Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 182 183 [184] 185 186 ... 896

Author Topic: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim  (Read 1600392 times)

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Discussion on TES V: Skyrim
« Reply #2745 on: November 26, 2011, 03:10:04 pm »

Was being a werewolf always so "ENTIRELY beneficial" in previous Elder Scroll games?

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2746 on: November 26, 2011, 03:11:00 pm »

Was being a werewolf always so "ENTIRELY beneficial" in previous Elder Scroll games?
You had to kill a human every night.

And if anybody caught you transforming you were marked as unclean forever. Even after being 'cured'.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #2747 on: November 26, 2011, 03:11:36 pm »

There are companions? Can't say I've seen one so far. Unless the orc that wanted to a fight to death for his ''honor'' was one. I had the option to say something like 'Hey, you aren't worthless, you look like a great warrior!'.
I obviously ended conversation, walked away and sneak-killed him. Suicidal Orcs don't deserve to die in combat imo.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2748 on: November 26, 2011, 03:13:09 pm »

Ohh yes I wanted to ask this

What happens to a Soul after it is used for crafting?

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #2749 on: November 26, 2011, 03:13:41 pm »

To a soulgem? It is destroyed when it is used. Same for the souls in it.

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2750 on: November 26, 2011, 03:14:09 pm »

It's bound in the weapon and undergoes eternal torment.
*Hugs*

Raddish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2751 on: November 26, 2011, 03:14:54 pm »

I thinnk something has bugged out, I cant get through the puzzle door in Volunruud, I have the stuff for it but I never found the item at the entrance that started the quest so I am wondering if the dungeon is broken.  Is there a way to reset a dungeon entirely to how it started with the console?

fqllve

• Bay Watcher
  • (grammar) anarcho-communist
    • View Profile
    • ufowitch
« Reply #2752 on: November 26, 2011, 03:19:32 pm »

Also it is 15% and only lasts a short time anyhow. Hense why I said "Essentially" who here honestly goes for the Well Rested bonus?
I do. It stacks with the Guardian stone bonus so you can end up getting a 35% bonus to whatever you're specialized in. It's useful for magic which is slow to level unless you use spells that take like 70% of your magicka.\

Plus sleeping every day keeps questing and traveling more regulated. No just flying from Riften to Markarth then back six or seven times.
You don't use freedom Penguin. First you demand it, then you have it.
No using. That's not what freedom is for.

Mephisto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2753 on: November 26, 2011, 03:22:45 pm »

I'm glad I'm on PC.

Random questgiver #1: "I really hate this one specific Forsworn. Go kill him."
Done.
Random questbook #1: "Go get this guy's sword from one specific Forsworn."
~resurrect
Done
Random questgiver #2: "Go get a briar heart from this one specific Forsworn."
FUUUU

I wonder how many times this poor guy will have his soul wrenched from whatever plane of existence it went to so I can kill it again. I'm feeling a bit like Arthur Dent killing every reincarnation of Agrajag, except the guy keeps coming back into the same body.

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2754 on: November 26, 2011, 03:25:32 pm »

Ohh yes I wanted to ask this

What happens to a Soul after it is used for crafting?

Gets infused with the enchanted equipment. Still conscious and all too.
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #2755 on: November 26, 2011, 03:25:55 pm »

I thinnk something has bugged out, I cant get through the puzzle door in Volunruud, I have the stuff for it but I never found the item at the entrance that started the quest so I am wondering if the dungeon is broken.  Is there a way to reset a dungeon entirely to how it started with the console?
Is that the quest where you need to get three amulet fragments of some long dead mage? (you should read it in the log of a dead mage)

Microcline

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2756 on: November 26, 2011, 03:29:15 pm »

OFF TOPIC

Reinstalled Morrowind and it's expansions, any mods you guys can recommend? Also, no 'Adults' Only' mods, just standard graphical/gameplay/whatever mods.

Knot's guide <http://www.somethingfornobody.com/2011/morrowind-modding-guide/> seems to be the definitive graphic/patch guide, although he doesn't mention much for content/gameplay.  Greater Dwemer Ruins, Tamriel Rebuilt, and LGNPC are good content mods.  If you're playing Telvanni I'd pick up one of the many mods for Uvirith's Grave.  Deus Ex Machina is a good mod but absolutely non-canon.  For gameplay I'd recommend one of the many fixes for cliffracers/wildlife and alchemy, and whichever leveling mod you choose (Galsiah's <http://planetelderscrolls.gamespy.com/View.php?view=mods.Detail&id=2030> or the automatic +5 one <http://tesnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=13384> depending on how much you want to change).

Personally I'm waiting for Sotha Sil Expanded before I go on my next Morrowind binge.

*edit: Rise of House Telvanni is lore breaking and has pretty bad writing.  LGNPC is better for players of all houses, and is a must-have for House Redoran.

Can I ask what the point is, this goes over my head in reasoning so I don't understand the difference of having it and not having it...

His question or my answer? My statement - It is a complicated procedure to remove all the scaling and I doubt it is possible without the CS. You need to replace levelled-lists and templates with static creatures and NPCs.

His question - He wants everything non-player to stay the same level all-throughout the game, so NPCs, items, and creatures will have the same stats and equipment all the time, but would probably be generally arranged as scaled-by-region instead (certain regions having higher level enemies, items, and so on). This, I assume, because it makes the players progression in the game world more noticeable and he would enjoy that more than the current system, where character progression isn't as obvious because as you level up, the rest of the world (or the pats of the world you haven't visited yet in Skyrim's system) levels up with you.

Fixing the level scaling for Skyrim will probably be just as hard, if not harder than Oblivion.  The main problem is that the game just doesn't have enough enemy types for the player to progress.  Because of the low enemy diversity, a player will fight the same enemies at the end of the game that he does at the beginning.  All of the enemy types are introduced at the start, and there's nowhere to go after that.  The player always has to face the same draughr and bandits (although they all gain non-sequitur titles in true JRPG style), and the game scales up their health and damage so that the battle plays out in the exact same way that it did 30 levels ago.  Even the dragons are just palette swaps.  At least Oblivion had the decency change the type of daedra when it scaled.  While I can accept that graphics technology and costly additions such as the finisher system probably drove up the cost of modeling, the fact that you don't see any new creatures really hurts the longevity of the game and makes the level scaling treadmill obvious.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2011, 09:52:09 pm by Microcline »

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #2757 on: November 26, 2011, 03:31:00 pm »

You don't need low level versions of units like Deadra and Felmer in a no level-scaling mod. Players should just be slaughtered by them.

irbis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2758 on: November 26, 2011, 03:34:55 pm »

Just finished (finaly) that Quest for 3 amulet pieces from Magic Collage.

What.
A damn.
Let down.

Seriously.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2759 on: November 26, 2011, 03:37:04 pm »

Look... Has ANY magical weapon of ultimate might in ANY Elder Scrolls EVER been legitimately almighty and powerful?

They tend to be rather lack luster.

"BEHOLD! a weapon forged with the souls of thousands in the pits of corruption. It is said that a single strike of this weapon puts the opponent in a year of intense torment"
Effect: 20 Stamina damage per hit

It is to the extent that during Daedric quests I keep hoping for items that arn't weapons.
Pages: 1 ... 182 183 [184] 185 186 ... 896