Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 493 494 [495] 496 497 ... 896

Author Topic: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim  (Read 1597765 times)

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
« Reply #7410 on: November 05, 2012, 02:17:13 pm »

Wasn't the first dragonborn Saint Alesia since it was her covenant with Akatosh that pretty much created the concept and started the tradition of dragonborn emperors?
Not necessarily. She may have become dragonborn by said covenant, but her line died out quite quickly. Anyone that wore the amulet of kings was dragonborn, such as Reman, Tiber Septim and Mankar Camoran. All it means is that to keep the covenant the emperor had to be a dragonborn, nothing else.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #7411 on: November 05, 2012, 02:24:37 pm »

Peyrite is a dragon.  If Talos is a dragon than any of his childrens are, but if he no the first than they wouldn't...

The snake people are reptiles.  Any dragons on that funkified continent?
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7412 on: November 05, 2012, 02:31:02 pm »

Peyrite is a dragon.  If Talos is a dragon than any of his childrens are, but if he no the first than they wouldn't...

You mean Akavir? There is supposed to be a tiger-man that became a dragon there, but that's it.

Peryite is a daedra that looks like a dragon. If Molag Bal, Azura, or any other prince wanted to look like a dragon they also could.
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

ISP

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7413 on: November 05, 2012, 02:40:33 pm »

Wow you guys took that first dragonborn literally? I thaught it was just someone whos been called dragonborn after the oblivion crysis and before the MC dragonborn.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7414 on: November 05, 2012, 02:44:01 pm »

Ill be pissed if they are snowballing this.  The riding a dragon thing makes me queasy enough.

"Hey guys, you know what would Skyrim betteR?"
---"No, What?  Hunger, Thirst? Graphics?  Temperature?  Armor fixes?  Enchantement redux or alchemy nerf?  What?"
"More fruckin draugr.  And Dragons.  More dragons"
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

da_nang

• Bay Watcher
  • Argonian Overlord
    • View Profile
« Reply #7415 on: November 05, 2012, 02:45:58 pm »

You mean Akavir? There is supposed to be a tiger-man that became a dragon there, but that's it.

Peryite is a daedra that looks like a dragon. If Molag Bal, Azura, or any other prince wanted to look like a dragon they also could.
Ah yes, Tosh Raka, the tiger-striped dragon of the Ka Po'Tun. Sucks that the Tsaesci hunted all the dragons to extinction, though.

Wasn't the first dragonborn mentioned in the tablets leading to High Hrontgar?
It's cannon, and you should be able to find a name there.
Actually, that's about the first Nords to learn the Voice, who weren't necessarily the first Dragonborn.
"Deliver yesterday, code today, think tomorrow."
Ceterum censeo Unionem Europaeam esse delendam.
Future supplanter of humanity.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7416 on: November 05, 2012, 02:50:33 pm »

Wow you guys took that first dragonborn literally? I thaught it was just someone whos been called dragonborn after the oblivion crysis and before the MC dragonborn.
As is quite clear in the trailer, the first dragonborn is seen devouring the soul of three dragons. He also used to be a dragon priest, which means he is very old indeed.

guale

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7417 on: November 05, 2012, 02:53:52 pm »

Being dragon born technically has nothing to do with ancestry. They don't literally have a dragon ancestor, they have the sole of a dragon given to them by Akatosh. So on, Peryite has not sired any dragonborn, nor has anything from Akavir.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7418 on: November 05, 2012, 02:57:24 pm »

So a dragon priest goes heretic and kills a few dragons on his way out before he's sealed away?

Why did they not just kill him?
PKs DF Mod!

da_nang

• Bay Watcher
  • Argonian Overlord
    • View Profile
« Reply #7419 on: November 05, 2012, 03:09:39 pm »

So a dragon priest goes heretic and kills a few dragons on his way out before he's sealed away?

Why did they not just kill him?
Obviously, the Underking still lives in Maryland.
"Deliver yesterday, code today, think tomorrow."
Ceterum censeo Unionem Europaeam esse delendam.
Future supplanter of humanity.

MorleyDev

• Bay Watcher
  • "It is not enough for it to just work."
    • View Profile
    • MorleyDev
« Reply #7420 on: November 05, 2012, 03:38:11 pm »

It's pretty well established that at that point in time the Dragons were arrogant sons of bitches. What's more appealing? Killing the first mortal to challenge you, or breaking them? Leaving them alone in the dark for all eternity, with their Dragon Nature whispering in their ear how they could of claimed the world for themselves, all the power they could wield? And knowing they let it slip through their fingers forever...

It's been established power is the nature of the Dovah. It's why the Dragonborn had the strength of will to unite Tamriel, why when they all but died out Tamriel fell apart at the seams, and why you become leader of just about every guild imaginable, hunt and steal the souls of dragons and amass enough strength and power to dismantle the very gods. It is the nature of the Dovah. And to deny a Dovah of power is the ultimate punishment.

:D
« Last Edit: November 05, 2012, 03:41:16 pm by MorleyDev »

The Darkling Wolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Arf!
    • View Profile
    • Cataclysm - Dark Days Ahead
« Reply #7421 on: November 05, 2012, 03:46:10 pm »

Nerd!
My cabbages!
[Thunderfury, Blessed Blade of the Windseeker]

I am fat, eating is my great joy.

MorleyDev

• Bay Watcher
  • "It is not enough for it to just work."
    • View Profile
    • MorleyDev
« Reply #7422 on: November 05, 2012, 04:06:12 pm »

Damn right =P

Though maybe I'm just projecting themes I like onto the game. Lust for power as an inherent instinct as opposed to a 'fault of their upbringing', insanity brought about by an eternity with only your thoughts...

ISP

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7423 on: November 05, 2012, 04:26:56 pm »

Going to have to play the damn dlc to solve this godless damn riddle of who the fuck is this other fucken dragonborn.

Vorthon

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% more pointless rambling!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7424 on: November 05, 2012, 04:33:21 pm »

I want the DLC (Well, all of them, really) because MOAR CONTENT. And since I'm a console gamer, the only way to get MOAR CONTENT is DLC. No mods for me. T_T
Pages: 1 ... 493 494 [495] 496 497 ... 896