Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 478 479 [480] 481 482 ... 896

Author Topic: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim  (Read 1598513 times)

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
« Reply #7185 on: October 25, 2012, 12:47:55 pm »

So I finally got everything installed.  I left a few mods out of the process, because they seemed more trouble than they were worth as I was working.  Everything seems to be working great so far.  I've played until Riverwood.  The visuals are good.  I think I need to tone them down just a little bit.  Apachii hair looks really silly on a couple of the NPCs.  The biggest issue I've found so far is eating isn't working right in IMCN.  No eating dialogue pops up, and the mod doesn't recognize when I eat something.  I used BOSS to determine my load order.  I probably need to adjust it a bit.

Here's everything I'm currently using, in no order yet.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: October 25, 2012, 12:49:26 pm by SalmonGod »
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #7186 on: October 25, 2012, 01:01:45 pm »

Does dynamic timescales make you crash?  The one in imps makes mine crash upon enter/exit exterior world...
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #7187 on: October 25, 2012, 01:03:27 pm »

Does dynamic timescales make you crash?  The one in imps makes mine crash upon enter/exit exterior world...

I didn't realize that IMCN has its own dynamic timescale adjuster, so I have a separate stand-alone one.  No crashes or anything yet.  I do seem to be getting hungry a bit unreasonably fast, so it needs adjusting, I think.
We dance for the idiots
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7188 on: October 25, 2012, 01:11:45 pm »

20 is probly on by default.  I set the dynamic to between 5-9 and the fixed to pure 8.
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #7189 on: October 25, 2012, 01:31:57 pm »

I didn't realize that IMCN has its own dynamic timescale adjuster, so I have a separate stand-alone one.  No crashes or anything yet.  I do seem to be getting hungry a bit unreasonably fast, so it needs adjusting, I think.
Keep in mind that it will say you are 'peckish' the instant you go below 0% on hunger. You still have hours before feeling any effect from 'hunger' or any kind of malus.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #7190 on: October 25, 2012, 01:54:12 pm »

Played with the load orders a bit and scaled back anti-aliasing and now I'm seeing no problems.  My FPS is really smooth.  I'm not sure Frostfall is working, though.  I'm about to head into Whiterun, where the game will really begin and I'll know for sure, but I won't get around to that until late tonight after work.

So here's my load order for now.  I'll only type up the last half of the list, where I think it matters.  The first half is all the graphics and equipment stuff, and I load the Unofficial Patch right after the main game file.  If you guys want me to post that too, I will.

We dance for the idiots
In the land of twilight

TwilightWalker

• Bay Watcher
  • Oops.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7191 on: October 25, 2012, 02:01:00 pm »

Played with the load orders a bit and scaled back anti-aliasing and now I'm seeing no problems.  My FPS is really smooth.  I'm not sure Frostfall is working, though.  I'm about to head into Whiterun, where the game will really begin and I'll know for sure, but I won't get around to that until late tonight after work.

So here's my load order for now.  I'll only type up the last half of the list, where I think it matters.  The first half is all the graphics and equipment stuff, and I load the Unofficial Patch right after the main game file.  If you guys want me to post that too, I will.

Did you activate Frostfall? Last I remember, you had to read a book found at most inns to get it to start working. Keep you from dying before you head out to the wild and all.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7192 on: October 25, 2012, 02:05:24 pm »

Yessir, and even then you have to read it twice to customize it.
PKs DF Mod!

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #7193 on: October 25, 2012, 02:22:13 pm »

That would explain it.  That must be a new thing.
We dance for the idiots
In the land of twilight

feralferret

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7194 on: October 25, 2012, 02:49:29 pm »

So has anyone seen this yet? It's pure rumor, but it sounds like the next DLC may take place in Morrowind. :D Possibly just certain closed locations, but who knows? I'm just happy to see that a Telvanni tower is one of the locations... I miss living in a giant mushroom...

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #7195 on: October 25, 2012, 02:53:35 pm »

Holy shit Warzones...

Level 1 newbie wandering around the road from Whiterun to Windhelm, you know the one that winds up and around? Suddenly mages.

Mages everywhere.

There were 13 mages.

I don't know what faction they were, but they were hostile...

13 mages suddenly launching fire/frost bolts and lightning everywhere, all directed at me.

wth?

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #7196 on: October 25, 2012, 02:56:39 pm »

Holy shit Warzones...

Level 1 newbie wandering around the road from Whiterun to Windhelm, you know the one that winds up and around? Suddenly mages.

Mages everywhere.

There were 13 mages.

I don't know what faction they were, but they were hostile...

13 mages suddenly launching fire/frost bolts and lightning everywhere, all directed at me.

wth?
IMPERIAL! KILL THE ELF LOVER!

Vorthon

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% more pointless rambling!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7197 on: October 25, 2012, 03:20:03 pm »

EDIT: Derp, never mind.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2012, 03:23:07 pm by Vorthon »

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #7198 on: October 25, 2012, 03:23:26 pm »

Also SkyRe has an unarmed perk line

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #7199 on: October 25, 2012, 03:56:48 pm »

Did another half hour.  About to run back to Riverwood, pick up a frostfall book, and then head up to Bleak Falls Barrow.  I'm loving the whole set up so far.  Maybe I'll make a video.
We dance for the idiots
In the land of twilight

Pages: 1 ... 478 479 [480] 481 482 ... 896