Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 362 363 [364] 365 366 ... 896

Author Topic: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim  (Read 1599652 times)

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile
Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
« Reply #5445 on: March 04, 2012, 03:36:25 pm »

Metal, duh.

There is ONE shield in the game that has spikes, called the Targe of the Blooded, and it causes additional bleeding damage when you shield bash. Why the hell is it totally unique and non-enchantable anyway? It's just a targe, it seems like a pretty mundane idea to me.
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5446 on: March 04, 2012, 07:02:15 pm »

Quick question for anyone who use Tytanis:

It contains a lot of stuff. Have you had any trouble with it? By which I mean does it cause problems, is it annoying in any way, does it seriously unbalance something, and does it conflict with any mods?
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5447 on: March 04, 2012, 09:10:18 pm »

Quick question for anyone who use Tytanis:

It contains a lot of stuff. Have you had any trouble with it? By which I mean does it cause problems, is it annoying in any way, does it seriously unbalance something, and does it conflict with any mods?
The Arrow Addition thats been added just recently seems kinda OP but so far nothing else seems that unbalanced. Each item requires another item which at the same time is a lot more harder to get and so forth, cooking gives boosts along with healing foods so thats a bonus if your playing an Alchemyless game with no Pots or limited pots. There are some extra drops and additional hidden weapons out there. The only thing I feel is unbalanced is the Smelting part, I don't know which mod is making it so but I can smith a Cast Iron Pot for 1 Iron and then Smelt for 4 giving me a net of 3 Iron Bars...
Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5448 on: March 04, 2012, 09:42:53 pm »

No conflicts with other mods?
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5449 on: March 05, 2012, 03:22:59 am »

No conflicts with other mods?
None that I have seen, like I said before, In fact I believe that it even allows for some mods to be accidently compatible with it.
Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...

Rex_Nex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5450 on: March 05, 2012, 04:55:31 pm »

My framerate is really choppy. It will run at a fine FPS, but it feels like it skips frames. Even on Low settings, my average framerate is about the same as it is on High. This kind of rules out a performance problem. I also tried overclocking my system, and that made Skyrim run like someone was hitting the fastforward button every couple seconds; it still skipped like it did before, but now I was moving even farther while skipped.

I tried running in windowed mode, editing my ini file, and playing in third person. Still choppy and annoying. Running the latest patch, too.

Leatra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5451 on: March 05, 2012, 07:52:15 pm »

Dual-Wield Parry
I'm glad to see a mod like this. It was really stupid to not be able to block while dual-wielding.

Roundabout Lout

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5452 on: March 05, 2012, 07:55:58 pm »

Dual-Wield Parry
I'm glad to see a mod like this. It was really stupid to not be able to block while dual-wielding.

No doubt that they just couldn't figure out how to make it work on an xbox controller. *sigh*

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5453 on: March 05, 2012, 08:10:31 pm »

Yeah, I was really disappointed by the consolitis of Elder Scrolls with Skyrim. It's true, you really do have to build your game around your interface, but I wish they'd chosen their native PC over relocating to XBox as a primary console... and relying on PC users to do their own work to fix the UI via mods.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2012, 08:13:02 pm by Solifuge »

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
  • That guy who used to be here all the time
    • View Profile
« Reply #5454 on: March 05, 2012, 08:25:01 pm »

Yeah, I was really disappointed by the consolitis of Elder Scrolls with Skyrim. It's true, you really do have to build your game around your interface, but I wish they'd chosen their native PC over relocating to XBox as a primary console... and relying on PC users to do their own work to fix the UI via mods.
I understand the logic though; Basing it on the PC could make the game too complicated to fit onto an Xbox controller, and then they'd have to cut things out, which is BAD. They built it on the Xbox because the PC users can mod it a hell of alot easier than the Xbox crowd, and people were going to complain anyway.

That said it is kind of annoying.
Thou art I, I art Thou.
The trust you have bestowed upon thy comrade is now reciprocated in turn.
Thou shall be blessed when calling upon personae of the Hangman Arcana.
May this tie bind thee to a brighter future!​
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5455 on: March 05, 2012, 08:36:12 pm »

There wasn't even a button limitation; you could easily put the 1st/3rd person view in a System Setting instead of mapping a button for it (a waste of control real-estate) and use that for "parry mode". Heck, you could even make shouts and powers mapped to a hand, and free up a bumper for it too.

It was pretty needless oversimplification, and I feel it was a poor design choice to prevent blocking just because you cast spells or hold an off-hand weapon.

dogstile

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5456 on: March 05, 2012, 08:48:08 pm »

So hey, i'm walking around with the Champion of Boethiah, chief yamarz and lydia, tempted to go get barbos and just go around roflstomping everything because nothing can stand against four people with pimped out weapons. This is on the 360. I really wish more games would let me mess around with companions like this. 
my champion is now holding his artifact crossbow by his upper left leg and still shooting with is just fine despite having no hands.
What? He's firing from the hip.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5457 on: March 05, 2012, 08:51:08 pm »

Something I think I should bring to note with you guys that I just found through that dual wield block link above:

http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/downloads/file.php?id=5485

This is basically something similar to Deadly reflex based on what is written down. Staggers, stamina cost for normal attacks, improved blocking, improved well-timed blocking, more damage, less effective armor...

I'ma gonna try it out. Wish me luck on it not breaking my existing game.

MorleyDev

• Bay Watcher
  • "It is not enough for it to just work."
    • View Profile
    • MorleyDev
« Reply #5458 on: March 05, 2012, 11:44:02 pm »

There wasn't even a button limitation; you could easily put the 1st/3rd person view in a System Setting instead of mapping a button for it (a waste of control real-estate) and use that for "parry mode". Heck, you could even make shouts and powers mapped to a hand, and free up a bumper for it too.

Since when was third person for playing? You go into it to see how awesome your character looks and maybe take some screenshots. That's why it's a button :)

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #5459 on: March 06, 2012, 12:13:00 am »

I always assumed the inability to block while dual-wielding was a balance/distinctiveness issue.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.
Pages: 1 ... 362 363 [364] 365 366 ... 896