Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 300 301 [302] 303 304 ... 896

Author Topic: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim  (Read 1602192 times)

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
Re: Discussion on TES V: Skyrim
« Reply #4515 on: January 16, 2012, 08:24:12 am »

when I'm a humanlizard blender, I don't have time for other shouts anyway.

Leatra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4516 on: January 16, 2012, 08:28:48 am »

While I was googling for shouts, I found this and wanted to share it. :D

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
« Reply #4517 on: January 16, 2012, 12:03:41 pm »

You get a perk called dual flurry that increases swing speed.

Then you get a shout that adds on top of that.

And then you are a blender.

And then Jon was a blender.
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4518 on: January 16, 2012, 02:26:29 pm »

While I was googling for shouts, I found this and wanted to share it. :D

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
That face, oh man. ;D
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Sergius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4519 on: January 16, 2012, 03:24:08 pm »

I tried equipping 2 swords, but didn't notice faster swings. I couldn't swing one sword until my other sword was done swinging. Compared to my one handed sword, I didn't notice a difference.

If you click both buttons at once you do a scissor like swing with both swords. And the power attack also does something with both buttons. Or something.

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4520 on: January 16, 2012, 05:04:00 pm »

They didn't overlook it. It's intentional.

Please point out where they said it was intentional. Because to me it sounds unrealistic.

thegoatgod_pan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4521 on: January 16, 2012, 06:16:30 pm »

I tried equipping 2 swords, but didn't notice faster swings. I couldn't swing one sword until my other sword was done swinging. Compared to my one handed sword, I didn't notice a difference.

Press both buttons at once, there is a separate double bladed attack which delivers three strikes.  It is amazing crowd control if you turn you view mid combo
More ridiculous than reindeer?  Where you think you supercool and is you things the girls where I honestly like I is then why are humans on their as my people or what would you?

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #4522 on: January 16, 2012, 06:27:52 pm »

It's pretty much the only attack I ever used in melee, after a while. Which is why my opinion of Skyrim combat isn't that great. Fus Do Rah, rushing slash, dual wield slash. Rinse and repeat x50. I'm looking forward to a second play through (sometime) with block because I won't steam roll everything from dragons to daedra quite so easily.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4523 on: January 16, 2012, 07:04:37 pm »

Skyrim's towns are pretty neat, but the local map doesn't help at all. The high black/white contrast makes the damn thing unreadable.
It's a dozen times worse indoors. Each and every little change in the ground, each little piece of scenery and patch of grass shows up. You can't make out ledges and staircases because the textures show through so much as a black and white mesh. And I'm pretty sure it's wildly inaccurate.

So.... I don't use maps indoors. I have yet to get really lost, so + for dungeon design I guess.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4524 on: January 16, 2012, 07:35:20 pm »

That's odd, I don't find the local map to be a problem at all. It always gives enough information to tell me where I am and where I need to go. And I don't recall anything like textures getting int he way.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #4525 on: January 16, 2012, 09:34:45 pm »

Figured I'd drop this here: http://pc.gamespy.com/pc/elder-scrolls-v/1216616p1.html

Gamespy collection of realism mods. With mods coming out daily and in the dozens on Skyrim Nexus, it can be hard to stay current on what's a top mod unless its caught the public's imagination. (And with the plethora of nude/sexual mods...that gets even more difficult.)

Like, I didn't even know someone had put together a food/sleep mod, and I've been watching for one for a while. The non-fast travel map mod also looks killer.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4526 on: January 17, 2012, 02:25:56 am »

Figured I'd drop this here: http://pc.gamespy.com/pc/elder-scrolls-v/1216616p1.html

Gamespy collection of realism mods. With mods coming out daily and in the dozens on Skyrim Nexus, it can be hard to stay current on what's a top mod unless its caught the public's imagination. (And with the plethora of nude/sexual mods...that gets even more difficult.)

Like, I didn't even know someone had put together a food/sleep mod, and I've been watching for one for a while. The non-fast travel map mod also looks killer.

Can anyone verify that the ragdoll mod listed in the link is not a virus and actually works without bugs?

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4527 on: January 17, 2012, 02:48:03 am »

The 1.1 version from the Nexus didn't get detected by Avast, and there was only an esp and txt file in there.

I don't recall any bugs in the many hours I've used the 1.1 version, so I'm guessing that it should be mostly fine.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Leatra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4528 on: January 17, 2012, 04:46:04 am »

It's amazing what modder can do without CK. I'll count myself lucky if I can pull off half of that with CK.

Leatra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4529 on: January 18, 2012, 04:22:58 am »

Wow, this thread is in the third page? I didn't think people would lose interest this quickly.
Pages: 1 ... 300 301 [302] 303 304 ... 896