Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41] 42 43 ... 896

Author Topic: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim  (Read 1599697 times)

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
Re: Discussion on TES V: Skyrim - IT'S ACTUALLY GOOD!
« Reply #600 on: November 11, 2011, 04:38:04 am »

No idea. But they must've learned SOMETHING from their previous games. Anyone want to speculate on expansion pack? I'm guessing argonians/hists or the elven dominion thing.

I haven't played the game yet so I don't know if they're involved in the plot.
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

echonic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #601 on: November 11, 2011, 04:58:34 am »

After playing for about 3 hours now, holy crap...

This game is AWESOME

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #602 on: November 11, 2011, 05:11:51 am »

All right, so this might already have been shown, but I don't want to go through the thread for risk of being spoiled, so I'm going to post it anyway (Because even if it has, you can't have too much of this glorious thing): Best AI EVAR :D

It's good to see the physics are working a lot better though.
Love, scriver~

shadenight123

• Bay Watcher
  • Death. To all. Except my dwarves.
    • View Profile
    • My Twitter
« Reply #603 on: November 11, 2011, 05:15:02 am »

they will just patch it, maybe using the mod of oblivion for the better grapping.
whereas when you grab something the merchant comes next to you and keeps a close eye.
or they'll remove the buckets of their own accord and put them back on counter.
even then...
mm...
CITY OF BUCKET PEOPLEEE!
“Well,” he said. “We’re in the Forgotten hunting grounds I take it. Your screams just woke them up early. Congratulations, Lyara.”
“Do something!” she whispered, trying to keep her sight on all of them at once.
Basileus clapped his hands once. The Forgotten took a step forward, attracted by the sound.
“There, I did something. I clapped. I like clapping,” he said. -The Investigator And The Case Of The Missing Brain.

Xotes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #604 on: November 11, 2011, 05:15:12 am »

Quote from: Josephus
"Compatibility mode", dude. If he tries running it under "capatability mode" some terrible thing involving elder gods will probably happen.
Quote from: Aqizzar
You say that like it's not a good time to discuss weird people. It's always a good time to discuss weird people.
Quote from: freeformschooler
I was like, ha, this looks like a pretty dumb and boring game. I was so wrong. Gentlemen, I have discovered true fun.

Seriyu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Springless Clock
« Reply #605 on: November 11, 2011, 05:16:08 am »

All right, so this might already have been shown, but I don't want to go through the thread for risk of being spoiled, so I'm going to post it anyway (Because even if it has, you can't have too much of this glorious thing): Best AI EVAR :D

It's good to see the physics are working a lot better though.

Yeah it's already been posted but it's awesome. I'll be sad when it gets patched and I can't even run the game.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
Love, scriver~

Ivefan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #607 on: November 11, 2011, 05:51:56 am »

Okay. So, The interface is extremely awkward and looking around feels weird.
Only played till the first little village so i can't say much, but the dialogue was rather poor and felt rather forced and the scripted scene was rather laughable.

...But it looks nice.

Meta

• Bay Watcher
  • Aka Maunoir. French Dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #608 on: November 11, 2011, 06:06:04 am »

After my first hours in the game I can say that's it's far better than Oblivion. But I can't say now if I find it better than Morrowind, which is still my reference.

The gameplay is a lot like Oblivion, but dual-wielding (spells and/or weapons) makes it feel new. From what I've seen levelled contents exist but are nicely included in the game (think FNV). Lockpicking is directly taken from Fallout3, which in itself is not a bad thing. The dungeons are just awesome. Even a basic one is just epic. Interface is clumsy, like all Bethesda games. But it's far from being unplayable.

So, buy it and play it, that's my only advice. You won't regret it. :)
Generalized Godwin’s Law: "Every discussion within an online community converges to a zero-information signal characterized by empty assertions concerning the foundational dichotomy of that community."

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #609 on: November 11, 2011, 06:07:21 am »

Better than Oblivion but worse than Morrowind? That's what I expect, so no loss for me when I get it!
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

shadenight123

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Twitter
« Reply #610 on: November 11, 2011, 06:14:06 am »

interface isn't really a problem.
i'm expecting a darnified ui or similar in three four days to come waltzing in.
U_U
what is a problem is that they keep hating my notebooks.
whenever i want to raise or lower the volume, i have to leave the game, then re-enter.
THAT is the only thing which buggers me.
>.>
and the snow that doesn't melt.
i'll have melting snow! I SWEAR IT UPON THE GODS.
“Well,” he said. “We’re in the Forgotten hunting grounds I take it. Your screams just woke them up early. Congratulations, Lyara.”
Basileus clapped his hands once. The Forgotten took a step forward, attracted by the sound.
“There, I did something. I clapped. I like clapping,” he said. -The Investigator And The Case Of The Missing Brain.

Johuotar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Some game projects
« Reply #611 on: November 11, 2011, 06:29:10 am »

I went to the shop right after it opened waited in line, bought it and waited 1 hour 20 mins for bus. I met 2 friends while waiting in the store. I promised to wait until they get out of school so we can start at same time.

I need to wait at least 4 hours. While having skyrim installed. And in playing condition.
[img height=x width=y]http://LINK TO IMAGE HERE[/img]
The Toad hops in mysterious ways.
This pure mountain spring water is indispensable. Literally. I'm out of paper cups.

shadenight123

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Twitter
« Reply #612 on: November 11, 2011, 06:40:06 am »

I went to the shop right after it opened waited in line, bought it and waited 1 hour 20 mins for bus. I met 2 friends while waiting in the store. I promised to wait until they get out of school so we can start at same time.

I need to wait at least 4 hours. While having skyrim installed. And in playing condition.
*insert cereal guy face "you can't do it"*
*insert meme pic of challenge accepted*
*insert meme pic of "IMPOSSIBRU" *
*insert meme pic of playing*
*meme pic of rage-friends*
*insert meme pic of poker face*
*insert forever alone face*
*insert cereal guy "TOLD YOU" face*
*insert who cares meme and back to gameing.*

longest non-pic meme. i win.

MorleyDev

• Bay Watcher
  • "It is not enough for it to just work."
    • View Profile
    • MorleyDev
« Reply #613 on: November 11, 2011, 08:05:08 am »

So  far I'm impressed. Very impressed. Gameplay is fun, combat feels visceral and is finally separated enough from what I expect from an RPG combat system (aka. more like Neverwinter Nights) for me to consider it a decent FPS with RPG elements system. Morrowind was a simple RPG system, Oblivion was a shit FPS with RPG elements system. Dialogue is decent too and the world *feels* like an actual world and not just some random cookie cutter high fantasy.

Sure the interface is made for consoles and kinda shitty in that respect, but then again I'm playing with an Xbox gamepad anyway so yeah, I can ignore that since it still works fine :P

Only encountered like 4 minor technical issues so far:
The AI fucked up once and my zombified bandit chief and the bandit just stared at each other until I killed the bandit and the zombie melted.

They *still* haven't fixed the way the AI doesn't recognise that it's probably a good idea to target me instead of my horse when I dismount.

I managed to get stuck between two rocks and had to tcl out.

The physics messed hilariously when a giant killed me, sending the ragdollised body flying several thousand feet into the air. Not complaining about this one since it was hilarious and was a very effective demonstration that the giants are not to be fucked with xD
« Last Edit: November 11, 2011, 08:12:59 am by MorleyDev »

timferius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #614 on: November 11, 2011, 08:08:09 am »

So, first thing I have to do when I get home is get killed by a giant, before they patch that one...
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41] 42 43 ... 896