Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 224 225 [226] 227 228 ... 896

Author Topic: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim  (Read 1599983 times)

jmancube

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Discussion on TES V: Skyrim
« Reply #3375 on: December 08, 2011, 01:15:43 pm »

I was kind of hoping that there would be a quest/reward thingy with all of the dragon claws involved, but I'm pretty sure that there isn't. Although it may be all for the better, the reward would probably be lackluster.

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3376 on: December 08, 2011, 01:22:45 pm »

I was going to collect all the dragon claws, but then I pawned them off took an arrow to the knee.
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

Paul

• Bay Watcher
  • Polite discourse with a dash of insanity.
    • View Profile
    • Need an affordable website? I can help.
« Reply #3377 on: December 08, 2011, 01:36:14 pm »

I was kind of hoping that there would be a quest/reward thingy with all of the dragon claws involved, but I'm pretty sure that there isn't. Although it may be all for the better, the reward would probably be lackluster.

Bring all dragon claws together in the magic dragon claw shrine to unlock... the 20% larger dragon claw, with FOUR symbols on the back! Take this special dragon claw to the secret slightly bigger dragon door ten feet behind the shrine through an obvious secret door that only opens once you pick it up, with FOUR combination thingies that takes all of TEN brain cells to set properly. Beyond you shall find the magic sword of doom that instantly kills anything with low enough hit points to die in one hit! Also, there will be a secret door in the back that leads outside to a mysterious bolted door that nobody ever thought to break into in the thousands of years that the claw shrine was there, to save you backtracking the twenty steps to the way you came in. Spectacular!
Do you like Science Fiction? I'm writing the Weaveborn Saga over on Royal Road and my website. Link

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3378 on: December 08, 2011, 01:39:25 pm »

... My biggest problem with this game: I can't carry ALL the loot.
So many things left behind... it saddens me.  On that note, ALL my level up points go to stamina for the +5 carry weight.  Also, Lydia is great friend, carrying my burdens for me, still not enough though...

Who else has the same problem?
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

shadenight123

• Bay Watcher
  • Death. To all. Except my dwarves.
    • View Profile
    • My Twitter
« Reply #3379 on: December 08, 2011, 01:42:03 pm »

once new update installed.
guess what? yeah! now going UP and DOWN is UBER UBER SLOW.

luckily with skyrim configuration utility, courtesy of a modder, i solved by the setting the Y.axis look at a 20X than the X-axis.
“Well,” he said. “We’re in the Forgotten hunting grounds I take it. Your screams just woke them up early. Congratulations, Lyara.”
“Do something!” she whispered, trying to keep her sight on all of them at once.
Basileus clapped his hands once. The Forgotten took a step forward, attracted by the sound.
“There, I did something. I clapped. I like clapping,” he said. -The Investigator And The Case Of The Missing Brain.

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3380 on: December 08, 2011, 01:42:25 pm »

I find it amusing how they removed the repetitive caves and dungeons they had in Oblivion, and replaced them with repetitive enemies :P
At least in your journey through generic mine #3 you'd fight different enemies than in generic mine #2

That said, some of the dungeons I've been to are just fantastic, although I did mistake the little blue orb of light in Yngol (Ygnol?) barrow for a flit switch when I first saw it :X

@Zangi.
Level up pickpocket, one of its perks gives you 100 extra carry weight.
*Hugs*

cerapa

• Bay Watcher
  • It wont bite....unless you are the sun.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3381 on: December 08, 2011, 01:42:30 pm »

So many things left behind... it saddens me.  On that note, ALL my level up points go to stamina for the +5 carry weight.  Also, Lydia is great friend, carrying my burdens for me, still not enough though...

Wasnt there a perk that gave 100 additional carrying capacity?

Tick, tick, tick the time goes by,
tick, tick, tick the clock blows up.

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3382 on: December 08, 2011, 01:44:18 pm »

Wasnt there a perk that gave 100 additional carrying capacity?

Maybe :P
*Hugs*

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
« Reply #3383 on: December 08, 2011, 02:03:34 pm »

Skyrim Nexus does allow child-killing mods; I downloaded one from there myself. I haven't actually killed any children yet, but it does soothe the annoyance factor of the little brats, knowing that I could murder them if I so chose.

In semi-related news, I am stuck. I am stuck at:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

That's just a loot room, I think. That said, I have been able to pick master locks with only three picks at something like level 50 skill, which is quite easy to get by just unlocking most things you come across.

I have a pure fighter character and he's got more than a hundred picks just collected from bandits. Never takes me more than a pick or two to unlock something.
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3384 on: December 08, 2011, 02:15:51 pm »

I suppose I'll have to do some heavy 'borrowing'.

Its fun one-shotting the sleeping carcasses with sneak attacks... also sucking their souls into petty gems with my cheap 1 second soul trap weapon. 
BAM, you murdered it!  Now there is a purple glow and lightning shooting out.

And yea, lockpicking is pretty easy, considering I managed to pick a master at novice level.  No perks either.  It is also a lot less frustrating/annoying then previous iterations... where I just ended up auto-picking or just not bothering with it at all.
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3385 on: December 08, 2011, 02:27:35 pm »

I'm just glad they went with the FO lockpicking system. Of course, in Oblivion, I would head straight from the beginner dungeon to do the daedra quest for the skeleton key, so lockpicks were a nonissue either way.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3386 on: December 08, 2011, 02:29:22 pm »

Yeah, get skeleton key, mash x/e button. Still better than Morrowind *stab lock with probe, stab lock with lockpick*
*Hugs*

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #3387 on: December 08, 2011, 02:48:47 pm »

No problem. A bit tedious, perhaps, but I'm a hoarder and hates to leave stuff I want behind. Scriver's Standard Looting Procedure:

1. Loot things until inventory is full (no really!)
2. Run back to dungeon entrance, store loot in container closest to the door.
3. Repeat 1 & 2 untill dungeon is cleared.
(4. If you have no horse outside the dungeon, go outside and fast travel to the dungeon you're at to magically teleport your horse there)
5. Go back to container and grab all the loot.
6. Go outside, mount horse.
7. Fast travel to town (because you can do that if mounted), sell off loot.

Or at least that's what I used to do, before I got so much money I only bother to grab the most expensive stuff, besides my ongoing quest to have a full set of every kind of armour, of course. I also used to store the loot in containers throughout the dungeon, as I got overencumbered, but I realised it was faster to just run back to the entrance (unless it's one of the few long dungeons) several times than it was to walk back once after I got encumbered again at the first massed loot container.
Love, scriver~

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #3388 on: December 08, 2011, 04:22:21 pm »

Wait how can you end up keeping the skeleton key? Not finish the nightengale quests?

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
« Reply #3389 on: December 08, 2011, 04:36:55 pm »

Which one is that?
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.
Pages: 1 ... 224 225 [226] 227 228 ... 896