Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 343 344 [345] 346 347 ... 896

Author Topic: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim  (Read 1601095 times)

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
Re: Discussion on TES V: Skyrim
« Reply #5160 on: February 13, 2012, 01:56:42 pm »

Draugur do it. They maintain the tombs (admittedly poorly) when there aren't adventurers barging in.

It'd be pretty neat to be able to sneak into a place and see a Draugur go and light a candle someplace or dispose of the corpse of a previous invader.
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #5161 on: February 13, 2012, 01:57:54 pm »

Draugur do it. They maintain the tombs (admittedly poorly) when there aren't adventurers barging in.

It'd be pretty neat to be able to sneak into a place and see a Draugur go and light a candle someplace or dispose of the corpse of a previous invader.
If that really is the lore reason, it's a very poor one. It also begs the question of who goes out to harvest wood and pitch for new torches? Who kills animals for more fat to make tallow candles?

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5162 on: February 13, 2012, 02:02:07 pm »

A wizard did it.
*Hugs*

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #5163 on: February 13, 2012, 02:03:52 pm »

Magical glows, arcane sigils, etc. But seeing a wooden torch or a candle burning in a place that no living being should have been in 500+ years is a bit much for me.

If Bethesdsa can't be arsed to to make the loot lists in the tombs reflect what's historically accurate (funny how all these ancient nords were buried with imperial gear...) I doubt they're going to take lighting that seriously.

Although why it's so hard to create "fey" light sources, I don't know. I'd even settle for generic evil ambient lighting if all the candles and torches went bye-bye.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5164 on: February 13, 2012, 02:04:14 pm »

Just have a burning brazier in a few places in a dungeon for cool lighting. Just enough offerings and available wood to keep a few burning. Some candles providing a soft glow because spooooooooooky spirits are keeping them lit. I don't really expect much more than that.

I'm primarily interesting in making dungeons cool to go through. Any place where the lighting engine flexes its muscles is fantastic, and we really should see more of what it can do. Historical accuracy is not really a problem. I would just prefer more varies loot containers, like barrels that didn't always have junk I don't want.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5165 on: February 13, 2012, 02:08:05 pm »

Really though, it was the Skyrim Commision For Adventurer Entertainment, Skyrim is actually set in modern times, it's a gameshow. Adventurers come in and explore tombs and die horribly on national television, but here's the kicker, the contestants don't know this.

They think they're being sent back in time, haven't you ever wondered why dragons turn up at the most inconvenient time? Or how people always seem to know where you're going to be? I mean come on, ore veins growing back? Who's stupid enough to fall for that shit, or the fact that people are willing to follow you to death just because you smiled at them.

Contestants who figure out too much are drugged and put to work as town guards, they're implanted with memories of being shot in the knee so they won't seem out of place.
*Hugs*

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5166 on: February 13, 2012, 02:17:43 pm »

It would explain the Space Core mod. Glados is running the set.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.

Leatra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5167 on: February 13, 2012, 02:20:07 pm »

Really though, it was the Skyrim Commision For Adventurer Entertainment, Skyrim is actually set in modern times, it's a gameshow. Adventurers come in and explore tombs and die horribly on national television, but here's the kicker, the contestants don't know this.

They think they're being sent back in time, haven't you ever wondered why dragons turn up at the most inconvenient time? Or how people always seem to know where you're going to be? I mean come on, ore veins growing back? Who's stupid enough to fall for that shit, or the fact that people are willing to follow you to death just because you smiled at them.

Contestants who figure out too much are drugged and put to work as town guards, they're implanted with memories of being shot in the knee so they won't seem out of place.

Good one! :D

It's easier to say "it's done by.... magiiiiic :o" in lore-breaking situtations.

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5168 on: February 13, 2012, 02:21:27 pm »

Yeah, all the enemies are just doods in suits. It isn't until you've got good ratings that they can afford the animatronic enemies that can be decapitated and shit.
*Hugs*

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5169 on: February 13, 2012, 02:24:33 pm »

Well if you think about it, you COULD SAY that a Wizard really did do it. Ever burning Torches and Candles...

OHHHH!!!! I love this Realistic Lighting Mod, makes the Intro even more immerse, its done at Daybreak, and not much can be seen on the cart ride due to the sun just coming up, but gets brighter as the sun rises above the mountains...

EDIT:: Gah why can't someone make a mod that allows you to equip an extra ring, perhaps 4 at max, middle and forefinger on each hand. This unlimited Rings is a bit over the top cause you can equip more rings then you have finders. EVEN IF YOU DID DOUBLE OR MORE UP ON A SINGLE FINGER...
« Last Edit: February 13, 2012, 02:26:50 pm by Neyvn »
Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5170 on: February 13, 2012, 02:29:10 pm »

EDIT:: Gah why can't someone make a mod that allows you to equip an extra ring, perhaps 4 at max, middle and forefinger on each hand. This unlimited Rings is a bit over the top cause you can equip more rings then you have finders. EVEN IF YOU DID DOUBLE OR MORE UP ON A SINGLE FINGER...
You got toes.

And male characters have a possible extra slot

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #5171 on: February 13, 2012, 02:33:16 pm »

You got toes.

And male characters have a possible extra slot
You could fit a couple on there!

Well I could anyway.

-rimshot-

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5172 on: February 13, 2012, 02:34:53 pm »

That joke is not nearly as clever as it seemed in your head

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #5173 on: February 13, 2012, 02:43:49 pm »

That joke is not nearly as clever as it seemed in your head
You are correct.

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
  • That guy who used to be here all the time
    • View Profile
« Reply #5174 on: February 13, 2012, 02:49:32 pm »

I'm now imaging a ring of 100% disease resist...

Yep.
Thou art I, I art Thou.
The trust you have bestowed upon thy comrade is now reciprocated in turn.
Thou shall be blessed when calling upon personae of the Hangman Arcana.
May this tie bind thee to a brighter future!​
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.
Pages: 1 ... 343 344 [345] 346 347 ... 896