Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 310 311 [312] 313 314 ... 896

Author Topic: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim  (Read 1602928 times)

dogstile

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Discussion on TES V: Skyrim
« Reply #4665 on: January 23, 2012, 07:26:37 pm »

I dunno, mine mysteriously disappeared after my oblivion saves got overwritten :P
my champion is now holding his artifact crossbow by his upper left leg and still shooting with is just fine despite having no hands.
What? He's firing from the hip.

jester

• Bay Watcher
  • Dwarvern Survialist Nutter
    • View Profile
« Reply #4666 on: January 23, 2012, 07:33:37 pm »

God I will be glad when this game gets modded to the edge of its existence so maybe there will be more interesting things to spend my cash on than 'generic sword of flame damage: medium strength'

I use Cutthroat Merchants Very Hard. Along with my fav new mod Unlevelled World that de-levels the entire game plus Wars in SkyrimIV. Now THAT is one hell of a game. With Unlevelled World while heading to Riverwood for the first time you just might run into a Master Vampire or Necromage but if you manage to take them down you will be greatly rewarded(maybe). There is high level loot around but with the merchant mod gold actually means something. Need a potion of cure disease? Without good speechcraft your looking at 1000+ gold. You will not afford a house until around level 10 and that's with a slower level gain mod.

Kill one hawk and one mudcrab and you have cure disease.  Though this is exactly what im looking for
If life gives you lemons, burn them.

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4667 on: January 23, 2012, 07:35:25 pm »

You mean you don't have over 9000 saved game files?

*checks*
I actually have 823 in a Backup Saves folder and 1 (plus autosaves) in the Saves folder. Apparently after the last time I played (months ago) I moved them all and left only the latest one in the actual Saves folder.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2012, 07:36:58 pm by Shadowlord »
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
« Reply #4668 on: January 23, 2012, 07:45:38 pm »

God I will be glad when this game gets modded to the edge of its existence so maybe there will be more interesting things to spend my cash on than 'generic sword of flame damage: medium strength'

I use Cutthroat Merchants Very Hard. Along with my fav new mod Unlevelled World that de-levels the entire game plus Wars in SkyrimIV. Now THAT is one hell of a game. With Unlevelled World while heading to Riverwood for the first time you just might run into a Master Vampire or Necromage but if you manage to take them down you will be greatly rewarded(maybe). There is high level loot around but with the merchant mod gold actually means something. Need a potion of cure disease? Without good speechcraft your looking at 1000+ gold. You will not afford a house until around level 10 and that's with a slower level gain mod.

Kill one hawk and one mudcrab and you have cure disease.  Though this is exactly what im looking for

Just kill the hawk. Hawk feathers have cure disease as their first effect so all you have to do is use the tutorial bow to shoot a hawk and then chew on its feathers.

Kind of makes you wonder why the cure disease potions even exist... Hawk feathers are cheaper and lighter, though kind of strange to think about eating.
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #4669 on: January 23, 2012, 08:17:31 pm »

Anyone notice that when you let your little brother play, he accidentally saves over both of your level 30 characters?

That's why you use custom save names when you save.

Go into the console and type "save whatever"

whatever is the name of the save

jester

• Bay Watcher
  • Dwarvern Survialist Nutter
    • View Profile
« Reply #4670 on: January 23, 2012, 08:20:06 pm »

Just kill the hawk. Hawk feathers have cure disease as their first effect so all you have to do is use the tutorial bow to shoot a hawk and then chew on its feathers.

Kind of makes you wonder why the cure disease potions even exist... Hawk feathers are cheaper and lighter, though kind of strange to think about eating.

I never even thought about this.  Derp.
If life gives you lemons, burn them.

Svarte Troner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4671 on: January 23, 2012, 10:07:18 pm »

Anyone notice that when you let your little brother play, he accidentally saves over both of your level 30 characters?

I guess it's unfortunate that I have the game for xbox...
That metal guy that pops up sometimes in places
To put it simply, Dwarf Fortress is the Black Metal of video games.

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4672 on: January 23, 2012, 11:23:06 pm »

Thank you so much. Now I can safely make multiple characters!

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4673 on: January 24, 2012, 04:56:49 am »

Hawk Feathers
Yeah, doing the first real companion quest set me up with enough cure disease for life.
*Hugs*

dogstile

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4674 on: January 24, 2012, 07:08:22 am »

You mean you don't have over 9000 saved game files?

When I had my oblivion saves, I had 36 saves. Somehow, I wasn't to pleased when he went over each one.
"I thought save was the thing that let me use your characters but it wasn't working so I tried them all".

To be fair, he was about four at the time, maybe five, like I said, disappeared ;)
my champion is now holding his artifact crossbow by his upper left leg and still shooting with is just fine despite having no hands.
What? He's firing from the hip.

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #4675 on: January 24, 2012, 07:13:36 am »

So, update out, and it's optional.

No CK yet.

Lord Dullard

• Bay Watcher
  • Indubitably.
    • View Profile
    • Cult: Awakening of the Old Ones
« Reply #4676 on: January 24, 2012, 07:53:22 am »

Bah. I hope that for every day they delay the CK, a Bethesda employee comes down with a bad case of hemorrhoids.  >:(

Honestly, until then, I won't bother to touch the game again.

Leatra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4677 on: January 24, 2012, 08:28:53 am »

I WANT MY CK GODDAMMIT!

Still, it's amazing how many mods are out there. Nothing can stop the passion of a modder eh?

kcwong

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4678 on: January 24, 2012, 09:37:27 am »

That must be your half-brother...

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I have a pic of this exact same bug in my steam profile, except there are 2 1/2 of the weirdos staring at me, its not placeatme

Yup, it's a glitch, it happened by itself. You think I'd use a console command to make a stupid picture to post?!

Wolf Tengu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4679 on: January 24, 2012, 11:03:26 am »

Heh, that happened to my dad. The glitch I mean...

He also ended up with seven of the same person talking to each other.

I wish I had interesting glitches, I just have game ruining ones. I blame my xbox!
Everybody!
Pages: 1 ... 310 311 [312] 313 314 ... 896