Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 109 110 [111] 112 113 ... 896

Author Topic: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim  (Read 1600892 times)

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
Re: Discussion on TES V: Skyrim
« Reply #1650 on: November 18, 2011, 02:08:27 pm »

Well, the shade of grey moralities isn't unwelcome, as you said. I'm enjoying it, but being a quest hog myself, it would seem that I'm stuck at an impasse if I don't complete any of those quests that make me feel like a jerk.

Random question: Do dragons keep respawning after the main game quests?
Thank you for all the fish. It was a good run.

Domenique

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1651 on: November 18, 2011, 02:13:44 pm »

Well, the shade of grey moralities isn't unwelcome, as you said. I'm enjoying it, but being a quest hog myself, it would seem that I'm stuck at an impasse if I don't complete any of those quests that make me feel like a jerk.

Random question: Do dragons keep respawning after the main game quests?

They do.

cerapa

• Bay Watcher
  • It wont bite....unless you are the sun.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1652 on: November 18, 2011, 02:14:39 pm »

So much for being an honest Merchant - why isn't there a decent economic system yet? Why can't I trade Wool in Riverwood for Lumber in Winterhelm, and such? D;
I presume cause fast travel.

Tick, tick, tick the time goes by,
tick, tick, tick the clock blows up.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #1653 on: November 18, 2011, 02:18:25 pm »

Bethesda would have to care more about overall game balance to begin with....before there would be any point to arranging a real economic trading system.

Also, fast travel. I'm surprised they've totally shied away from events while fast-traveling. I would have a lot less problems with it if those were in place.

I'm a fan of grey morality, but on the other hand I'm glad there's plenty to do without getting drawn in to those conflicts. A karma bar would kill it for me though. It's kind of refreshing to do stuff in Skyrim and know that a morality tracker isn't sitting over my shoulder watching me. It'd be nice if the world was slightly more aware of the way I spent my time (beyond looking at my skill totals.) But lately I've come to dislike good/evil bars in most games because they rarely account for other, reasonable interpretations.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2011, 02:21:49 pm by nenjin »
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #1654 on: November 18, 2011, 02:19:31 pm »

So much for being an honest Merchant - why isn't there a decent economic system yet? Why can't I trade Wool in Riverwood for Lumber in Winterhelm, and such? D;
I presume cause fast travel.
Wut?

We have economic trading in games with hyperspace travel between stars and planets, why not in a game with fast travel between cities? They could just add in a simplistic routing or caravan system and the possibility of bandits or something pulling you out of fast travel as you walk the road.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1655 on: November 18, 2011, 02:25:09 pm »

It still amounts to fast-traveling between cities in a first person perspective game. Now, if they stuck you on a cart with all your goods and made your ride the wagon along the roads between cities.....that might make it worth the effort. But there's so many ways to make money in TES games because half of the items are there for the taking......yeah. Trading thrives on resource scarcity and resources aren't scarce in TES games except according to the level scaling.

It seems like something that would be easily doable for modders though. I want to see an economic mod where merchants actually evaluate their own stock before deciding to buy any old shit the player brings them.
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #1656 on: November 18, 2011, 02:33:37 pm »

I just want to be able to salvage items for materials.

Rip some leather straps out of that imperial armor and melt those swords down for some steel.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1657 on: November 18, 2011, 02:35:59 pm »

Ulfric Stormcloak might be a bit of a jerk, but all of the Imperial soldiers are jerks. All of 'em.
That reminds me, one of my characters is supposed to be joining the rebellion... The Imperial-born guy who's escaped from Cyrodiil and has a deep hatred of the Imperial army. :D
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Peewee

• Bay Watcher
  • Watcher Of Bays
    • View Profile
« Reply #1658 on: November 18, 2011, 02:43:21 pm »

"What, did someone steal your sweet roll?"

I've been carrying around a sweet roll since I heard that.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1659 on: November 18, 2011, 02:44:20 pm »

It's funny that sweetrolls are one of the more effective, magically-healing foodstuffs available. :P
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1660 on: November 18, 2011, 02:45:36 pm »

"What, did someone steal your sweet roll?"

I've been carrying around a sweet roll since I heard that.

Well now that you've got your sweetroll you should GET TO THE CHOPPAH! NAOW, DOO EET NAOW!

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #1661 on: November 18, 2011, 02:48:28 pm »

I kinda like how the guards will randomly recognize other achievements you've attained too.

Like once you reach a certain level in a magic school. Someone told me how noble the restoration school is, and how well I am doing while I was just walking by without any spells readied.

Also someone else freaked me out...

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

cerapa

• Bay Watcher
  • It wont bite....unless you are the sun.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1662 on: November 18, 2011, 02:49:01 pm »

Question on black souls and the rest.

Which are better/easier to come by? I remember black souls being as good as the best souls in Oblivion, but in skyrim? And I presume its easier to come across bandits than animals who have good souls.

Why I ask: Azuras Star choice. And why do the friggin dudes in it have to be immune to fire?!

Tick, tick, tick the time goes by,
tick, tick, tick the clock blows up.

Azkanan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1663 on: November 18, 2011, 02:51:25 pm »

I was beginning to wonder why everybody was all like "Keep your hands to yourself, thief!" when I'd never been caught... Then a guard later said, "I can tell you're a thief, because I'd recognise that thieves guild armour anywhere - you're not fooling anyone!" or some such...

Durrp.

Also, won't be playing Skyrim till they fix these crashes. I'm currently in Markarath, with the entire city after me, after I stole some goodies. If I hand myself in, I lose most of my inventory (Stolen Goods <3). So I have no choice but to fight my way out... with minimum everything and no potions. My Mana, HP and Stamina are all low, and I need to run the length of the city.

I actually made it, after the 20th attempt or so, only for the game to crash when I hit Quicksave. Fml.
A pool of Dwarven Ale.
WHO IS RESPONSIBLE FOR THIS ?

Peewee

• Bay Watcher
  • Watcher Of Bays
    • View Profile
« Reply #1664 on: November 18, 2011, 02:53:09 pm »

The frequent crashing seems to be new to the latest patch. I crash every hour or two now, compared to once a day previously.
Pages: 1 ... 109 110 [111] 112 113 ... 896