Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 164 165 [166] 167 168 ... 896

Author Topic: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim  (Read 1602064 times)

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
Re: Discussion on TES V: Skyrim
« Reply #2475 on: November 23, 2011, 02:32:43 pm »

I know that the new Sprint bit is almost identical to a mod from NV, from the way your vision distorts to the breathing sound effects.
Waaait. You can sprint now? Seriously, why doesn't game tell me useful things like how to sprint at the loading screen, instead of talking about Agronian skins.

Domenique

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2476 on: November 23, 2011, 03:06:38 pm »

I know that the new Sprint bit is almost identical to a mod from NV, from the way your vision distorts to the breathing sound effects.
Waaait. You can sprint now? Seriously, why doesn't game tell me useful things like how to sprint at the loading screen, instead of talking about Agronian skins.

It was written all over the place pre-release. And it's not much, unless you've got lots of stamina and don't have a hoars.

trees

• Bay Watcher
  • [MUNDANE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2477 on: November 23, 2011, 03:25:33 pm »

Yup, hold ALT. I think there's a two-handed perk that allows you to do a power attack while sprinting, too.
I am often bad at phrasing things - don't hesitate to ask for clarification if something I said doesn't make sense.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #2478 on: November 23, 2011, 03:40:44 pm »

Two and one-handed attacks have a sprinting power attack perk.  It automatically crits too.  With a two-handed you can really bonk people with it.

Also, I just got
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

It's okay, and the quest was fun.  Now I'm trying to get Krosis.  Last time I got it okay but when I went to go back home the game crashed so I have to kill him again.
Shoes...

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2479 on: November 23, 2011, 03:56:38 pm »

and the other leader is an amoral Orc

Racist.

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #2480 on: November 23, 2011, 04:06:41 pm »

It was written all over the place pre-release. And it's not much, unless you've got lots of stamina and don't have a hoars.
I never really care about pre-release. Sometimes I really look forward to a game (Terraria) but usually I just forget about it until I stumble upon it here on the internet.

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2481 on: November 23, 2011, 04:13:23 pm »

The game tells you about sprinting during the tutorial as well.
*Hugs*

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #2482 on: November 23, 2011, 04:25:09 pm »

Want to guess how I found out? :P

I'm thinking one of the leaders is a Breton with all these idealistic visions of the guild as an order of gallant warriors who protect the weak and fight wrongdoers, and the other leader is an amoral Orc who just wants to get paid.

Playing to the stereotypes, eh?
Love, scriver~

irbis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2483 on: November 23, 2011, 04:34:52 pm »

You know what I wish you could do... Take over "landmarks" and make them your base. That Tower/Keep to the west of Windrun, filled with Mages and other such things. Looks broken down and shit but there is an Alchemist Lab and Enchanting table surrounded by Cabinets and such. Perfect little get away spot too. Hidden in the snowy peaks...
that would be actualy possible if not for that damn respawn system >.<

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #2484 on: November 23, 2011, 04:55:51 pm »

The game tells you about sprinting during the tutorial as well.
I don't think I paid a lot of attention during the tutorial as I just discovered you could actually choose who to follow while watching a Yogscast YouTube video. And I apparently missed more than just that.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #2485 on: November 23, 2011, 05:00:54 pm »

You know what I wish you could do... Take over "landmarks" and make them your base. That Tower/Keep to the west of Windrun, filled with Mages and other such things. Looks broken down and shit but there is an Alchemist Lab and Enchanting table surrounded by Cabinets and such. Perfect little get away spot too. Hidden in the snowy peaks...
that would be actualy possible if not for that damn respawn system >.<
Which is, of course, infinitely better than the alternative.

Still, I agree, you should be able to claim and live in dungeons.

I don't think I paid a lot of attention during the tutorial as I just discovered you could actually choose who to follow while watching a Yogscast YouTube video. And I apparently missed more than just that.
I discovered that from the quest text displayed at the top. Even though the imperial looked like he was running off to battle, so I'm not entirely certain how that was supposed to work.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2486 on: November 23, 2011, 05:02:33 pm »

Also, What happens to all the bodies in Helgen, I mean, you can go back straight after because there's 4 salt in a barrel on the top floor of the inn and I'll be fucked if i miss that, and the place is abandoned.
*Hugs*

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2487 on: November 23, 2011, 05:17:42 pm »

The dragon was hungry?  I mean after what I understand happened to the dude I would be kinda hungry too.

The kid escaped though obviously, since they are immortal, probably crawled under that one gate and ran off to get raised by wolves or saber cats or something.  I would too, get him to trust you, then once the brat turns 18 he becomes edible.
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

fqllve

• Bay Watcher
  • (grammar) anarcho-communist
    • View Profile
    • ufowitch
« Reply #2488 on: November 23, 2011, 05:18:31 pm »

because there's 4 salt in a barrel on the top floor of the inn and I'll be fucked if i miss that
Oh god I don't know if you were joking but damn if that isn't an accurate description of my playstyle.

Anyway, just wait a few days and it should repopulate with bandits. Then you can make all the corpses you want! There's also a couple of charred corpses by the executioner's block. One is presumably the headsman. The other is, I guess, the only other person to perish in the dragon attack.
You don't use freedom Penguin. First you demand it, then you have it.
No using. That's not what freedom is for.

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2489 on: November 23, 2011, 05:30:30 pm »

Not joking, I totally go back every time, salt is a bitch to find.
*Hugs*
Pages: 1 ... 164 165 [166] 167 168 ... 896