Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 337 338 [339] 340 341 ... 896

Author Topic: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim  (Read 1601793 times)

Jervous

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Discussion on TES V: Skyrim
« Reply #5070 on: February 11, 2012, 10:40:28 am »

It's gonna be Hammerfell again. No doubt. It would be cool if they did Orsimer or the orc place, because orcs are really awesome. I just wonder what their big hook is gonna be.. They've already had dragons, what could be more exciting?

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5071 on: February 11, 2012, 10:46:40 am »

Orismer is just some tiny little providence on the asscrack of a frozen hellhole, a desert hellhole and I don't even know hellhole. It's tri-asscrack land.

Seriously though, that place is pretty small. I don't think their usual formula would work as well there, of having a large world with a ton of caves and tombs for you to loot.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

Sergius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5072 on: February 11, 2012, 10:47:43 am »

The Elder Scrolls VI (VII? VIII? IX?): Akavir!

Invade far away lands. It's time for the East India (er, Empire) to expand its horizons to the far East, like Japan (I mean Akavir)... fight monkey peoples and tiger dragon peoples and serpent vampire peoples and stuff.

Yeah, that'd be nice.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #5073 on: February 11, 2012, 11:20:49 am »

I've been doing a strictly RP run as a pure mage (cranky old orc mage to be precise). This means I don't do anything an arrogant cranky mage wouldn't do, including schlep every piece of armor, weapon, potion etc around from city to city peddling them like some damned merchant. I take what I can use and leave the rest behind.

I've also decided against having any sort of companion except possibly an apprentice mage once I finish the college quests, and even then they will not be used as a packmule.

I doubt I'll be swimming in gold doing it this way.

Buttery_Mess

• Bay Watcher
  • 11x11
    • View Profile
« Reply #5074 on: February 11, 2012, 11:29:03 am »

Hammerfell, high rock, skyrim, morrowind and cyrodiil have been done. Black marsh, elseweyr, valenwood and sumerset isle haven't been done yet. If not akavir, I'd wager that elseweyr will be next, or black marsh. Probably black marsh; its big, mysterious, and weird. Plus the theme can be about repelling the thalmor.
But .... It's so small!
It's not the size of the pick that counts... it's the size of the man with the pick.
Quote from: Toady One
Naturally, we'd like to make life miserable for everybody, randomly, but that'll take some doing.

Jervous

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5075 on: February 11, 2012, 12:13:56 pm »

...OH

Orsinium is in High Rock, oops

Leatra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5076 on: February 11, 2012, 12:21:22 pm »

I hope Akavir will take advantage of the Empire's weakness and attack. It would be epic.

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5077 on: February 11, 2012, 12:37:04 pm »

Most people who complain about money are the same people who spent hours making iron daggers and enchanting them to grind enchanting and smithing.

or just crafted all the gems into jewelry and sold that, never crafted a dagger, never enchanted, had 150000 gold by lvl 50.  Again the biggest problem is I never found anything worth spending money on besides houses and a bit of training
Soon there will be a mod thqt will let you build a village from the ground up. Where you will need to paay for wood for buildings before you can hire some woodcutters and build a sawmill and dont forget the tools so you would need to hire a blackmith and fund for a forge. Then you would be wanting to get a militia up and runnig. More cash there. aoh and walls of stone so theres a quarry. and prob a mine so taht your blacksmith can get easier ore to smel. Then perhaps a tower or somethin... Gah now a I want this mod that doesnt even exist...

((Please excuse bad evevrythings with my writings. Touch screen phones never agree with me...))
Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...

hemmingjay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5078 on: February 11, 2012, 12:38:08 pm »

YES PLEASE!!!!!!!!!
Only a simple mind can be certain.

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5079 on: February 11, 2012, 12:47:30 pm »

Actually. I wonder if the Consrtution Kit cab actually support that idea in formimg it
 as in have the commands to effect things like that.
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?

Leatra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5080 on: February 11, 2012, 12:50:07 pm »

I'm sure we will see something like that soon. We could run a shop in Morrowind and I remember something similiar in Oblivion. They did it in Fallout: New Vegas where you had to manage a village. It was a little unfinished though. Also, there was a mod that allows you to "build the most secure place in New Vegas" but it was a little buggy. It crashed a lot because game engine couldn't handle it. Game got unplayable after I got like 20 guards and built a tower.

And I totally understand you about touch screen phones ::)

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #5081 on: February 11, 2012, 01:35:55 pm »

It certainly could. It would be a rather fun project to work with. Of course, it would have to be at a preset place, and not dynamic. Kind of like the Raven Rock questline in Bloodmoon, except maybe a little more focused.
Love, scriver~

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5082 on: February 11, 2012, 01:37:18 pm »

Does anything ever happen with Helgen???

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5083 on: February 11, 2012, 01:44:33 pm »

Does anything ever happen with Helgen???
Bandits invade

Sometimes you find refugee camps around it
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #5084 on: February 11, 2012, 02:00:52 pm »

"Rebuild Helgen?" Could include a small fishing "village" (as in a few houses), and there's certainly enough room in the cliffs for a village. If you side with the Imperials and if the Imperial dude from the "prologue" survives you can even have him love back in with his kid again.
Love, scriver~
Pages: 1 ... 337 338 [339] 340 341 ... 896