Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 480 481 [482] 483 484 ... 896

Author Topic: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim  (Read 1598451 times)

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
« Reply #7215 on: October 26, 2012, 08:06:30 am »

reduces FPS loss
Somethig about these words puzzle me.. but what?

ISP

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7216 on: October 26, 2012, 12:40:38 pm »

That they are nonsense in the context.

Increasing your storage space does not a faster game make or even 'reduce FPS loss', because that in and of itself is just a plain silly combination of words.

You cannot, connect reduce with FPS loss, it goes ageinst !!SCIENCE!! as well as dwarven logic and reason.

The Darkling Wolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Arf!
    • View Profile
    • Cataclysm - Dark Days Ahead
« Reply #7217 on: October 26, 2012, 12:56:22 pm »

Claiming that you can't reduce the amount of FPS lost due to using an external program goes against ‼Science‼, logic, and reason.
My cabbages!
[Thunderfury, Blessed Blade of the Windseeker]

I am fat, eating is my great joy.

ISP

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7218 on: October 26, 2012, 01:12:03 pm »

Infidels popping up all over the place!

For real though your not going to get any FPS gain from having a bigger harddrive, unless it has faster read write speed, but not alot.

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #7219 on: October 26, 2012, 03:43:12 pm »

i think he means saving his recordings into a different drive than his game.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #7220 on: October 26, 2012, 06:02:36 pm »

I liked how some things could kill dragons en masse (like athe whole city watch or a bunch of giants)  but hated deadly dragons because it made them too strong on the higher difficulties.  Does anybody know the 'correct
 ratio I could set to make them strong and hard, but not immpossible to kill?  Its bullship to thnk only the dragonborne can kill them, but stupid an ice wraith or troll does so well againt one, esp if its ice.

Also something that bugged me was they were just revived, how are they so sure of themselves?
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

ISP

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7221 on: October 26, 2012, 09:37:27 pm »

I really would like my dragons to behave differently based on if I'm handing them in mele or ranged or spells, and change to try and avoid my stronger attack potential, giving them more health is like giving a bandit more heath, if I can find a way to quickly kill then consistantly I'm going to do just that, but although I think dragons shouldnt be able to be killed by anyone but the dragonborn, I dont think they shouldnt get their asses handed to them by something that can't legitimately do it to a smarter dragon but after they lose should run away and despawn or not flop down and die forever, but only be permenently killed by the dragonborn absorbing their soul (like in the lore) which could be triggered by making the dragonborn actually have to do some damage or have the killing blow (maybe get down in a crawl for like essential npcs do for dragons that gets knocked off by a player damage conditional).

Dont need deadier dragons, need smarter lore friendly dragons, because if your truely having to use skills you dont normally or use your skills better to have any chance, I think that qualifies as a grand challenge.

I'm not sure anyone has done dragons well enough yet, mostly because I dread having to grind through dragonfights, also dragons on the ground are complete idiots, you stand there slicing at its side while all it does is slightly wound you with its wing or something, epic dragon fight, it actually moves around more then its head, moves its body, and is generally more like awsome dragon fights... instead of fighting a flying cow or something.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #7222 on: October 26, 2012, 10:06:19 pm »

I don't think controls and AI are dynamic enough in games yet to make a fight with a dragon like it truly should be.  The closest I expect to see anytime soon is when Toady implements some of the features he's talked about with large multi-tile creatures.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

ISP

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7223 on: October 27, 2012, 01:56:51 am »

I would play a game with just a dynamic dragon fight, no rp, no weapon selection, or even knowing what my character looks like, just fight that dragon all day.

alexandertnt

• Bay Watcher
  • (map 'list (lambda (post) (+ post awesome)) posts)
    • View Profile
« Reply #7224 on: October 27, 2012, 04:36:08 am »

For real though your not going to get any FPS gain from having a bigger harddrive, unless it has faster read write speed, but not alot.

I think MorleyDev means that by recording to a hard drive other then that which Skyrim is installed on, the hard drive does not have to alternate between reading/writing for skyrim and writing for the video (since as the video and Skyrim data would exist at different locations on the disk, the physical hard drive head would have to be constantly changing it's location, making it inefficient).
This is when I imagine the hilarity which may happen if certain things are glichy. Such as targeting your own body parts to eat.

You eat your own head
YOU HAVE BEEN STRUCK DOWN!

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #7225 on: October 27, 2012, 05:31:03 am »

I think MorleyDev means that by recording to a hard drive other then that which Skyrim is installed on, the hard drive does not have to alternate between reading/writing for skyrim and writing for the video (since as the video and Skyrim data would exist at different locations on the disk, the physical hard drive head would have to be constantly changing it's location, making it inefficient).
This is pretty much what i read.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

MorleyDev

• Bay Watcher
  • "It is not enough for it to just work."
    • View Profile
    • MorleyDev
« Reply #7226 on: October 27, 2012, 07:43:58 am »

This is pretty much what i read.

And is what I meant :) Sorry if I didn't convey that clear enough ^^
« Last Edit: October 27, 2012, 07:50:55 am by MorleyDev »

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7227 on: October 27, 2012, 08:51:03 am »

I don't think controls and AI are dynamic enough in games yet to make a fight with a dragon like it truly should be.  The closest I expect to see anytime soon is when Toady implements some of the features he's talked about with large multi-tile creatures.
Shadow of the Colossus.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #7228 on: October 27, 2012, 09:06:07 am »

Alright guys, i'm falling out of this modding boat you guys are sailing on, but i have not completed skyrim yet, and i would like to. I would like to start over too. Any tips on character creation and skill focus?

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Vattic

• Bay Watcher
  • bibo ergo sum
    • View Profile
« Reply #7229 on: October 27, 2012, 10:57:38 am »

Shadow of the Colossus.
I really loved that game, it's not been a year since I first played it even, but I'm not sure how well it would translate into first person dragon fighting (I know Skyrim can be played 3rd person). Each boss in CotC has a set routine which ultimately would get just as boring as the current dragon fights. The monster hunter games seem to do a good job of fighting giant monsters but again it's third person and from what I've seen each monster has a set series of routines (only even seen others play it).
6 out of 7 dwarves aren't Happy.
How To Generate Small Islands
Pages: 1 ... 480 481 [482] 483 484 ... 896