Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 150 151 [152] 153 154 ... 896

Author Topic: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim  (Read 1601744 times)

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Discussion on TES V: Skyrim
« Reply #2265 on: November 22, 2011, 11:48:56 am »

I was forever disapointed when

-stamina-violating a enemy does not make him pass out.
-you always have to kill a enemy, even after they yelled "I YIELD".
-many main-quest (and overall quests) simply focus completly on the "punch it till its dead" as only way to solve it.

SOMETIMES you can get them to surrender. Very few characters let you.

It gets REALLY annoying when you scare someone.

Leatra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2266 on: November 22, 2011, 11:53:11 am »

Appearently bethesda made the entire landmass of tamriel, which you can travel to. Most of it is nearly textureless like morrowind and cyrodil though.

So, appearently there will be morrowind DLC... which I LIKE A WHOLE LOT.

http://ppsh-41.tumblr.com/post/13145143504/entire-tamriel-landmass-built-into-skyrim
Wow, if they really do something like this it would be awesome. No horse armor this time I hope. That was a stupid way to make money even for Bethesda. I'm sick of all the small DLCs.

Werdna

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Overlord
    • View Profile
« Reply #2267 on: November 22, 2011, 12:09:07 pm »

Canis root has a really distinctive look in the wild - sorta like a big twisted, hairy grey root that sprouts out of the ground like a dead bonsai tree.  I usually see it on hill/mountain slopes.  I hadn't discovered the paralyze property on it, I'm excited to have a use for it now.

Question: is an archery-thief with a Bow of Drain Souls:
a) an absolute machine at filling soul gems with one-hit sneak-attack kills, or
b) wasting his time, as he needs multiple shots to first apply the buff, and then 'kill' to obtain the soul in the allotted time?

Part of my problem with enchanting is that its so much hassle to remember to apply a Drain Soul spell on potential victims; that bow would solve that problem.
ProvingGrounds was merely a setback.

Silfurdreki

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2268 on: November 22, 2011, 12:11:03 pm »

The random send-thugs-after-thieves system can be hilarious. Yesterday someone sent some thugs after me, and they were carrying this letter:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I bet the venerable Bandit Highwayman was quite upset after I stole his stuff (and probably murdered him and his friends).
Entropy is not what it used to be.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #2269 on: November 22, 2011, 12:25:44 pm »

sorry, i know, i am repeating myself but...

which drives me insane is that in ALL the houses ive seen so far(via own expirience and internet) have no frakking conteiners near the alchemy/enchanting stations.
The very first house available to you in whiterun has an alchemy pouch SITTING ON the alchemy station. It is a container. Use it.

And there's a chest on the bookcase, what, three steps away?
sure. now tell where do you go from there when you want enchant stuff

The Castle

been doing that for last 3 days. and its actualy fine... as long as someone else is doing the running back and forth.
actualy shame there isnt a quest that the player can get the court wizard job. most of the times their room are damn well equiped.
You can fast travel to the castle. You literally walk out the door and then fast travel and walk in another door and turn right. Are you really that lazy?

I mean once the modding kits come out I guess you could just stack all of the crafting objects on top of each other like some demented crafting tower so you never have to move more than 2 steps, with a tower of chests nearby. Personally I don't spend that much time enchanting so the occasional visit to dragon's reach or the mage college is good enough.

Gabeux

• Bay Watcher
  • Addicted to building stuff.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2270 on: November 22, 2011, 12:34:01 pm »

This game is lots of fun. In Oblivion my Khajit had a weird/dumb build which made the game quite difficult for me.
Now I made a Nord Mage just to show the world how MAGICAL THIS LAND IS. Nah really, I just wanted to make a Mage since Oblivion, but never had the patience..

Using Muffle and Sneak + Runes = Fun Trolling.

-- BTW, am I doing it wrong, or the game is a 'bit slow' to level up? I guess I should use more money in training.
Also, spending perks on Smithing / Enchanting is as awesome as it seems? I always wanted to make enchantments in Oblivion, but once again, never wanted to spend time on it.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2011, 12:41:26 pm by Gabeux »
It honestly feels like a lot of their problems came from the fact that their entire team was composed of cats, and the people who were supposed to be herding them were also cats.

Domenique

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2271 on: November 22, 2011, 12:42:11 pm »

wow. they DID say their dlc wouldn't be as small as "horse armor".
and they DID say there was a chance to go back in other places...
they took the idea of morroblivion.
SO...
if hopes are high...
from arena to oblivion masses of lands will be placed as dlcs!
*starts rising hopes*

You're thinking about how you'll propose to a girl you haven't even asked out yet.

shadenight123

• Bay Watcher
  • Death. To all. Except my dwarves.
    • View Profile
    • My Twitter
« Reply #2272 on: November 22, 2011, 12:53:55 pm »

wow. they DID say their dlc wouldn't be as small as "horse armor".
and they DID say there was a chance to go back in other places...
they took the idea of morroblivion.
SO...
if hopes are high...
from arena to oblivion masses of lands will be placed as dlcs!
*starts rising hopes*

You're thinking about how you'll propose to a girl you haven't even asked out yet.

a man can dream.
and at the very least...MODDERS WILL RISE!.
someone won't let this bite of "mod which adds tamriels and morrowind in skyrim" go to waste.
“Well,” he said. “We’re in the Forgotten hunting grounds I take it. Your screams just woke them up early. Congratulations, Lyara.”
“Do something!” she whispered, trying to keep her sight on all of them at once.
Basileus clapped his hands once. The Forgotten took a step forward, attracted by the sound.
“There, I did something. I clapped. I like clapping,” he said. -The Investigator And The Case Of The Missing Brain.

irbis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2273 on: November 22, 2011, 12:59:55 pm »

sorry, i know, i am repeating myself but...

which drives me insane is that in ALL the houses ive seen so far(via own expirience and internet) have no frakking conteiners near the alchemy/enchanting stations.
The very first house available to you in whiterun has an alchemy pouch SITTING ON the alchemy station. It is a container. Use it.

And there's a chest on the bookcase, what, three steps away?
sure. now tell where do you go from there when you want enchant stuff

The Castle

been doing that for last 3 days. and its actualy fine... as long as someone else is doing the running back and forth.
actualy shame there isnt a quest that the player can get the court wizard job. most of the times their room are damn well equiped.
You can fast travel to the castle. You literally walk out the door and then fast travel and walk in another door and turn right. Are you really that lazy?

I mean once the modding kits come out I guess you could just stack all of the crafting objects on top of each other like some demented crafting tower so you never have to move more than 2 steps, with a tower of chests nearby. Personally I don't spend that much time enchanting so the occasional visit to dragon's reach or the mage college is good enough.
okey now imagine in real life that your toilet is placed like 400 meters away from you house.
run Forrest, run.
you have a very bad habbit of being always opposite to anything people says. drop that. you arent helping. just making yourself look like a wiseguy.
the solution you suggest is being used by me - as i said - from 3 days. and i am tired of it. its needless and anoying. what on earth makes you think you will - i dont know - change my mind?
either contribute or glue your jaws togather. your agressive expresions needlessly heats the thread.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #2274 on: November 22, 2011, 01:05:10 pm »

Eh, I didn't mean anything personal by it. Not sure why you took it that way... I was just pointing out that the fast travel to the castle isn't much slower than walking to another room in the house.

Also, the proudmore manor in solitude has several barrels near the alchemy and enchanting tables iirc.

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #2275 on: November 22, 2011, 01:25:03 pm »

The only enchanting table I know of is in near the Dwemer ruins in some city. So every time I really need to enchant I fast travel to every city until I finally remember it is the south west one and than I need to find the keep and the table.
So far this has ony happened once as I usually happen to find an enchanting table somewhere in a dungeon when I want to enchant. (AKA: I just enchant the hack of my gear whenever the game gives me the opportunity)

Also, if there will be a Morrowind DLC I might actually buy this game. Buccaneering sounds a lot cooler than buying though :(

Azkanan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2276 on: November 22, 2011, 01:54:49 pm »

Enchanting Table > Dragonsreach > Wizard Knob's Quarters.
A pool of Dwarven Ale.
WHO IS RESPONSIBLE FOR THIS ?

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #2277 on: November 22, 2011, 02:20:11 pm »

Stop getting your hopes up guys.  It's a heightmap, it's not terrain, you can't walk on it, it's only nominally textured.  Bethesda made a heightmap for most of the continent a long time ago and when they make a game they just detail the area they're going to be working on.

That doesn't mean we won't see mods containing other parts of the world though.  There's no reason to believe there's going to be a massive Morrowind dlc though, and even if there were it wouldn't be anything like TES3.  Morrowind's basically gone.  Vivec disappeared, the Ministry of Truth fell and destroyed Vivec City, Red Mountain erupted, the Argonians invaded, there's a reason Hadvar says "The gods really have forsaken your people" if you're a Dunmer.
Shoes...

Domenique

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2278 on: November 22, 2011, 02:23:10 pm »

Stop getting your hopes up guys.  It's a heightmap, it's not terrain, you can't walk on it, it's only nominally textured.  Bethesda made a heightmap for most of the continent a long time ago and when they make a game they just detail the area they're going to be working on.

That doesn't mean we won't see mods containing other parts of the world though.  There's no reason to believe there's going to be a massive Morrowind dlc though, and even if there were it wouldn't be anything like TES3.  Morrowind's basically gone.  Vivec disappeared, the Ministry of Truth fell and destroyed Vivec City, Red Mountain erupted, the Argonians invaded, there's a reason Hadvar says "The gods really have forsaken your people" if you're a Dunmer.

Actually, you've just given reason why Morrowind would be managable to make as an Expansion Pack, since the more gets trashed the less the devs gotta do.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #2279 on: November 22, 2011, 02:27:53 pm »

Oblivion had heightmaps of much of the world too and nothing came of it.  It's possible, the gate from Skyrim to Morrowind seems to suggest it, but I wouldn't start planning your Morrowind adventures just yet.
Shoes...
Pages: 1 ... 150 151 [152] 153 154 ... 896