Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 663 664 [665] 666 667 ... 896

Author Topic: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim  (Read 1602484 times)

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
« Reply #9960 on: January 08, 2014, 01:30:08 am »

Alteration spellsword is fun. I like not wearing armour. It's like running around in underwear!
Yeah except you have to reapply your armor every ten seconds to not die.

Also, I recently started a playthrough with the intent of using Immortal Mode to make a Headless Horseman, because apparently there is a permanent decapitation bug associated with that cheat. Did that get fixed or something? Because I got the "you die" animations like 5000 times (due to spawning in Windhelm dungeon and escaping. The ENTIRE Stormcloak army tried to kill me. If I could do more then stand there and get instagibbed over and over it woulda been the most epic fight ever.) and I STILL didn't get decapped.
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #9961 on: January 08, 2014, 02:34:40 am »

Mmm... I think it requires the enemy have access to the standing power attacking decapitation perk. Or at the very least they need to standing power attack you because that's how you trigger the decapitation in vanilla.

I haven't decapitated anything in Skyrim in ages as many of the mods mess with skeletons and models and such.

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
« Reply #9962 on: January 08, 2014, 03:38:47 am »

Personally, I never encountered that bug.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #9963 on: January 08, 2014, 04:08:32 am »

Alteration spellsword is fun. I like not wearing armour. It's like running around in underwear!
I'm pretty sure at least one of the magic overhaul mods changed the magic armor spells so that they were toggled rather than cast with a time limit, but keeping them on would keep your magicka drained to a certain point in accordance with the cost of casting the spell. Actually a pretty good way to handle it, IMO.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #9964 on: January 08, 2014, 04:10:08 am »

I'm pretty sure at least one of the magic overhaul mods changed the magic armor spells so that they were toggled rather than cast with a time limit, but keeping them on would keep your magicka drained to a certain point in accordance with the cost of casting the spell. Actually a pretty good way to handle it, IMO.
Oh, so like sustained abilities from typical RPGs?
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #9965 on: January 08, 2014, 04:12:26 am »

Oh, so like sustained abilities from typical RPGs?
Pretty much. Bethesda's magic in vanilla Skyrim was retarded in so many ways, but that was one of the most obvious, especially because you can't even really game it much like you can in Morrowind and Oblivion. Heh, I remember running around cycling four high-level featherweight spells in Oblivion to let me carry some absurd weight of crap.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #9966 on: January 08, 2014, 04:21:56 am »

I remember scrounging colossal amounts of gold and high-level souls in Morrowind to finance enchantments that made me more or less immortal. Gotta love all the different pieces we had back then to enchant. Had slowfall, health restore and a few others. I could stand stock still - during the day as a vampire - in a pool of lava while in combat with multiple magic-hurling opponents and not lose health. Those were great days.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #9967 on: January 08, 2014, 04:45:01 am »

Anywhere I can get Morrowind and Oblivion? I wanna game the magic system all of the sudden.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9968 on: January 08, 2014, 04:49:07 am »

Anywhere I can get Morrowind and Oblivion? I wanna game the magic system all of the sudden.
Well, Steam, for one. I bet you can get Morrowind GOTY for cheaper than $20 somewhere else if you look around though. Maybe if you have a Half Price Books or similar store.
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

Ibid Straydrink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9969 on: January 08, 2014, 05:03:14 am »

If procuring Morrowind and the expansions, make sure they are all the same CD type. Running the game with different CD variations was known to cause serious problems, as I recall.

Unfortunately, I can't remember what they two types were called...
“I am the spirit that negates. And rightly so, for all that comes to be. Deserves to perish wretchedly; 'Twere better nothing would begin."

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #9970 on: January 08, 2014, 05:06:07 am »

Guys, what's the ethics of illegally acquiring a computer version of Morrowind to play modded when I already own an old Xbox version that I unfortunately cannot mod?

Ibid Straydrink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9971 on: January 08, 2014, 05:16:46 am »

The same as if you bought the wrong light bulb for that lamp on your desk, then upon learning that the store did not accept returns on such items as a matter of rightful policy, decided to steal the right one.

Or, "don't get caught" if that's what you wanted to hear.
“I am the spirit that negates. And rightly so, for all that comes to be. Deserves to perish wretchedly; 'Twere better nothing would begin."

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #9972 on: January 08, 2014, 05:17:24 am »

Sweeeeeeeeeeet.

Eotyrannus

• Bay Watcher
  • Here to throw dinosaurs at people
    • View Profile
« Reply #9973 on: January 08, 2014, 11:27:04 am »

I got vanilla Skyrim on PC, since I found it was quite cheap. Could anyone recommend a set of mods that would enhance the core game? I quite like it how it is, but it needs stuff like a bit more variety and better-scaling magic.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #9974 on: January 08, 2014, 11:34:06 am »

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.
Pages: 1 ... 663 664 [665] 666 667 ... 896