Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 261 262 [263] 264 265 ... 896

Author Topic: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim  (Read 1601951 times)

Eagle_eye

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Discussion on TES V: Skyrim
« Reply #3930 on: December 22, 2011, 01:45:00 pm »

I've never had any trouble with dragons, except starting out with a mage character.(It turns out, Khajit are awful mages). My level 35 2H/heavy armor character can kill ancient dragons within ten seconds of landing... and I have no magic, frost or fire resist. Then again, I'm playing expert, not master, so that may be an issue.

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #3931 on: December 22, 2011, 02:04:08 pm »

Well this is somewhat embarassing, but could someone tell me where I'm suppose to find the house I purchased in Whiterun?
It's FEF, not FEOF

Spitfire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3932 on: December 22, 2011, 02:12:09 pm »

Yeah, they don't really point you to it, do they?

It's Breezehome, named after those frighteningly large gaps between the planks, located between the smith and Belethors General Goods Store.
Quote from: Rex_Nex
Wanting boobs is primal, not something sparked by the degradation of humanity.

irbis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3933 on: December 22, 2011, 02:32:08 pm »

Yeah, they don't really point you to it, do they?

It's Breezehome, named after those frighteningly large gaps between the planks, located between the smith and Belethors General Goods Store.
laugh at me all you want but after buying house in Riften ive spent like 30minutes looking for it until i gave up and checked the internet.

ductape

• Bay Watcher
  • MAD BOMBER
    • View Profile
    • Alchemy WebDev
« Reply #3934 on: December 22, 2011, 02:44:04 pm »

actualy i am kind a jelous. i dont remember when a dragon killed me. actualy i think it never happend. bandits, giants, mamoths, falmers on the other hand did that like bazzilion times.
Just wait for an Elder dragon to shoot flame at you ONCE and kill you if you do not drink potions very quickly. Heavy armor don't do shit against lots of fire.

Like my post above, sometime i ignore the elder dragon and just run around and take care of business. sometimes he will blast me but it never kills me and i can just pull out my single perk healing spell and heal-while-running. Its really silly. I think I need to download the mod that makes dragons tougher.

Also, i dont normally like horses but since Shadowmere wont stop following me everywhere I go I guess I got used to him/her. That damn horse is just about invincible, it never goes into the subdued mode like a normal follower. I will often let Shadowmere just take the tank spot and I sit back and kill with my way-too-overpowered archery setup.  With the 100 skill stealth perk you can drop into stealth even in the middle of combat and score criticals.

More perks from dragon souls? ALready too easy with what I got at level 40, I dont thin I want to break the game any more. I guess I want to up it to Master since I have been on Expert the whole time, but every once in a while I run across something thats tough, and it will take like 50 arrows to kill it.
I got nothing

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3935 on: December 22, 2011, 03:13:40 pm »

Doesn't the game give you a compass marker pointing towards your house?
*Hugs*

irbis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3936 on: December 22, 2011, 03:15:52 pm »

hah! i wish!

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3937 on: December 22, 2011, 03:23:12 pm »

I just realized that if you level smithing fast enough on a light armor character, you can skip the light armor perk since the ultimate set of equipment is going to be dragon scale plus daedric weapons. Sure, it sucks until then, but I can't afford to waste perks.

Dragon scale is a waste of a perk.
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #3938 on: December 22, 2011, 03:26:29 pm »

hah! i wish!
Pretty sure it does. There's even a quest that's called "enter your home in xxx"

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3939 on: December 22, 2011, 03:39:32 pm »

I remember getting that quest, but the marker goes away after you find your home.
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3940 on: December 22, 2011, 03:46:02 pm »

I just realized that if you level smithing fast enough on a light armor character, you can skip the light armor perk since the ultimate set of equipment is going to be dragon scale plus daedric weapons. Sure, it sucks until then, but I can't afford to waste perks.

Dragon scale is a waste of a perk.
That's if you're going for heavy armor AND you can get enough Daedra hearts AND you can find enough Ebony.

If you're going for light armor, it's the best kind of armor you can get, and thus not a waste of a perk in my opinion.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3941 on: December 22, 2011, 03:52:54 pm »

You can hit the armor cap with glass armor. Actually, you can hit it with just about any kind of armor, but with glass you should be able to do it without having to abuse alchemy/enchanting, IIRC.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3942 on: December 22, 2011, 04:09:29 pm »

There is an armor cap? ...Oh, apparently there is.

Dammit, so I've been wasting Blacksmith potions all along. :P

That sucks that there's a cap and it's reachable. Anyway, you win the argument, without a doubt.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #3943 on: December 22, 2011, 04:10:21 pm »

Hitting that cap requires you to get perks in other skill trees though so I'd be interested to see what the minimum number of perks are and in what configuration could hit the armor cap.

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3944 on: December 22, 2011, 05:17:17 pm »

I remember getting that quest, but the marker goes away after you find your home.
Once you've found your home once, you shouldn't really need help finding it again.
*Hugs*
Pages: 1 ... 261 262 [263] 264 265 ... 896