Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 474 475 [476] 477 478 ... 896

Author Topic: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim  (Read 1598715 times)

ISP

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
« Reply #7125 on: October 17, 2012, 05:35:42 am »

Trust me if there isnt someone will mod it.

Speaking of who here mods skyrim?

alexandertnt

• Bay Watcher
  • (map 'list (lambda (post) (+ post awesome)) posts)
    • View Profile
« Reply #7126 on: October 17, 2012, 06:20:13 am »

I wrote some scripts on a friends copy (since I don't own the game, only partial access). I had one pretty neat one that would swap out the skeleton's mesh with a more broken one as it took damage.
This is when I imagine the hilarity which may happen if certain things are glichy. Such as targeting your own body parts to eat.

You eat your own head
YOU HAVE BEEN STRUCK DOWN!

da_nang

• Bay Watcher
  • Argonian Overlord
    • View Profile
« Reply #7127 on: October 17, 2012, 11:36:27 am »

They had better not be yanking my chain with the Telvanni. They were one of my favorite factions of Morrowind because it was just a bunch of bored senile old wizards. It's as close to kooky Daedric quests without involving any daedra(Most of the time) as you can get.
Aren't the Telvanni pretty much dead, anyways? The Great Houses were sort of demolished during and after the Red Year, IIRC.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I've made some small, personal mods before, yes.
"Deliver yesterday, code today, think tomorrow."
Ceterum censeo Unionem Europaeam esse delendam.
Future supplanter of humanity.

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7128 on: October 17, 2012, 11:46:06 am »

They had better not be yanking my chain with the Telvanni. They were one of my favorite factions of Morrowind because it was just a bunch of bored senile old wizards. It's as close to kooky Daedric quests without involving any daedra(Most of the time) as you can get.
Aren't the Telvanni pretty much dead, anyways? The Great Houses were sort of demolished during and after the Red Year, IIRC.

The Dragonborn in my game has made it his mission to bring back the interests of bored senile old wizards, starting with restarting the Telvanni. Who is going to deny him admission?
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7129 on: October 17, 2012, 12:37:45 pm »

The Dragonborn in my game has made it his mission to bring back the interests of bored senile old wizards, starting with restarting the Telvanni. Who is going to deny him admission?
Brand-shei will make you summon a flame atronach first.
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

feralferret

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7130 on: October 17, 2012, 03:39:55 pm »

I mod Skyrim... this is my house mod.

It's dwemer so I guess that's sort of like the elven version of being dwarfy... alas, no magma though. It's about 90% complete, doing pretty well on the Nexus so far. Modding is a lot of fun... I have a lengthy adventure mod in the works at the moment.

Alkhemia

• Bay Watcher
  • aka Deep Sea Diver Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #7131 on: October 17, 2012, 03:43:06 pm »

It's dwemer so I guess that's sort of like the elven version of being dwarfy... alas, no magma though. It's about 90% complete, doing pretty well on the Nexus so far. Modding is a lot of fun... I have a lengthy adventure mod in the works at the moment.
wow looks pretty sexy
"Hiken: Tsubame-Gaeshi" -Sasaki Kojirou (Grand Order}

"Please touch me. Without lying, wherever you want to touch. That is my wish." - Kiyohime (Grand Order)

"Tyranny, violation, genocide. Those are the things that I detest above all else." - Amakusa Shirou Tokisada (Grand Order)

NobodyPro

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7132 on: October 17, 2012, 06:09:14 pm »

Great. Now I want to play this again and I have exams in two weeks.

Why does that dwemer look like a genestealer hybrid?

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #7133 on: October 17, 2012, 06:19:56 pm »

I've seen so many house mods with minibars and swimming pools. Doesn't do much for me, might as well make my own.

Why does that dwemer look like a genestealer hybrid?
At least it doesn't look like this *Shudders*
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7134 on: October 17, 2012, 06:24:53 pm »

They are pretty much elves with Mesopotamian beards.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

ISP

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7135 on: October 17, 2012, 08:16:41 pm »

If you discount the pointy ears (i mean real lore dwarves come from elves anyways) dwemer ideologie is suprisingly cold and meticulus with a lot of dark power hunger, they build traps literally everywhere and live in the dark underworld, they literally slowly enslaved the snowelves and forced them to eat mushrooms to make them blind and servile, had racial telepathy and even divised a way to make a divine being.

All the false lore about them being nice or in any way moral is bullshit, they are our kind of dwarves.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #7136 on: October 18, 2012, 05:23:32 am »

So I've finally found a mod which addresses a serious immersion issue for me, and does it in an acceptable way.

The issue? Smacking an ore deposit a few times makes it 'run out' of ore. You can clear an entire mine in about 5 minutes and you're done. Sure it might respawn in 30 ingame days when the cell resets, but who wants to wait 30 days? It is unrealistic on multiple levels, and far to 'gamey' for me. These wouldn't be very effective mines if all they gave the owner was ~15 ore per month, and why so many miners when you can clear all the deposits in a few minutes?

The solution?

RP Chopping and Mining

This mod makes animation-based gathering take time. You gain a variable amount of ore per hour that you spend mining. Chopping wood takes time as well, giving about 10 firewood per hour. You start mining and then you 'wait' a number of hours.

This is an acceptable compromise for me, because I also use:

Imp's More Complex Needs

This mod makes it so you must eat, drink and sleep else you incur penalties and eventually die of thirst/hunger. With the complex setting on, you must also worry about things like food poisoning from raw meat, alcohol poisoning, balanced intake of protein and nutrients, mental/physical fatigue, etc.

So with this mod, I can spend a few hours mining and must take a break to eat some food. You can't mine 24 hours straight without rest. (Well you could I suppose, if you want to be starving and exhausted and then die to a passing wolf who happened to glance at you.)

It is an acceptable arrangement for me, and allows me to get the ore I need without tracking down every single mine in Skyrim and mining them dry while still having a cost associated with acquiring the ore. It also drops the amount that the mine owner will pay you for the ore so they're not buying the ore for more than shops will sell it at, which was a bit silly. This means mining can be a secondary income stream for you as well, with no limit on the amount of ore. If you want to spend a few days mining to build up some cash, you can do that. If you need 30 more iron ore to build an expansion onto your house and you (like me) have already emptied every iron mine in the vicinity, this mod will help. That is, in fact, the reason I looked up the mod in the first place. I couldn't find any more iron within a day's walk of my house and I needed more nails.

Anyway, just figured I would let people know in case anyone else is playing a realism/survival game like I am.

I use several other mods too, and Skyrim really is a different game.

Spitfire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7137 on: October 18, 2012, 04:30:47 pm »

With the complex setting on, you must also worry about things like food poisoning from raw meat, alcohol poisoning, balanced intake of protein and nutrients, mental/physical fatigue, etc.

Damn, how can you survive in that?? I have trouble keeping me properly nutritioned in RL.
Quote from: Rex_Nex
Wanting boobs is primal, not something sparked by the degradation of humanity.

da_nang

• Bay Watcher
  • Argonian Overlord
    • View Profile
« Reply #7138 on: October 18, 2012, 05:08:02 pm »

It's... not that difficult, really. I've been playing with complex settings on, including the optional ones and other survival mods, and I'm doing fine. Just remember to carry a good stock of food with you if your going to be away from any tavern or shop.
"Deliver yesterday, code today, think tomorrow."
Ceterum censeo Unionem Europaeam esse delendam.
Future supplanter of humanity.

ISP

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7139 on: October 18, 2012, 05:30:44 pm »

Dragon tallow roasts... something I was working on as an edible gag drop... never did find a texture that was fitting.
Pages: 1 ... 474 475 [476] 477 478 ... 896