Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 312 313 [314] 315 316 ... 896

Author Topic: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim  (Read 1603147 times)

nogoodnames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Discussion on TES V: Skyrim
« Reply #4695 on: January 25, 2012, 01:10:02 am »

I think he means having a thread here with links to good mods.

I wholeheartedly support that idea. In fact, given the number of mods available already I think someone should start that thread now. Anyone want to volunteer?
Life is, in a word, volcanoes.
                        - Random human lord

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4696 on: January 25, 2012, 01:17:26 am »

Well, we've had plenty of games before, and I don't believe there were ever many mod threads for some reason.

Plus, unless you constantly bump the thread or have it sticky'd, it's bound to get knocked down into the depths of the forums far before this thread is.

But, if you really want the thread, go ahead, I honestly have no authority on this forum and I have no valid reason to say no.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Rex_Nex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4697 on: January 25, 2012, 01:24:58 am »

Worst case scenario is that toady locks it, which isnt a very bad scenario. Worst comes to worst, I'll just edit the OP with links to mods and stuff.

joey4track

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4698 on: January 25, 2012, 01:32:16 am »

EDIT:: Is that Unleveled World compatible with the most updated version of Skyrim at War???

It's technically not compatible with the newest version but you can load it before or after WiS. If before you will get only unleveled loot lists and certain other npc's and groups will be unleveled. I've noticed that most bosses are unleveled which makes this option pretty cool to the alternative, and that is to put this after WiS in the load order to get all the spawns etc.. but have it all be unleveled. Which is basically a Skyrim of total anarchy. I've seen a Cryromage run down the countryside and murder all who dared crossed his path including groups of guards. It's wicked fun.

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4699 on: January 25, 2012, 02:43:18 am »

Slightly disappoint that I can't use the Modmanager with Unleveled world...
Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...

joey4track

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4700 on: January 25, 2012, 03:25:28 am »

Oh no! Drag and drop. No biggie. It's what happened before mod managers if you can believe. And it's only one esp file so it will be in your plugins tab when you open your mod manager.

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4701 on: January 25, 2012, 08:33:58 am »

Oh no! Drag and drop. No biggie. It's what happened before mod managers if you can believe. And it's only one esp file so it will be in your plugins tab when you open your mod manager.
Was hoping it would be that easy tbh. Was going to actually try and install it after work tonight (Now) but I am asleepy so cbf...
Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...

Leatra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4702 on: January 25, 2012, 01:00:01 pm »

Heh, I never use a mod manager. It's not that difficult. Drag and drop to the Data folder and check the mod from the launcher.

userpay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4703 on: January 25, 2012, 02:51:28 pm »

Heh, I never use a mod manager. It's not that difficult. Drag and drop to the Data folder and check the mod from the launcher.

True its usually not very difficult to install a mod. What most mod managers are useful for however is easy removal of said mods.

Cecilff2

• Bay Watcher
  • PikaaAAAAあああああ
    • View Profile
« Reply #4704 on: January 25, 2012, 04:20:31 pm »

Or if you need to change load orders.
There comes a time when you must take off the soft, furry slippers of a boy and put on the shoes of a man.
Unless of course they don't fit properly and your feet blister up like bubble wrap.
Oh ho ho, but don't try to return the shoes, because they won't take them back once you've worn them.
Especially if that fat pig Tony is at the desk.

joey4track

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4705 on: January 25, 2012, 04:31:50 pm »

The Nexus Mod manager is awesome though because it remembers your overwrite history and backs up the files it writes over which is  godsent.

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4706 on: January 25, 2012, 05:01:59 pm »

Keeping track of what mods you put in can be a pain in the arse, especially when everyone and their mother decides to name their readme file... 'readme'.  But, that might be from the age of Oblivion and Fallout 3...
Its mostly pointed at mods which add extra files and the likes.
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

Leatra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4707 on: January 25, 2012, 07:58:34 pm »

The Nexus Mod manager is awesome though because it remembers your overwrite history and backs up the files it writes over which is  godsent.

Keeping track of what mods you put in can be a pain in the arse, especially when everyone and their mother decides to name their readme file... 'readme'.  But, that might be from the age of Oblivion and Fallout 3...

Oooookay. It's useful then.

kcwong

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4708 on: January 25, 2012, 08:10:36 pm »

Oooookay. It's useful then.

It also checks for updates for you, for the mod manager itself and all mods you downloaded.

By default it does it on start up; if you are not online it will wait for timeout. So I changed it to manual - there's an update button, so it's just one click when I'm online.

Leatra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4709 on: January 25, 2012, 08:46:11 pm »

Alright. I concede defeat and accept the superiority of Nexus Mod Manager. Happy?

It's January 26 and still no CK  :-[
Pages: 1 ... 312 313 [314] 315 316 ... 896