Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 240 241 [242] 243 244 ... 896

Author Topic: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim  (Read 1601520 times)

irbis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Discussion on TES V: Skyrim
« Reply #3615 on: December 13, 2011, 09:36:47 am »

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3616 on: December 13, 2011, 10:43:32 am »

Invest less in combat skills, don't upgrade health. Difficulty ramps up.

I'm on normal... and still at 100 HP.  At most, I'm in the 40s skill level of any offensive skills and my level is in the... 20s I think, maybe 30s.  I don't remember, havn't logged back in yet.
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #3617 on: December 13, 2011, 10:55:21 am »

Invest less in combat skills, don't upgrade health. Difficulty ramps up.

I'm on normal... and still at 100 HP.  At most, I'm in the 40s skill level of any offensive skills and my level is in the... 20s I think, maybe 30s.  I don't remember, havn't logged back in yet.
So...

Purposefully make bad decisions when leveling so the game is harder? Why not just up the difficulty? If you're saying the game is too easy on Master difficulty then well... I'm impressed.

Meta

• Bay Watcher
  • Aka Maunoir. French Dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #3618 on: December 13, 2011, 11:10:48 am »

My answer to irbis's picture:
Generalized Godwin’s Law: "Every discussion within an online community converges to a zero-information signal characterized by empty assertions concerning the foundational dichotomy of that community."

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #3619 on: December 13, 2011, 11:13:56 am »

Purposefully make bad decisions when leveling so the game is harder? Why not just up the difficulty? If you're saying the game is too easy on Master difficulty then well... I'm impressed.

Did you not play Oblivion? The way to play Oblivion was to pick all the skills you WANTED to use as secondaries, and pick skills you had no interest in as primaries.

Skyrim has shown it requires about the same amount of willfully stupid choices to keep things fun and difficult.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #3620 on: December 13, 2011, 11:16:47 am »

Well I'm sure a mod will come along for you people who have such an easy time on Master level.

Personally I get dead a lot.

irbis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3621 on: December 13, 2011, 11:44:11 am »

NobodyPro

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3622 on: December 13, 2011, 06:19:03 pm »

*Finds Thalmor Inquisitors*
"Ay bitch! You gon worshippipin' Talos!"
*say nothing*
"Then pay with your blood!"
*Shadow flies overhead*
"Nooo! Not now!"

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #3623 on: December 13, 2011, 06:26:33 pm »

I... tend to get crushed quite easily in Master difficulty. I can usually handle most stuff on Expert, aside from the occasional draugr deathlord and such, but all my Master characters had messy ends.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Grakelin

• Bay Watcher
  • Stay thirsty, my friends
    • View Profile
« Reply #3624 on: December 13, 2011, 06:32:29 pm »

Second run through (Main quest ending disappointed me so much with its blandness that I just rerolled. Seriously, why are all the secondary quests so much more exciting and interesting?), didn't deliver the Dragonstone yet, so Dragons don't try to murder me. Having so much fun doing Mage College missions without Dragons trying to eat me.
I am have extensive knowledge of philosophy and a strong morality
Okay, so, today this girl I know-Lauren, just took a sudden dis-interest in talking to me. Is she just on her period or something?

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #3625 on: December 13, 2011, 09:56:51 pm »

Fun fact: You cannot do the imperial line of the civil war quest until you deliver the dragonstone and kill the first dragon.

It will not let you, and instead tells you to go help with the dragon situation.

>:(

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
« Reply #3626 on: December 13, 2011, 10:16:59 pm »

Second run through (Main quest ending disappointed me so much with its blandness that I just rerolled. Seriously, why are all the secondary quests so much more exciting and interesting?), didn't deliver the Dragonstone yet, so Dragons don't try to murder me. Having so much fun doing Mage College missions without Dragons trying to eat me.

Hear hear. I start stockpiling health potions, arming myself for a great battle to end all battles, and what do I get?
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #3627 on: December 13, 2011, 10:43:56 pm »

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3628 on: December 13, 2011, 11:04:02 pm »

I finally found a reason to join the massive hatred of the whole immortal essential character thing: the Mafia Thieves' Guild. After two missions, I already hate them. The people fighting them or indebted to them are sympathetic, the members are asshats, and they don't do any actual thieving. I joined for the fences

(side rant begin!: Okay, so why the hell do merchants have a psychic sense telling them that that necklace was stolen in a town several dozen kilometers away? At most, it should be distance and time-based; the farther you are from where you stole it, and the longer it has been since you stole it, the less likely that the merchant identifies it as stolen and reports you to the guards. But noooo, I have to join the damn guild just to make a single Septim from freelance thievery!)

and for the thrill of the really big jobs. So what happens? I get sent out to frame an innocent merchant, and then to beat up debtors, break valuable artifacts, steal heirlooms, and threaten families, all for the sake of handful of sewer-dwelling scum that don't deserve to be called thieves. Naturally, my response is to return their with their extorted money and conduct an unorganized relocation of their blood to the floor, walls, and in a few cases, ceilings. So I down a few with arrows, cut a throat, and then whip out my swords and start showing them that if you aren't a principled thief or an insane Bosmer with a pair of swords, you are dead. Then, "Oh, that bloke has somehow lived through an arrow to the face and half a dozen sword slashes. So has that one. And that one. And..."

Immersion. Fucking. Broken.

So in short, screw you Bethesda. I don't even want to be able to murder children, just amoral gangsters. IS THAT TOO MUCH TO ASK?

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3629 on: December 13, 2011, 11:19:09 pm »

Woah, calm down man, it's just a game.

But, here, let me quote from the "How did you last die" thread:
Skyrim.

I committed suicide by jumping from a cliff after finding out that I can't murder half of those obnoxious pricks in the so-called Thieves' Guild.

Welcome to the magical world of modding!
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.
Pages: 1 ... 240 241 [242] 243 244 ... 896