Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 279 280 [281] 282 283 ... 896

Author Topic: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim  (Read 1601756 times)

Theoboldi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Discussion on TES V: Skyrim
« Reply #4200 on: January 02, 2012, 01:02:55 pm »

Well, I managed to do it by using hit-and-run tactics with my bow and abusing the door to the boss room. But really, I have no idea how I would have done this in a straight fight. At least I now have around 40 stealth and lots dwemer stuff to sell.

Samio

• Bay Watcher
  • ˙uǝʌǝ ʇ,uop ı sıɥʇ sı ʇɐɥʍ
    • View Profile
« Reply #4201 on: January 02, 2012, 01:29:37 pm »

Has anybody else figured out how to get that awesome free(!) companion just after you finish the beginning dungeon?
If you talk to the guy (Sven?) who talks to his mother about the dragon, then go through all the dialog eventually you will find a quest to deliver a fake message to a shopkeeper. Do NOT do that.
Instead talk to the elf (Faendal?) and he'll hand YOU a note. Make it so that Faendal gets his note delivered and then talk to him again, and get your reward. Talk to him some more and there should be an option to have him accompany you. He's a beast for the early game and is great for upping your bow skill through training/dungeoneering.

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4202 on: January 02, 2012, 01:35:03 pm »

I prefer getting Sven as a follower.
*Hugs*

ductape

• Bay Watcher
  • MAD BOMBER
    • View Profile
    • Alchemy WebDev
« Reply #4203 on: January 02, 2012, 03:09:39 pm »

So I played a new character, going for a stealth build this time. I do the first few quests for the companions and get sent on a quest to kill some falmers. And then it turns out their leader has a friggin dwarf zenturion as a bodyguard. WUT.

Any ideas on how to do this? I already tried abusing a nearby door together with bow sneak attacks, but the leader heals himself when I lower his health too much.

That room has these two pillars just inside the door in to the room. I ducked behind the right pillar and then woke up the centurion with my bow, then I continued to abuse the pillar and the retarded centurion by keeping the pillar between he and I while he was blasting or when I was drawing my bow, popping out only to release the arrow. Took about a minute.

Also in regards to Sven, I sacrificed cruelly to a daedric god.
I got nothing

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #4204 on: January 02, 2012, 04:23:26 pm »

Has anybody else figured out how to get that awesome free(!) companion just after you finish the beginning dungeon?
If you talk to the guy (Sven?) who talks to his mother about the dragon, then go through all the dialog eventually you will find a quest to deliver a fake message to a shopkeeper. Do NOT do that.
Instead talk to the elf (Faendal?) and he'll hand YOU a note. Make it so that Faendal gets his note delivered and then talk to him again, and get your reward. Talk to him some more and there should be an option to have him accompany you. He's a beast for the early game and is great for upping your bow skill through training/dungeoneering.

You can do that with Sven too.

However, Sven doesn't have free archery training.

bucket

• Bay Watcher
  • i am a bucket.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4205 on: January 02, 2012, 06:30:39 pm »

Well, you can accept a letter from either Sven or Faendal, and you can betray either one. Faendal has the advantage of free archery lessons, and I think his house has better loot in it.

Jacob/Lee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4206 on: January 02, 2012, 07:07:17 pm »

http://youtu.be/UK30LF8lTvg
I'm going to favorite this video.

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4207 on: January 02, 2012, 08:39:36 pm »

Suffocating isn't the death you want for zero-summing, you want something that leaves no body. Maybe suddenly being 10000 degrees would work.
In the Tribunal expansion pack for Morrowind, there were a few places in dwarven ruins where
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #4208 on: January 02, 2012, 08:43:17 pm »

Suffocating isn't the death you want for zero-summing, you want something that leaves no body. Maybe suddenly being 10000 degrees would work.
In the Tribunal expansion pack for Morrowind, there were a few places in dwarven ruins where
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Yeah, but are we sure that the dwemer zero-summed?

Rex_Nex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4209 on: January 03, 2012, 02:24:11 am »

I got Faendel, but I gave him some stuff to hold (including a few swords) and now he just pulls out a sword and goes gung-ho, and he always gets knocked down because of his elfy HP. I guess I should take all those swords back.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #4210 on: January 03, 2012, 05:18:31 am »

So last night I kept dreaming I'm in Skyrim and that I'm trying to play Skyrim on my laptop and can't find a plug for it, but my friend always does, under some rocks :S
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

irbis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4211 on: January 03, 2012, 05:22:43 am »

you know, about this skyrim infesting reality...
In skyrim i always hunt hawks as its the hardest to get alchemy ingredience from them. so i grown a habbit to check the sky from time to time if there arent any hawks flying in range.
like 5 times in last 2 weeks whenever ive seen a bird when walking down the street i first tried to rate the distance and em i able to strike it down. then obviously the "wtflolbbq" moment came when i realised the heck i am doing/thinking.

kcwong

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4212 on: January 03, 2012, 07:08:11 am »

Really?? Shit, I was thinking I wasted 1000 septims. Thanks.

Yup. Also, to get to your horse quickly, just dump all your heavy stuff into a nearby container and fast travel to wherever you are to make your horse magically teleport there too. I'm pretty sure nothing happens to your stuff until the cell resets itself, and (while I can't remember the exact number) that takes a few days.

I mean, you probably already noticed the teleporting horse things, I just wanted to add that you have nothing to fear from dumping all your stuff in a container while you get the horse, as long as you don't go on long sidetracks while you're at it.
I have done two things so far.
1: Took everything from the Helgen Keep start up and dumpped them outside the cave to follow the storyline to the village. Ran back before the next morning to collect them, they were all there.
2: Left all my shit in a Barrel outside the Warmaiden's Shop in Whiterun. Got lost on the otherside of the Country and still had it there when I finally came back...

It seems that the outside (when you save it's named "Skyrim") does not respawn... empty barrels remain empty. While corpses do disappear (or not, in the case of dragon bones), items on the ground seem to remain there forever.

My first character picked up everything getting out of Helgen, and dropped something (ragged clothes, iron mace, etc.) on the ground. Weeks passed in real life while I play Skyrim everyday, and when I go back the items are still there.

Lightning4

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4213 on: January 03, 2012, 08:03:57 am »

Sadly, dragons do disappear. Or at least, they're crazy random about it. I killed one at the fort on the way to Winterhold, and left some bones/scale since my inventory was full up and I already had Lydia carrying another dragon worth. I took what pieces I could.
Ran up to go do some of the College quests, then eventually made my way back to the fort. Skeleton was no longer there.

Though I have the feeling I wont miss the drops much.

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #4214 on: January 03, 2012, 08:44:31 am »

Dragon skeletons used to stay forever.

But a patch fixed that.
Pages: 1 ... 279 280 [281] 282 283 ... 896