Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 612 613 [614] 615 616 ... 896

Author Topic: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim  (Read 1604212 times)

Mech#4

• Bay Watcher
  • (ಠ_ృ) Like a sir.
    • View Profile
Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
« Reply #9195 on: August 13, 2013, 12:25:21 am »

Was it Sabregirl's werewolf mod?

Possibly, it had a whole system for transforming into different tiers of werewolf depending on whether Secunda, Massar or both were full. It was neat and all but since it took so long to occur between cycles, eh.

One mod I'd like for Oblivion and/or Skyrim is one that adds a bunch of unique items around the world without instructions on how to find them. I really enjoyed going to out-of-the-way places in Morrowind and finding things like boots of levitation or a powerful amulet.
Kaypy:Adamantine in a poorly defended fortress is the royal equivalent of an unclaimed sock on a battlefield.

Here's a thread listing Let's Players found on the internet. Feel free to add.
List of Notable Mods. Feel free to add.

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9196 on: August 13, 2013, 12:27:03 am »

* Gamerlord whacks Reudh in the head.

Does it really matter?

Yes. It's kind of a derail :P

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #9197 on: August 13, 2013, 12:28:30 am »

ninja'd by Reudh

It'd be an easy mod to make. No dungeons, just rewarding trying to get to places that look like you shouldn't be able to, instead of the whole "invisible walls" things Bethesda has become so fond of now. I once made an "artifact scavenger hunt" mod for Morrowind, with neat stuff hidden in places like on top of one of the Vivec cantons, or underneath that little footbridge leading out of Seyda Neen.
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9198 on: August 13, 2013, 01:36:36 am »

The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind thread (hasn't been posted in for four years, but hey! It prevents this one being derailed.)

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #9199 on: August 13, 2013, 06:59:48 am »

I was also getting tired of the generic Elder Scrolls talk but didn't care enough to say so. At least generic lore talk is somewhat related, but talk of other games specifically belong in those threads.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #9200 on: August 13, 2013, 07:54:41 am »

One thing that bugs me horribly in Skyrim is how they STILL didn't get the chatter right. Sure, it's MUCH better than Oblivion's, but then again, so is complete silence. Couldn't they tie together the daily activities thing with some dialogue lines? It would be far from perfect, but at least feel a bit more natural than the repeated 'What?', 'What can I do for you' and stuff like that.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #9201 on: August 13, 2013, 08:10:03 am »

Maybe we should just turn this into a thread for all Elder Scrolls talk? It seems better than necro-ing a thread that has been dead for years. Most talk is about Skyrim anyway. (also the last Morrowind thread was locked after a fight, and I do not doubt it would happen again or turn into a circlejerk thread)
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9202 on: August 13, 2013, 08:11:21 am »

Maybe we should just turn this into a thread for all Elder Scrolls talk? It seems better than necro-ing a thread that has been dead for years. Most talk is about Skyrim anyway. (also the last Morrowind thread was locked after a fight, and I do not doubt it would happen again or turn into a circlejerk thread)

That one I linked is not locked.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #9203 on: August 13, 2013, 12:55:22 pm »

The one before that, he meant.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #9204 on: August 16, 2013, 04:34:46 am »

okay I was going to post this in the WTF thread but it's far more appropriate here

People still believe that "CHIM is pausing and saving and console commands" bull. It really ing bothers me that that mythology myth gets thrown around so often, especially since there's no indication that any Elder Scrolls player characters have ever achieved CHIM (except maybe the Nerevarine, but only after Morrowind). It not only cheapens CHIM itself (a very interesting and beautiful concept--a literal interpretation of "knowledge is power"), but also the rest of the lore. No, it's not realizing you're in a goddamn video game. No, neither you nor Michael "fat" Kirkbride are the godhead. The godhead is the thing before AE, before concepts. It has no relevance unless it wakes up, at which point its relevance is meaningless anyway.

In fact, going on about CHIM like it's some sort of sooper-meta thing is cheapening the plots of both Morrowind and Oblivion. CHIM is realizing that all are part of the dream of the godhead, that you are, too, and yet you are. Dagoth Ur found out about something like that, but he was a bit off. He thought that all ought to be his dream. CHIM is I ARE ALL WE. Dagoth Ur thought I ARE ALL ME.
Mankar Cameron was a bit more sane (unedited first-draft Michael Kirkbride dialogue where he gets all the daedric realms wrong notwithstanding), but he still had this idea about all of Aurbis being shaped in his vision.

Now, here's the thing: both of them were on to something. Amaranth is becoming your own dreamer, becoming independent of the uncaring, irrelevant godhead.  This is the ultimate goal of AE, of existence, of all mortals, the purpose of creation of Mundus, Lorkhan's great idea. This is scratching the surface. The lore is beautiful. But, hey, people who are way into the games and not way into the lore (but may fancy themselves into the lore anyway), you'll see plenty of "Vivec knows he's in a game and has the construction set!" and other such things.

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9205 on: August 16, 2013, 05:37:13 am »

We should all upload pictures of our characters, I think.

da_nang

• Bay Watcher
  • Argonian Overlord
    • View Profile
« Reply #9206 on: August 16, 2013, 08:25:32 am »

We should all upload pictures of our characters, I think.
* da_nang rattles albums.

Spoiler: An-Tei (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Xeevai and Shadow (click to show/hide)

They're retired for now. However, all three are making a comeback for the current character.

Ash spawns, your days are numbered.
"Deliver yesterday, code today, think tomorrow."
Ceterum censeo Unionem Europaeam esse delendam.
Future supplanter of humanity.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #9207 on: August 16, 2013, 11:39:52 am »

So, since I don't use pose mods or fancy graphics packs, I'll just upload this.

Spoiler: Arisa (click to show/hide)

That's a venerable old character there, the first I made on PC, who has survived more than a dozen modlist shakeups without being corrupted.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

da_nang

• Bay Watcher
  • Argonian Overlord
    • View Profile
« Reply #9208 on: August 16, 2013, 11:59:28 am »

That dragon sure is interested in that sword.

Spoiler: Meanwhile... (click to show/hide)
"Deliver yesterday, code today, think tomorrow."
Ceterum censeo Unionem Europaeam esse delendam.
Future supplanter of humanity.

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #9209 on: August 16, 2013, 12:07:36 pm »

Haven't played Skyrim in ages, but I've had this one saved up for a while

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
It's FEF, not FEOF
Pages: 1 ... 612 613 [614] 615 616 ... 896