 04, 2012, 10:16:52 pm »

Side question away from the Current thoughts about PC Power and Cost...

SKSE, Any idea when that will be updated to the current version of Skyrim???
Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...

Rex_Nex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6203 on: June 04, 2012, 10:21:08 pm »

I blame my low FPS on pirating :P

I dont really get my lag, and I think I whined about it earlier in this thread, but its not as much laggy as prone to frame skipping. I get ~60fps in cities and ~30fps outdoors, but it feels so damn skippy. On my PS3 I'm going to guess I get ~40FPS in cities and ~25FPS outdoors, but it doesnt skip so everything feels smooth.

I also get this weird thing where it feel like my mouse is aligned to a grid if I try to move it diagonally (and only diagonally).
« Last Edit: June 04, 2012, 10:22:44 pm by Rex_Nex »

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6204 on: June 04, 2012, 11:56:12 pm »

Turn on VSync or fuck with your monitor's refresh rate.
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #6205 on: June 05, 2012, 03:53:56 pm »

More Dawnguard Details!

Dawnguard's plot lets you choose to side with either the Dawnguard vampire hunters, or the vampire lords, who live in the realm of Oblivion.

Speaking of Oblivion, players can travel there at will if they choose to become a vampire lord

Dawnguard is aimed at players who are level ten or higher, although some areas will be harder than those from Skyrim's core quest line.

Vampire lords have their own skill tree, including tons of new abilities.

Vampiric Grip is a new vampire skill, that lets players grab enemies and throw them around effortlessly.

Dawnguard has a new Dragon Shout called Soul Tear, that lets players shout at enemies, rip out their soul, then have it reanimate as an ally who fights alongside you.

Dawnguard has been confirmed to cost 1600 MS points.

Vampire lords can also command swarms of bats and gargoyle companions.

Also apparently theres a beta sign up for the XBox people. Don't know if there are any around here, but posting the linky just in case.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2012, 04:01:43 pm by Furtuka »
It's FEF, not FEOF

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #6206 on: June 05, 2012, 05:19:57 pm »

who live in the realm of Oblivion

Oblivion is not a realm. For god's sake, Bethesda.
Love, scriver~

Sergius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6207 on: June 05, 2012, 06:13:29 pm »

Oblivion isn't even that well defined. It's mostly a word for "planes that exist around that aren't even connected or related."

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #6208 on: June 05, 2012, 06:33:16 pm »

What? No. Oblivion is as well defined as can be. It's the void that the Daedric and Aedric realms/plane(t)s reside in. It's beyond the Mundus/Creation, and beyond Oblivion in turn lies Aetherius. If the planes/realms are eggs floating in water, then Oblivion is the water. Except it's an unending expanse of nothing instead of liquid.
Love, scriver~

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #6209 on: June 05, 2012, 06:58:55 pm »

What? No. Oblivion is as well defined as can be. It's the void that the Daedric and Aedric realms/plane(t)s reside in. It's beyond the Mundus/Creation, and beyond Oblivion in turn lies Aetherius. If the planes/realms are eggs floating in water, then Oblivion is the water. Except it's an unending expanse of nothing instead of liquid.
I may as well point out that said void between the Oblivion planes has been called "The Waters of Oblivion" a couple of times.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?
Pages: 1 ... 412 413 [414] 415 416 ... 896