Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 301 302 [303] 304 305 ... 896

Author Topic: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim  (Read 1602244 times)

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
Re: Discussion on TES V: Skyrim
« Reply #4530 on: January 18, 2012, 04:41:03 am »

It's been out for a few months. I guess people have said what they have to say.
Love, scriver~

kcwong

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4531 on: January 18, 2012, 07:21:01 am »

It's been out for a few months. I guess people have said what they have to say.

Until Beth finally release the CK that is...

Wolf Tengu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4532 on: January 19, 2012, 03:03:01 am »

Ha. I have the console version, so I never win ever!

I also found the hardest book to read ever! But I guess it was meant to be, seeing as it was covered in blood...
Everybody!

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4533 on: January 19, 2012, 03:20:08 am »

I am waiting for my Fav Mod to load up...
Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...

Antioch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4534 on: January 19, 2012, 12:18:18 pm »

While many game mechanics have been improved, Skyrim suffers from really bad quest and dungeon design, the leveling system also doesn't help.
I am so sick of getting good stuff just because I am lvl 40 instead of having earned it by storming through 8km of maze like dungeon. You are never rewarded for exploring because every dungeon is basically the same.
You finish ripping the human corpse of Sigmund into pieces.
This raw flesh tastes delicious!

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #4535 on: January 19, 2012, 12:22:07 pm »

While many game mechanics have been improved, Skyrim suffers from really bad quest and dungeon design, the leveling system also doesn't help.
I am so sick of getting good stuff just because I am lvl 40 instead of having earned it by storming through 8km of maze like dungeon. You are never rewarded for exploring because every dungeon is basically the same.
In that same vein, if you do the civil war quests later on when you're level 25 or so the rewards don't scale. As my final thank you gift for helping the stormcloaks win I got... some scale armor. You know, the armor you can make at like blacksmithing 40 or buy from a shop for ~100 gold. Before that was a glass sword (unenchanted) and a glass sword with a 3 point fire enchant.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4536 on: January 19, 2012, 12:26:49 pm »

The Imperials certainly give better gifts. I've gotten enchanted Ebony swords from them (the last even good enough for me to use as a medium-high level character for quite a bit; the enchantment was pretty good), as well as an ebony shield if I recall correctly.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Leatra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4537 on: January 19, 2012, 03:20:48 pm »

Quest rewards are never good in any TES game. I do quests just for the sake of doing them. I liked the quests of Morrowind and Oblivion more. We didn't have this much "miscellaneous" quests. I hate all these miscellaneous quests. Pretty much all of them are "deliver this" or "clear that dungeon" kind of quests.

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4538 on: January 19, 2012, 03:32:47 pm »

instead of having earned it by storming through 8km of maze like dungeon
That is...

Bad design! Like, terrible really. Unless the game takes place mostly in said dungeon I fail to see the point other than taking way to damn long. Blackreach was a fun romp, but if it has gone on for much longer it would have been terrible.

The quests are not that much worse than the ones in the other games. Morrowind got a lot of apparent complexity for having to use directions and having text screens instead of voice acting. Besides that they have not really been any better. I also dig all the minor sidequests. It grants you a reason for exploring these dungeons and exploring parts of towns you would not normally have checked out yourself.

And there is a severe understatement for all the really good quests. Like the drinking contest guy in Winterhold.

Basically It Ain't That Bad. I would dig a bit more flexibility to the dungeon layout motifs, but after Bethesda committed the design perfection of having shortcuts back to the dungeon entrance at the end of each dungeon I can't really get too sour.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

Rex_Nex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4539 on: January 19, 2012, 03:35:44 pm »

Thank god for that thing where the end of the dungeon has some secret passage to the start. Walking all the way back pissed me off BEYOND ALL THINGS in Oblivion.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #4540 on: January 19, 2012, 03:55:45 pm »

Thank god for that thing where the end of the dungeon has some secret passage to the start. Walking all the way back pissed me off BEYOND ALL THINGS in Oblivion most other games.
FTFY, also I agree 101%

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #4541 on: January 19, 2012, 03:56:53 pm »

So anyway, patch notes have been released, and the CK is coming out.

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
« Reply #4542 on: January 19, 2012, 04:09:08 pm »

FINALLY.

I can't wait to get a mod that makes everyone mortal.
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #4543 on: January 19, 2012, 04:20:31 pm »

FINALLY.

I can't wait to get a mod that makes everyone mortal.
Except for the daedric princes right?

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #4544 on: January 19, 2012, 05:28:41 pm »

So my friend just killed Alduin, at level 13, having only followed the main quest, he claims he completed the game.

That statement is wrong on so many levels that I have to refrain myself from throwing stuff at him in petty rage X(
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG
Pages: 1 ... 301 302 [303] 304 305 ... 896