Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 316 317 [318] 319 320 ... 896

Author Topic: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim  (Read 1603314 times)

NobodyPro

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Discussion on TES V: Skyrim
« Reply #4755 on: January 27, 2012, 09:12:47 pm »

Funny how the Imperials were roman inspired in every game but Oblivion...

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4756 on: January 27, 2012, 09:33:34 pm »

A couple of ideas why that is:
They tried to trick the Daedra.
They are exporting their romanness to others. Not enough left for themselves.
They decided to have a fashion change. Wasn't very attracting.
They were trying to mess around with the player's brain.
Their legion-legions are the only ones with roman-like armor. Alternatively, only out-of-state armies are roman-like.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

MorleyDev

• Bay Watcher
  • "It is not enough for it to just work."
    • View Profile
    • MorleyDev
« Reply #4757 on: January 27, 2012, 09:43:45 pm »

Well there is a handwave that I can think of. The roman style of armour in Morrowind looked like it was breezier and more flexible than the Cyrodiilic armour, meaning it could of been said that armour was for the more mountainous and volcanic climate of Vvardenfell, compared to the temperate rainforest of Cyrodiil. Skyrim is mountainous and cold, so you more the heavily padded but still more flexible roman-esque armour.

Of course, that style of armour probably isn't more flexible but hey, I am bullshitting xD

Interestingly, the Imperial Armour in Oblivion resembles the guard armour in Daggerfall.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2012, 09:47:16 pm by MorleyDev »

shadenight123

• Bay Watcher
  • Death. To all. Except my dwarves.
    • View Profile
    • My Twitter
« Reply #4758 on: January 28, 2012, 04:40:05 am »

they are probably going to do a desertish area.
they did hillish-volcanic, they did plain-ish, they did mountain-ish. now they'll do desertish (probably khajit homeland?) with pyramids and tombs and mummies and desert brigants and so on.
“Well,” he said. “We’re in the Forgotten hunting grounds I take it. Your screams just woke them up early. Congratulations, Lyara.”
“Do something!” she whispered, trying to keep her sight on all of them at once.
Basileus clapped his hands once. The Forgotten took a step forward, attracted by the sound.
“There, I did something. I clapped. I like clapping,” he said. -The Investigator And The Case Of The Missing Brain.

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #4759 on: January 28, 2012, 04:43:49 am »

Screw where we go, I just want to lay a smackdown on the Thalmor!

kcwong

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4760 on: January 28, 2012, 04:55:01 am »

These two mods I have found to be useful if you hate the UI.
There is SkyUI - http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/downloads/file.php?id=3863
And Categorized Favorites Menu - http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/downloads/file.php?id=4862

SkyUI is a must. But Categorized Favorites Menu is not working as intended - read the comments. It's categorizing many things incorrectly.

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4761 on: January 28, 2012, 09:32:28 am »

But Categorized Favorites Menu is not working as intended - read the comments. It's categorizing many things incorrectly.
Picky Picky. It at least separates SOME things correctly and is more laid out then having to scroll through a poorly set menu before. While its still an "evil" it is the lesser. Make your choice there. Besides, at least this may be updated and fixed sooner then nearly 90% of the Skyrim Default Evils...
Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...

Leatra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4762 on: January 28, 2012, 12:38:46 pm »

they did hillish-volcanic, they did plain-ish, they did mountain-ish. now they'll do desertish (probably khajit homeland?) with pyramids and tombs and mummies and desert brigants and so on.
If I remember right some regions of Hammerfell are desert too. Those scimitar wielding Redguards looked like Arab people IRL. It would be a nice setting.

Cheese

• Bay Watcher
  • 99% Dairy
    • View Profile
« Reply #4763 on: January 28, 2012, 12:53:04 pm »

Is the unlevelled world mod compatible with deadly dragons?

joey4track

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4764 on: January 28, 2012, 02:29:00 pm »

Is the unlevelled world mod compatible with deadly dragons?

Unleveled World is technically not compatible with much as it changes every leveled list but if you load Deadly Dragons after it you should be cool.

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4765 on: January 28, 2012, 02:49:11 pm »

If I remember right some regions of Hammerfell are desert too. Those scimitar wielding Redguards looked like Arab people IRL. It would be a nice setting.

I dunno how well a large open desert would be. Morrowind and skyrim maps work out decently because there are enough hills and mountains and trees in the way to make the landscape seem much larger than it is. They were very well-done tricks used utilizing those elements. I dunno how well the engine handles flat open desert. And we would need more animal riding options optimized for being seen while traversing such areas.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #4766 on: January 28, 2012, 03:51:28 pm »

Hammerfell were done in Daggerfall, though, so if we presume they want to continue showing new lands elsewhere is likely.
Love, scriver~

Virtz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4767 on: January 28, 2012, 08:01:22 pm »

Hammerfell were done in Daggerfall, though, so if we presume they want to continue showing new lands elsewhere is likely.
Wasn't all of Tamriel besides Cyrodil sorta done in Arena?

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #4768 on: January 28, 2012, 08:01:50 pm »

Wasn't all of Tamriel besides Cyrodil sorta done in Arena?

Emphasis on sorta.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #4769 on: January 28, 2012, 08:39:26 pm »

All of and none of it. It's just ON and Skyrim that has taken place in one whole province as well, yet they currently seem to want to at least go to new provinces each game.
Love, scriver~
Pages: 1 ... 316 317 [318] 319 320 ... 896