Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 91 92 [93] 94 95 ... 896

Author Topic: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim  (Read 1601731 times)

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
Re: Discussion on TES V: Skyrim
« Reply #1380 on: November 16, 2011, 05:08:00 pm »

Hmm.. would it be possible to create a mod that allowed better control over dragged objects? You know, the age old "I wish I could place these god damned books on the table" problem. I'm pretty sure that in Oblivion you could drag objects from specific ends, wherever you initially picked it up from. On the PC version of Skyrim it seems to always center your hold on a set point, which is frustrating. Any solutions? It's not that big of a deal obviously, but I do think that there are a handful of us who like to decorate their own little homes wherever they may be.

The items flying everywhere thing is very annoying as well. I JUST WANT TO FILL A KETTLE TO THE BRIM WITH SOUL GEMS.
You are not alone.

Jay

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼Not Dead Yet☼
    • View Profile
« Reply #1381 on: November 16, 2011, 05:20:32 pm »

Then walking back I see his corpse drop out of the sky again.  This time directly on top of the carriage guy in front of the city.
*pic*
Bjorlam the wagon guy: Just another day in Skyrim.
Wait, what?  Why haven't you done the "dance" with him?
Mishimanriz: Histories of Pegasi and Dictionaries

Mephisto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1382 on: November 16, 2011, 05:24:59 pm »

... The items flying everywhere thing is very annoying as well. ...

Random tangent: Show of hands, who has accidentally let loose an Unrelenting Force while trying to nudge objects out of the way? I was in the Bard's College library looking for books I hadn't seen before. I saw that one was hidden under another book and I couldn't mouse over it, so I thought I would drag the top book a bit. Cue me hitting 'z' rather than 'e'. You have to hold down the key to move things so rather than a paltry Fus, I let loose the full Fus Ro Dah.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #1383 on: November 16, 2011, 05:26:53 pm »

... The items flying everywhere thing is very annoying as well. ...

Random tangent: Show of hands, who has accidentally let loose an Unrelenting Force while trying to nudge objects out of the way? I was in the Bard's College library looking for books I hadn't seen before. I saw that one was hidden under another book and I couldn't mouse over it, so I thought I would drag the top book a bit. Cue me hitting 'z' rather than 'e'. You have to hold down the key to move things so rather than a paltry Fus, I let loose the full Fus Ro Dah.
-sheepishly raises hand-

Happened in the whiterun Jarl's hall... its why they hate me forever and don't even offer me a prison stay or bounty payment when I show up.

Smitehappy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1384 on: November 16, 2011, 06:06:29 pm »

I need some help with the "A Cornered Rat" quest if anyone is willing to lend a hand.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Interestingly, Armok's name actually originates from arm_ok, a variable in one of Toady's earlier games that kept track of how many of your arms weren't missing.

Owlga

• Bay Watcher
  • Turbo times two
    • View Profile
« Reply #1385 on: November 16, 2011, 06:29:06 pm »

I guess add me to the giants are wimps club. Level seven too, not as impressive as Rozy's level three kill but still.
Quote from: Cupaketan
if u cant taek a cake, dont do a bake, in a kitchen
so u hav2 leve it ok bc its 2 hot 4u
Owlga is the chillest anime girl ever.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1386 on: November 16, 2011, 06:34:35 pm »

I know I have spent soooo long in Fallout3 trying to maneouver my assorted weapons and junk onto various tables and such in my house... :P

And yes, I was feeling a bit disheartened by the whole 'Questgiver NPCs are unkillable no matter how remote the chance that I ever decide to complete this shitty questline' problem, so shelved my main character (you know, the one I was writing journal entries of in the lovely book that came with the game) and made a new, completely different one.
How completely different? New race, (Breton) new focus, (Magic/Speech) and new gender- Female. I'm such a nerd. :P
I made her just about as ugly as possible (not very) to be less creepy, though, and it's interesting to see the various different dialogue options/outfits female characters can get. Magic is starting to grow on my bloodthirsty warrior heart, too! :)
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1387 on: November 16, 2011, 07:19:12 pm »

Damn, my first quest-breaking bug and it's on a main quest. In the "Diplomatic Immunity", everything works fine until I tell Delphine that I'm ready to leave with the carriage. At that point the game freezes as in many other "cutscenes" (ie. You can look around and use esc menu, but you cannot move, use inventory, shouts, weapons etc.) but after that, nothing happens. Still haven't found solution to that one *sigh*

I had that happen to me after I exited from an enchanting table, and saving and loading (and saving and exiting and restarting the game and loading) didn't fix it.
Oddly, pressing w released me. I don't think I even have w bound to anything (I moved forward/back to s/x).

(I was lucky with my remapping. My changes weren't so drastic as to break everything, even though I moved e to c, and inventory to v. Not sure if I moved anything else. Show favorites menu is Q.)
« Last Edit: November 16, 2011, 07:22:01 pm by Shadowlord »
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #1388 on: November 16, 2011, 08:03:06 pm »

I also had issues in that quest.  Mine wasn't a bug though, a dragon showed up right after I talked to Delphine but I'd already given all my gear to Malbor so I had no way of fighting it back.  I turned into a spoiler to try to fight it but that gave me a 100 gold bounty and it ended up killing me.
Shoes...

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #1389 on: November 16, 2011, 08:04:50 pm »

Hm, odd bug on a quest im doing. Your suppose to report back to the quest giver, who is now dead but the only problem is it doesn't seem to recognize that your actually there seeing the dead quest giver.
Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Your drunk posts continue to baffle me.
Welcome to Reality.

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1390 on: November 16, 2011, 09:25:18 pm »

The items flying everywhere thing is very annoying as well. I JUST WANT TO FILL A KETTLE TO THE BRIM WITH SOUL GEMS.
I tried to fill a basket with coins..... The coins passed through the bottom of the basket and into the Floorboards... T_T
Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #1391 on: November 16, 2011, 09:29:22 pm »

So I think I may have been a little harsh on alchemy before. I'm starting to enjoy it quite a bit, and being helped along by things like Krosis and alchemy enhancing magic items, my brews are starting to get good.

I just brewed a 9 second paralysis poison that also deals some 10 to 15 points of direct poison damage, using Imp Stool, Canis Root and Skeever Tail. 9 seconds of paralysis is about 4 seconds longer than I need to kill most things. And I've only got a 35ish alchemy skill (with perks up to poisoner.)

Now to go test it on some giants and watch them fall like they've been poleaxed.

I tried to fill a basket with coins..... The coins passed through the bottom of the basket and into the Floorboards... T_T

Putting dynamic physics objects inside dynamic physics objects is a recipe for disappointment (or hilarity.) It's like trying to put a tiny ball bearing on top of a giant ball bearing when they both have the same mass :P

Some objects are just poorly built too. Circlets don't seem to want to stay put. I tried laying my alchemy circlet out on the alchemy bench, and every time I came back into the house it was on the floor in the exact same spot. Also my gem pile seems to shift around at random. Pretty sure I'm going to come in one day and find it exploded, with gems stuck in every corner of the house.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2011, 09:34:22 pm by nenjin »
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

trees

• Bay Watcher
  • [MUNDANE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1392 on: November 16, 2011, 09:36:37 pm »

Picked up the game a while ago, really enjoying hacking apart everything with my pair of home-forged war axes on my orc. I've ran in to a rather nasty bug, though, and if anyone has any idea how to fix it, I'd appreciate some help.

Overall, I'm enjoying this game a lot. It has its flaws (interface, ugh!) but the world is a lot of fun and dragon slaying is suitably intense.
I am often bad at phrasing things - don't hesitate to ask for clarification if something I said doesn't make sense.

Pnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1393 on: November 16, 2011, 09:46:43 pm »

I just completed the main storyline, and I think I'm done. I did the companions quest line and I don't really feel like getting involved in the war since those guys are all jerks.

Also, the game kinda feels a bit broke now that I've got that full set of enchanted daedric armour.

Plus there's only so much hitting stuff with an axe I can take.

The game is a solid B+ though. The dungeons are a lot less repetitive than in oblivion, and the story/game world is actually pretty interesting. I love the morally grey rebel vs empire war, although the evil elves lurking over to one side rubbing their hands with glee kinda ruins the effect a little. I mean, it's pretty damn obvious that it's all part of their Machiavellian scheme.

The one major gripe I have with the game (apart from the voice acting, which is something I'm willing to forgive since I don't think I could say many of these lines with a straight face anyway) is the levelling mechanics. They can make the game rather irritating.
It makes the difficulty of the game feel incredibly artificial, and it also tends to screw you over if you spent a lot of time levelling up alchemy and speechcraft. It's really very irritating, and the fact that you have to use your training allotment when you are given it is also pretty annoying, especially considering how expensive it is, and how little money you have to start with.

Incidentally, this, is excellent boss music for fighting Alduin.

FluffyToast J

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1394 on: November 16, 2011, 09:46:58 pm »

@Trees
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Pages: 1 ... 91 92 [93] 94 95 ... 896