Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 396 397 [398] 399 400 ... 896

Author Topic: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim  (Read 1603875 times)

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
« Reply #5955 on: April 07, 2012, 04:34:41 am »

The difference between the world and time is a bit fuzzy--it could be just that the wheel stops and everything kind of "runs together", so to speak.

Metalax

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #5956 on: April 07, 2012, 09:25:56 am »

The Unofficial Skyrim Patch has just had it's first non-beta release and is now up on the workshop. Fixes a vast number of bugs.
In the beginning was the word, and the word was "Oops!"

Vendayn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5957 on: April 07, 2012, 09:43:39 am »

I personally prefer Occupy Skyrim - OCS, over Warzones and Wars in Skyrim. Quite a bit more immersive in how it works, at least for me. http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/downloads/file.php?id=12479
« Last Edit: April 07, 2012, 09:56:11 am by Vendayn »
My own website for Skyrim, Fallout 4, and many other games: http://vendayn.wix.com/skyrimvendayn

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
  • Σὺν Ἀθηνᾷ καὶ χεῖρα κίνει
    • View Profile
« Reply #5958 on: April 10, 2012, 07:26:41 am »

I keep meaning to find a mod that ups the difficulty and makes everyone mortal, then go about saving Skyrim from the Dragons by killing everything first.

ah! let them dragons die of hunger, I say!

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5959 on: April 11, 2012, 12:15:24 am »

Okay, what the hell.

I'm being attacked by everyone at Dragonsreach for no reason at all when I approach the Jarl. I have NO bounty. I have not attacked anyone. I don't get it. Why does everyone want to kill me? I entered there and finished a quest only an in-game day or so and nobody tried to kill me.

I wonder if it's something with mods. But I didn't install any new mods between when I finished the quest and this time. All I did was put on modded Imperial armor. And as a result I even tried taking it off EVERYTHING that my character was wearing, but it didn't help.

Edit: No worries, I fixed it. Had to get a bounty and pay 5 gold for my crimes. Everything is sane again.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2012, 12:46:57 am by Tarran »
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Rex_Nex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5960 on: April 11, 2012, 02:56:15 am »

Yeah, a common bug. I think there is a console command to pay off bounties if you happen to be stuck with an invisible one.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #5961 on: April 11, 2012, 09:33:49 am »

This one time I killed a chicken in the middle of the night with nobody else around, on the road outside of whiterun. I thought nothing of it really, and kept on with whatever quest I was on. When I got back to whiterun several weeks later, I had a murder bounty and everyone including the civilians were trying to kill me.

:o

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #5962 on: April 11, 2012, 09:38:23 am »

You don't fuck with a man's chicken.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Metalax

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #5963 on: April 11, 2012, 11:31:13 am »

This one time I killed a chicken in the middle of the night with nobody else around, on the road outside of whiterun. I thought nothing of it really, and kept on with whatever quest I was on. When I got back to whiterun several weeks later, I had a murder bounty and everyone including the civilians were trying to kill me.

:o

Chicken
In the beginning was the word, and the word was "Oops!"

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5964 on: April 11, 2012, 11:56:27 am »

I think the first thing the majority of skyrim players did once completing the tutorial, was killing a chicken in riverwood and reloading their game.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #5965 on: April 11, 2012, 12:27:33 pm »

I think the first thing the majority of skyrim players did once completing the tutorial, was killing a chicken in riverwood and reloading their game.
so true
I saw that chicken, was all like:
Hm. Nothing intresting here. may as well kill this chicken!

That part of skyrim is very df-like.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Sordid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5966 on: April 11, 2012, 04:00:42 pm »

Indeed. While eagerly anticipating the release I watched this: http://www.gameanyone.com/video/359988 That's a very early blind Let's Play uploaded before the game even came out (you can see that it says "Added: Nov 03, 2011" in the description). Meaning that this guy was one of the first people in the world to play this game. And, well... just skip forward to 3:00 and see for yourselves.  :P
« Last Edit: April 11, 2012, 04:11:50 pm by Sordid »

Supercharazad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5967 on: April 11, 2012, 04:23:15 pm »

Has anyone noticed music from Morrowind and Oblivion in this?

Sordid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5968 on: April 11, 2012, 05:18:17 pm »

Oh there's even earlier stuff. Namely this. Video has two parts, Sven the bard playing the tune on his lute followed by the Daggerfall midi version.

dogstile

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5969 on: April 11, 2012, 06:48:31 pm »

My brother killed a chicken and declared the game broken. I had to explain to him that if its illegal in real life, its probably illegal in skyrim.

Still didn't save riverwood, he killed everyone!
my champion is now holding his artifact crossbow by his upper left leg and still shooting with is just fine despite having no hands.
What? He's firing from the hip.
Pages: 1 ... 396 397 [398] 399 400 ... 896