Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 394 395 [396] 397 398 ... 896

Author Topic: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim  (Read 1603970 times)

Azkanan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
« Reply #5925 on: April 06, 2012, 01:18:03 pm »

When I did the civil war quests (for the Imperial Legion, naturally) I'd already done the main quest so every battle was basically "Strormcloaks, Odahviing. Odahviing, dinner." and laughing like a maniac as they got torn to pieces and burnt to crisps by my pet dragon.

Damn. I've always done it the other way around, for some reason.

Damn.
A pool of Dwarven Ale.
WHO IS RESPONSIBLE FOR THIS ?

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
« Reply #5926 on: April 06, 2012, 03:13:51 pm »

I have to give them credit for one thing; the Stormcloaks are the obvious choice- for one thing, they didn't arbitrarily decide to behead you- and they seem to have right on their side. But the rational choice, to achieve the goals of everyone involved, is to side with the empire. Otherwise both sides will be too weak to fight the Nazi Elves.
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.

Azkanan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5927 on: April 06, 2012, 03:36:53 pm »

I went with Imperial on my first playthrough, just because I preferred Solitude's Playerhouse.

Finicky bastard, aren't I?
A pool of Dwarven Ale.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #5928 on: April 06, 2012, 03:57:05 pm »

I have to give them credit for one thing; the Stormcloaks are the obvious choice- for one thing, they didn't arbitrarily decide to behead you- and they seem to have right on their side. But the rational choice, to achieve the goals of everyone involved, is to side with the empire. Otherwise both sides will be too weak to fight the Nazi Elves.

Uh oh.

Let me vouch for the empire by saying that the empire aren't a bunch of racist bastards and that the arbitrary beheading was the decision of a single superior >_>

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
  • That guy who used to be here all the time
    • View Profile
« Reply #5929 on: April 06, 2012, 04:01:20 pm »

That's why I declared singular independence and slaughtered both armies.

I wish there was a mod that would let you actually do that. Singlehandedly become a third party and smash two armies.
Thou art I, I art Thou.
The trust you have bestowed upon thy comrade is now reciprocated in turn.
Thou shall be blessed when calling upon personae of the Hangman Arcana.
May this tie bind thee to a brighter future!​
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.

Leatra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5930 on: April 06, 2012, 04:20:24 pm »

I wish there was a mod that would let you actually do that. Singlehandedly become a third party and smash two armies.

Or... you know, bring a diplomatic solution to both parties maybe?

It was a boring day...

Azkanan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5931 on: April 06, 2012, 04:28:18 pm »

Mount and Blade.
A pool of Dwarven Ale.

Rex_Nex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5932 on: April 06, 2012, 04:38:30 pm »

I wanted to see more Khajiit. I knew Skyrim was in short supply of them, so I'm playing as one! Only issue is that my fur is so dark that it is hard to distinguish anything on my char... she looked cute in the char selection, but somehow the lighting makes it more-then-hard to see anything.

Also, am I the only one that will forgo helmets until the really good looking ones show up? I can't say I feel it is a good trade to hide my char's head under an ugly helmet for 10 armor...

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
« Reply #5933 on: April 06, 2012, 04:44:18 pm »

I keep meaning to find a mod that ups the difficulty and makes everyone mortal, then go about saving Skyrim from the Dragons by killing everything first.
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #5934 on: April 06, 2012, 05:02:41 pm »

Besides what Putnam said, there's also the thing where
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Love, scriver~

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5935 on: April 06, 2012, 05:26:40 pm »

I'm hoping for an ending option to challenge Ulfric to the right to the throne, just like he challenged the old king (but not for the throne).

MasterFancyPants

• Bay Watcher
  • I LOVE TACOS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5936 on: April 06, 2012, 05:27:27 pm »

Breaking into the High Elf embassy really changed my mind about the Stormcloaks.
Quote from: Frumple
Flailing people to death with empty socks, though, that takes a lot of effort. Less so if the sock's made out of something interesting, but generally quite difficult.

Rakonas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5937 on: April 06, 2012, 05:38:39 pm »

Besides what Putnam said, there's also the thing where
The actual thing in game isn't really indicative of very much of what his future decisions will be, though. After all

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5938 on: April 06, 2012, 06:02:59 pm »

Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

MorleyDev

• Bay Watcher
  • "It is not enough for it to just work."
    • View Profile
    • MorleyDev
« Reply #5939 on: April 06, 2012, 06:29:23 pm »

Then you have the problem of Thalmor's end goal. You know, what with the wiping out all human life (Nords, Imperials, Bretons...) because they believe that will let them unmake reality and become gods...

Independent Skyrim would be most likely crushed and every living man, woman and child slowly put to the sword, at least when (not if, both sides are just using it to rest and rebuild their forces) the war started again in the next Elder Scrolls the Empire would be able to reinstate Talos worship and have Skyrim at hand. Hence why the Stormcloaks are a terrible choice.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2012, 06:38:22 pm by MorleyDev »
Pages: 1 ... 394 395 [396] 397 398 ... 896