Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 896

Author Topic: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim  (Read 1598883 times)

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
Re: Discussion on TES V: Skyrim
« Reply #375 on: November 06, 2011, 12:17:52 pm »

Actually I think it'll unlock at 00:00 of whatever timezone it is where Bethesda is located. I'm guessing it'll be around 02:00 for me.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Dakorma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #376 on: November 06, 2011, 01:06:13 pm »

It'll unlock at 00:00 PST, because that's where steams servers are located.

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #377 on: November 06, 2011, 02:02:33 pm »

I pre-ordered DX:HR on Steam, and it downloaded before release, but didn't automatically unlock overnight when I left Steam open. I had to manually tell it to unlock - and then it failed to do so and it took me several hours to figure out why - it was due to a recent (at the time) Avast update causing Avast to interfere with Steam and make Steam generate an error code instead of unlocking or patching any games). I was able to work around it by disabling Avast temporarily (exclusions didn't work). It took Avast several weeks to get around to fixing the problem (and that's not including the time before DXHR's release, when it was even preventing some people from playing L4D2 somehow unless Avast was disabled or uninstalled entirely - that having been reported and there being a multi-page thread on Avast's forum about it by the time I ran into the unlocking/patching breaking issue).

This time I pre-ordered from Gamestop (and traded in wii games for it). I'll be in town that day already.
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

Azkanan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #378 on: November 07, 2011, 12:29:33 pm »

I'm going to be playing this on Livestream on 11/11/11's morning, BST / GMT+0, if anybody can't afford / can't unlock yet.

By morning, I mean, once Game delivers it. I'll be pretty pissed if it's not on time.
A pool of Dwarven Ale.
WHO IS RESPONSIBLE FOR THIS ?

shadenight123

• Bay Watcher
  • Death. To all. Except my dwarves.
    • View Profile
    • My Twitter
« Reply #379 on: November 07, 2011, 12:37:41 pm »

I'm going to be playing this on Livestream on 11/11/11's morning, BST / GMT+0, if anybody can't afford / can't unlock yet.

By morning, I mean, once Game delivers it. I'll be pretty pissed if it's not on time.

you think somebody will be there? XD
i'll be screaming "DOVAHKIIIIIINNNNN"
you'll hear it, no matter what country you are in.
“Well,” he said. “We’re in the Forgotten hunting grounds I take it. Your screams just woke them up early. Congratulations, Lyara.”
“Do something!” she whispered, trying to keep her sight on all of them at once.
Basileus clapped his hands once. The Forgotten took a step forward, attracted by the sound.
“There, I did something. I clapped. I like clapping,” he said. -The Investigator And The Case Of The Missing Brain.

Comp112

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #380 on: November 07, 2011, 12:51:06 pm »

Me and my nephew have been yelling that for awhile. As well as DRAGOOOOOOOOOONBOOOOOOOOOORN

timferius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #381 on: November 07, 2011, 01:13:02 pm »

I will be talking quietly, at work, until 4:30 that day. Yay?

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #382 on: November 07, 2011, 02:09:30 pm »

I'll only be able to play it at around 14:00 (-3 GMT, but consider it -2 since "summer time" is in effect) since class only ends at 12:50
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

DeKaFu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #383 on: November 07, 2011, 02:37:00 pm »

I'm avoiding details, but am I right in my impression that werewolves are confirmed to be in now?

If so: yesssssssss

I promised myself since the release date was announced that I wouldn't play it until December so it won't interfere with school. Oh well... At least by then there should be plenty of info built up and maybe even a bugfix.

I mean, I waited like 5 years for new Elder Scrolls werewolves. Another month will be nothing...

timferius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #384 on: November 07, 2011, 02:50:58 pm »

All I've seen are a few blurry screenshots, haven't read nor heard anything else about werewolves.

Viken

• Bay Watcher
  • "Fight, or Die. Easy."
    • View Profile
« Reply #385 on: November 07, 2011, 03:14:15 pm »

From some of the leaked footage I have seen, both Vampirism and Lycanthropy are in Skyrim. What more is there to say?   :-X
"It takes being a nerd to be a dorf, and I'm more than happy to compensate."

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #386 on: November 07, 2011, 03:16:18 pm »

From some of the leaked footage I have seen, both Vampirism and Lycanthropy are in Skyrim. What more is there to say?   :-X

Do they function properly? Oblivion's Vampirism functioned HORRIBLY! (Or so I hear)

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #387 on: November 07, 2011, 03:17:55 pm »

Whaaat? It worked far better than Morrowind's.
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

Dakk

• Bay Watcher
  • BLARAGLGLGL!
    • View Profile
« Reply #388 on: November 07, 2011, 03:23:49 pm »

Yea, Oblivion's vampirism worked pretty nicely, at least compared to morrowind's. In morrowind vampirism locked you out of a fair bit of the game, while you could bypass that limitation with some effort in oblivion.

Also, didn't they say lychantropy wasn't going to show up in skyrim? I mean werewolves exist as mobs but I'm pretty sure I read somewhere that you won't be able to turn into one.
Code: [Select]
    ︠     ︡
 ノ          ﺍ
ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)  ┻━┻

Table flipping, singed style.

Viken

• Bay Watcher
  • "Fight, or Die. Easy."
    • View Profile
"It takes being a nerd to be a dorf, and I'm more than happy to compensate."
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 896