Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 421 422 [423] 424 425 ... 896

Author Topic: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim  (Read 1602102 times)

Rex_Nex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
« Reply #6330 on: June 19, 2012, 03:15:22 pm »

Just eastern europe.

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6331 on: June 19, 2012, 03:24:35 pm »

The mongols sure knew how to shoot from horseback...
Hence why Ghangis Kahn nearly took over all of Europe. The Mongolian tactic of Shooting from Horseback and fireing BACKWARDS while retreating proved a very challenging strategy to counter for many Europeans.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mongol_invasion_of_Europe

The Mongols invented kiting?
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

Levi

• Bay Watcher
  • Is a fish.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6332 on: June 19, 2012, 03:45:45 pm »

Hence why Ghangis Kahn nearly took over all of Europe. The Mongolian tactic of Shooting from Horseback and fireing BACKWARDS while retreating proved a very challenging strategy to counter for many Europeans.

Oi this link was something my brain has needed.  Now I finally know why I found massive army of mongols during my crusade against Jerusalem in Medieval 2: Total War. 

I was all like "Mongols?  Why on earth are there so many mongols!" and then I ran and hid while they beat up someone else.

Avid Gamer | Goldfish Enthusiast | Canadian | Professional Layabout

Trollheiming

• Bay Watcher
  • I do. I really do.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6333 on: June 19, 2012, 03:58:11 pm »

I don't see how russia is nearly all europe.

I think we're just supposed to go with the stream-of-conscious flow here. Otherwise, I have to point out that Genghis himself never left Asia.

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6334 on: June 19, 2012, 04:24:46 pm »

I don't see how russia is nearly all europe.

I think we're just supposed to go with the stream-of-conscious flow here. Otherwise, I have to point out that Genghis himself never left Asia.
Plus there was Poland and Hungary...
But yeah it would have been like a Domino effect in some way, shape or form...

From near the bottom of the page...

But Asia too was marching against the West. At one moment it had seemed as if all Europe would succumb to a terrible menace looming up from the East. Heathen Mongol hordes from the heart of Asia, formidable horsemen armed with bows, had rapidly swept over Russia, Poland, Hungary, and in 1241 inflicted simultaneous crushing defeats upon the Germans near Breslau and upon European chivalry near Budapest. Germany and Austria at least lay at their mercy. Providentially in this year the Great Khan died in Mongolia; the Mongol leaders hastened back the thousands of miles to Karakorum, their capital, to elect his successor, and Western Europe escaped
Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...

Pnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6335 on: June 19, 2012, 05:50:24 pm »

Yeah, succession issues are a very typical ways for an empire to fall. Usually empires fall apart due to internal difficulties rather than because they were defeated by an enemy. And even when they are defeated it's usually due to internal difficulties.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #6336 on: June 19, 2012, 06:53:10 pm »

If you can concentrate enough to fire a bow on horseback, a spell should be no problem.
If you can concentrate well enough to cast a spell while being smashed in the face by a bandit's hammer you can cast a spell from horseback.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #6337 on: June 19, 2012, 07:34:27 pm »

If you can concentrate enough to fire a bow on horseback, a spell should be no problem.
If you can concentrate well enough to cast a spell while being smashed in the face by a bandit's hammer you can cast a spell from horseback.
The Dovahkiin is possessed of amazing powers of focus, able to cast spells while having his/her bones broken, receiving a massive electrical shock, enduring the horrible pain of being stabbed or slashed, taking arrows to the knees, eyes, chest, or limbs, and while on fire. Horseback should be no problem.
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6338 on: June 19, 2012, 09:35:15 pm »

Shadowmere as well possesses incredible powers of badassery, and should have no problems with you casting spells from horseback.

Of course, my Shadowmere disappeared and stopped following me (after a dragon attack, I think, but he usually survived those just fine). Perhaps he died, although he's supposed to respawn after a week... and then sit where he died until you go find him, but since I have no idea where it happened, I didn't bother wasting time searching for a single horse on the entire map.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2012, 09:37:59 pm by Shadowlord »
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.

neotemplar

• Bay Watcher
  • The [Weapon] has lodged firmly in the wound!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6339 on: June 19, 2012, 10:18:13 pm »

That dumbass horse always tries to run off and solo dragons...  That is probably what happened.
If not under Neotemplar look for Vellum.

<22:07:06> "Terry": If a kid is old enough to play D&D
<22:07:20> "Terry": A kid is old enough to experience a dolphin being strangled

Sergius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6340 on: June 20, 2012, 12:16:40 pm »

When an NPC (probably) bugs out on me, I don't consider cheating to do a player.moveto to find where it is... maybe you can do that with Shadowmere?

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #6341 on: June 20, 2012, 12:37:23 pm »

I hate this glitch with the CS where, no matter what skin tone you set an NPC to, it makes their face the default (which is some shade of white.) Very annoying if you're trying for a redguard >:(
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6342 on: June 20, 2012, 12:40:06 pm »

If there was a console on the XBox version, I would have tried that. :P

Mono124

• Bay Watcher
  • Into the abyss you go!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6343 on: June 20, 2012, 09:47:37 pm »

If there was a console on the XBox version, I would have tried that. :P

Same boat as me eh? Welcome aboard!
Collin Quay- [145.9]-broadcasts: As a professional doctor, I have to say, dodge the fucking meteors or you will die.

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6344 on: June 21, 2012, 07:27:58 am »

I wish more Xbox games had developer consoles. Hell, Two Worlds II had one.
*Hugs*
Pages: 1 ... 421 422 [423] 424 425 ... 896