Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 248 249 [250] 251 252 ... 896

Author Topic: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim  (Read 1602228 times)

shadenight123

• Bay Watcher
  • Death. To all. Except my dwarves.
    • View Profile
    • My Twitter
Re: Discussion on TES V: Skyrim
« Reply #3735 on: December 15, 2011, 02:19:54 pm »

I can suggest investing in one of those fan holder things to put your notebook on top of...

i should have one somewhere...
got it.
yeah urgh NO.
it's a continuous "VRRR VRRR VRRRRRRR" seems to be something stuck inside, sheesh.
(furthermore from what i could recall it did quite nothing with my old inspiron)
“Well,” he said. “We’re in the Forgotten hunting grounds I take it. Your screams just woke them up early. Congratulations, Lyara.”
“Do something!” she whispered, trying to keep her sight on all of them at once.
Basileus clapped his hands once. The Forgotten took a step forward, attracted by the sound.
“There, I did something. I clapped. I like clapping,” he said. -The Investigator And The Case Of The Missing Brain.

Rakonas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3736 on: December 15, 2011, 02:41:06 pm »

Just have something to hold your laptop at an angle so that the bottom surface isn't all touching the desk.

shadenight123

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Twitter
« Reply #3737 on: December 15, 2011, 03:02:37 pm »

Just have something to hold your laptop at an angle so that the bottom surface isn't all touching the desk.

this seems a sensible solution. *begins mac gyvering*

mac gyvering DONE

final solution:
four wooden blocks (old legos of my grandfather!)
at four sides.
PERFECT.
now i'll have to test run it.
“Well,” he said. “We’re in the Forgotten hunting grounds I take it. Your screams just woke them up early. Congratulations, Lyara.”
Basileus clapped his hands once. The Forgotten took a step forward, attracted by the sound.
“There, I did something. I clapped. I like clapping,” he said. -The Investigator And The Case Of The Missing Brain.

amjh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3738 on: December 15, 2011, 03:09:30 pm »

Based on my experience, most heat problems on laptops are caused by dust and can be easily fixed with compressed air.
The truly amazing thing for me here is that a 6 page thread can be created of exceedingly high quality, simply because a group of manic depressive, schizophrenic midgets were able to milk a cow.
Argblarg 5 am not all tiles are done what the

shadenight123

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Twitter
« Reply #3739 on: December 15, 2011, 03:11:53 pm »

Based on my experience, most heat problems on laptops are caused by dust and can be easily fixed with compressed air.

in my case it could be ant corpses...
(long story)
compressed air of what sort though?
blow on the vents?

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #3740 on: December 15, 2011, 03:19:33 pm »

Blowing seems like a really bad idea. Perhaps making your vacuum cleaner become close friends with your laptop will work?

amjh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3741 on: December 15, 2011, 03:20:08 pm »

Yeah, any compressed air source that's suitable to use on computers, blow in the ventilation holes until dust stops coming out. I used to work in a computer shop for a short time as a part of my education, and there I learned it can lower the temperature more than twenty celsius while making the laptop more silent.
The truly amazing thing for me here is that a 6 page thread can be created of exceedingly high quality, simply because a group of manic depressive, schizophrenic midgets were able to milk a cow.
Argblarg 5 am not all tiles are done what the

shadenight123

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Twitter
« Reply #3742 on: December 15, 2011, 03:24:01 pm »

dunno if it's the recent ati driver, or the new position. but my vent is going awfully silent...
O_O
it's possessed!

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3743 on: December 15, 2011, 03:24:38 pm »

THIS IS FUCKING EPIC!!!!
Hehe, you just got caught up in three quests simultaneously.

Fuck me backwards, three quests at the same time? I MUST INVESTIGATE THIS...
Truth be told, its four quests. The Drinking Game that got me there is a Questline too, gotta fix a staff...
Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3744 on: December 15, 2011, 03:30:34 pm »

dunno if it's the recent ati driver, or the new position. but my vent is going awfully silent...
O_O
it's possessed!
I do hope that it's actually running cooler, and not that the fan isn't running as fast as it's supposed to. What's the temperature of your cards?

Truth be told, its four quests. The Drinking Game that got me there is a Questline too, gotta fix a staff...
...Oh, right, you got another quest as you're cleaning up the temple. So you're right, that's 4.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

shadenight123

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Twitter
« Reply #3745 on: December 15, 2011, 03:33:52 pm »

GPU=60/61
core o core 1=50/52
temp1 27
tempo 2 0c
Hd0 40c
this is what speedfan gives me.

Jay

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼Not Dead Yet☼
    • View Profile
« Reply #3746 on: December 15, 2011, 03:34:50 pm »

Blowing seems like a really bad idea. Perhaps making your vacuum cleaner become close friends with your laptop will work?
Even worse idea, unless you're using a long hose.

Vacuums emit HUGE pulses of electromagnetism, which are VERY VERY bad for hard drives and the like.
Mishimanriz: Histories of Pegasi and Dictionaries

Flying Carcass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3747 on: December 15, 2011, 03:45:51 pm »

I found a similar kid west of Riften, with his mother in a log-cutting camp. He also asked for invisibility.

What is it with the children and their want to be invisible. Seriously.

To be fair, there are benefits to not being seen.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ifmRgQX82O4

BTW, there are more quests in Markarth in the Jarl's keep.

"Drinking buddy" quest line spoilers:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #3748 on: December 15, 2011, 04:00:30 pm »

Yeah he hangs out outside the portal after that.

Also if you go back inside you can never get out again ever.

Leatra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3749 on: December 15, 2011, 04:21:04 pm »

Also if you go back inside you can never get out again ever.
Unless you use the console (PC version)
Pages: 1 ... 248 249 [250] 251 252 ... 896