Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 234 235 [236] 237 238 ... 896

Author Topic: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim  (Read 1600902 times)

Sordid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Discussion on TES V: Skyrim
« Reply #3525 on: December 11, 2011, 08:17:05 am »

It seems unfair that werewolves get a resist disease 100% with virtually no consequences.

Resist disease is pretty much pointless, isn't it? All it does is save you from having to carry potions of cure disease with you.

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3526 on: December 11, 2011, 08:19:43 am »

Well, you are right. I think there are only about 6 - 8 diseases in this game. Compare that list to morrowind, and you'll find it seriously lacking.

That said, vampires do get the resist disease buff, but they have a ton of penalties to go with it, and their special vampiric ability isn't worth it, aside from roleplaying purposes.
Thank you for all the fish. It was a good run.

Sordid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3527 on: December 11, 2011, 09:10:19 am »

I don't really mind the penalties all that much, or even the fact that you don't get damage resistance as a vampire. For me it's this weird, reverse gameplay mechanic whereby feeding makes you less powerful. What's up with that?

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3528 on: December 11, 2011, 09:14:56 am »

Vampires are capable of using their powers without the game's 9*10^9846792 essential NPCs that they've placed in pretty much every single village, farm and random house becoming hostile. I don't think I've had one run through the countryside as a werewolf where I haven't run into someone I can't kill who'se hostile.
*Hugs*

Crustypeanut

• Bay Watcher
  • Ph.Dwarf & Practitioner of ‼MEDICINE‼
    • View Profile
« Reply #3529 on: December 11, 2011, 09:25:14 am »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lMymsGpzj50&feature=youtu.be

A video of my character in 3rd person, played on Master.  Was quite a large battle.. tons of Forsworn, my group of 4, and a Frost Dragon.

I'm thinking about starting a commentless (I have no mic) Let's Play here once the school semester is over, using a Breton Conjuror who gets into the thick of things with summons and summoned weapons, using light armor.  Played entirely on Master and in 3rd person.  Whatchoo guys think? Should I? :P
Specialsurprise - a Tale of ‼Medicine‼ and ‼Science‼ !

Siquo

• Bay Watcher
  • Procedurally generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #3530 on: December 11, 2011, 09:28:52 am »

Lvl 40. I now eat dragons for breakfast, and I two-shot deathlords.

But... I still haven't seen EVERY cave yet! I also noticed why the game-illusion-breaking things stand out so much. It's because there is actually a really big game illusion to begin with. I get sucked in and AM inside Skyrim. Getting thrown off every time an NPC repeats his previous statement is irritating because there's actually something to throw you off.

I hate/love Skyrim, for the time being.

This one thread is mine. MIIIIINE!!! And it will remain a happy, friendly, encouraging place, whether you lot like it or not. 
will rena,eme sique to sique sxds-- siquo if sucessufil
(cant spel siqou a. every speling looks wroing (hate this))

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3531 on: December 11, 2011, 10:25:25 am »

Bah, bit of an annoying glitch has brought me to a standstill in the quest I was doing. I was having fun, too.
I'm guessing it's a bug caused by my high bounty for killing some people?
Does this mean there's another hold my poor, misunderstood Khajiit has to cross off on his 'safe to visit' list?
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

cerapa

• Bay Watcher
  • It wont bite....unless you are the sun.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3532 on: December 11, 2011, 10:41:05 am »

Bah, bit of an annoying glitch has brought me to a standstill in the quest I was doing. I was having fun, too.
I'm guessing it's a bug caused by my high bounty for killing some people?
Does this mean there's another hold my poor, misunderstood Khajiit has to cross off on his 'safe to visit' list?
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Tick, tick, tick the time goes by,
tick, tick, tick the clock blows up.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3533 on: December 11, 2011, 10:46:23 am »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Does everyone in a city telepathically know when you commit a crime?
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

lordcooper

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a number!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3534 on: December 11, 2011, 10:52:24 am »

Goes to show that there's a bias in both vampirism and lycanthropy, with the bias leaning heavily on the wolves. Why didn't they just remove most of the vampiric debuffs to make it playable? It seems unfair that werewolves get a resist disease 100% with virtually no consequences.

This isn't some MMO that needs perfect balance.  Choose vampire if you want a greater challenge, otherwise don't.
Santorum leaves a bad taste in my mouth

Crustypeanut

• Bay Watcher
  • Ph.Dwarf & Practitioner of ‼MEDICINE‼
    • View Profile
« Reply #3535 on: December 11, 2011, 11:08:10 am »

Actually Werewolves have a vulnerability to Daedric weapons.  Not that any enemies ever USE daedric weapons..
Specialsurprise - a Tale of ‼Medicine‼ and ‼Science‼ !

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3536 on: December 11, 2011, 11:39:31 am »

Would be a minor little downside to being a werewolf if you couldn't use any of the stuff they are weak against.  No silver rings, amulets or swords, no daedric armor or weapons.  The big one would be no daedric stuff.  Because even with light armor, daedric weapons are still pretty much the best stuff you can get.  That way if you choose to be a doggie you are limited to Ebony weapons and dragon armor.
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

Rakonas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3537 on: December 11, 2011, 12:02:53 pm »

Isn't the point of lycanthropy in pretty much every legitimate story in which it exists the whole "Uncontrollable" thing? The only other case where I can think of werewolves able to transform at will and having complete control over it is Twilight.

Buttery_Mess

• Bay Watcher
  • 11x11
    • View Profile
« Reply #3538 on: December 11, 2011, 12:44:32 pm »

Isn't the point of lycanthropy in pretty much every legitimate story in which it exists the whole "Uncontrollable" thing? The only other case where I can think of werewolves able to transform at will and having complete control over it is Twilight.

Werewolf the Apocolypse et al.
But .... It's so small!
It's not the size of the pick that counts... it's the size of the man with the pick.
Quote from: Toady One
Naturally, we'd like to make life miserable for everybody, randomly, but that'll take some doing.

lordcooper

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a number!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3539 on: December 11, 2011, 01:05:07 pm »

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/OurWerewolvesAreDifferent
Santorum leaves a bad taste in my mouth
Pages: 1 ... 234 235 [236] 237 238 ... 896