Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 275 276 [277] 278 279 ... 896

Author Topic: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim  (Read 1601858 times)

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
Re: Discussion on TES V: Skyrim
« Reply #4140 on: December 31, 2011, 05:48:06 am »

Daedric prince of Madness, Lord of the Shivering Isles, Purveyor of Cheese,  Epic Troll,  Sheogorath..And former Champion of Cyrodiil.
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

Mictlantecuhtli

• Bay Watcher
  • Grinning God of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #4141 on: December 31, 2011, 05:55:48 am »

Daedric prince of Madness, Lord of the Shivering Isles, Purveyor of Cheese,  Epic Troll,  Sheogorath..And former Champion of Cyrodiil.

Which makes SO much sense... Until you realize the 'Champion' could be a Lizard Thief or a Balding creepy Alchemist.

Bethesda lives by the rule of cool.
I am surrounded by flesh and bone, I am a temple of living. Maybe I'll maybe my life away.

Santorum leaves a bad taste in my mouth,
Card-carrying Liberaltarian

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4142 on: December 31, 2011, 06:01:46 am »

It's easy enough if this isn't the same universe that your Champion of Cyrodiil existed in, but instead a different one with someone else's Champion of Cyrodiil. :P

Mine was never even the Champion of Cyrodiil, much less Sheogorath. Vampire Archmage of Cyrodiil, and killer of the King of Worms, on the other hand, that he was.
« Last Edit: December 31, 2011, 06:03:57 am by Shadowlord »
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #4143 on: December 31, 2011, 06:29:55 am »

Which makes SO much sense... Until you realize the 'Champion' could be a Lizard Thief or a Balding creepy Alchemist.

Bethesda lives by the rule of cool.

Which doesn't matter, seeming as Daedric Princes can take whatever shape they want.
Love, scriver~

Rex_Nex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4144 on: December 31, 2011, 07:07:17 am »

Sheogorath in my universe was the Archmage of the Mage's Guild, King of Thieves, the leader of the Fighter's Guild, the Listener of the Dark Brotherhood, and he did it all by level 7. Sheogorath must be a cheater!

Alkhemia

• Bay Watcher
  • aka Deep Sea Diver Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #4145 on: December 31, 2011, 08:21:28 am »

Get far enough in the Dark Brotherhood
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
"Hiken: Tsubame-Gaeshi" -Sasaki Kojirou (Grand Order}

"Please touch me. Without lying, wherever you want to touch. That is my wish." - Kiyohime (Grand Order)

"Tyranny, violation, genocide. Those are the things that I detest above all else." - Amakusa Shirou Tokisada (Grand Order)

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #4146 on: December 31, 2011, 12:50:07 pm »

Did two quests for the Companions, holy shit their awesome level just jumped a bajillion times.

Also I love Orcs, I'm level 12 and allready fully clad in dwarwen armor, with some 250 AR :D
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Grakelin

• Bay Watcher
  • Stay thirsty, my friends
    • View Profile
« Reply #4147 on: December 31, 2011, 04:47:34 pm »

Is two-handing ridiculously easy? Rolled a Nord Two-Hander, literally slaughter everything that gets in my path with one or two sword-strokes. No blocking. Blocking is for wussies. Have had a total of two difficult fights, both of them mages who were able to one-hit kill me at range. Still beat them by sprinting and one-hit killing them back. Draugr Overlords? Three second fight. Nord marches into dungeons that took my Breton Spellsword upwards of an hour to defeat, clears it in two minutes without breaking a sweat.

Had to reroll because it was getting too easy.
I am have extensive knowledge of philosophy and a strong morality
Okay, so, today this girl I know-Lauren, just took a sudden dis-interest in talking to me. Is she just on her period or something?

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #4148 on: December 31, 2011, 04:56:33 pm »

You can always artificially nerf its effectiveness by just not investing in the straight +damage talents or the armor talents by extension. It can also help balance out smithing, in that you're not getting between 40% and 100% more damage every time you reforge a weapon.

Not a great solution, I know. I think melee combat in general needs to be far more lethal at all levels, for 2-handers to make any real trade off for using such weapons. I remember being really angry that dual wielders couldn't block at all, but it quickly became a non-issue, because melee combat is just a DPS race. And 2-handers win it most of the time.

It's also a problem of the way they've arranged enemy scales. As far as I can tell, there are 3 to 4 tiers of enemies. The first tier is a joke, the second tier makes up the bulk of stuff you fight, and it's a joke by level 10 or so. The third and fourth tiers are the only fights that seem to challenging at all, and in the case of mages it's an annoying kind of difficulty, not a satisfying, skill-based challenge.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #4149 on: December 31, 2011, 06:51:23 pm »

Yeah, I wish the enemies were smoothed out more. It's like, bandits die in one hit, next level of bandit dies in two hits, next level of bandit dies in like six hits, next level of bandit usually kills me. Why are there these flimsy, diseased bandits running around? Or are the other ones just superhumans?

NewsMuffin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4150 on: December 31, 2011, 08:27:43 pm »

The other ones are superhuman.
It makes sense that you'd die to two hits (probably only one) from a sword the size of your body. Or magic lightning.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #4151 on: December 31, 2011, 08:33:12 pm »

Really I think the "dead in two hits" needs to apply across the board to any human-sized, humanoid thing. (Give or take a swing.)

Unfortunately that system doesn't jive well with numerics for weapon damage and armor, and scaling life pools. They're granular, where the assumption that most people die in one or two hits is not granular at all. So, in a realism setting, it'd take 10, 20 or 30 points of increase in damage or armor to see a difference. Which wouldn't be enough for a lot of people I think, their natural reaction would be "does this stuff even help at all? Doesn't seem like it."

And it's worth remembering, fights are staged for granular life totals and damage output. 7+ guys, each of which could kill you in 2 to 3 hits, would force people to cheese just to make combat manageable.

Another possible solution might be jacking the "instant kill" attack rate from ~15% life to 50% life.

« Last Edit: December 31, 2011, 08:37:16 pm by nenjin »
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Lumbajak

• Bay Watcher
  • They call me Jude
    • View Profile
« Reply #4152 on: December 31, 2011, 10:34:54 pm »

Personally I have a lot of trouble in straight up combat, regardless of what I'm playing.

I do have it on Master difficulty, though.

sonerohi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4153 on: December 31, 2011, 11:51:50 pm »

I started out playing on master because I knew how hard it would be to adjust upwards later. The whole game through, regardless of enemy, I find myself having to play very defensively and tactically. My brother plays on adept (? the 'a' one) and can storm a bandit camp by just marching up to the gates in light armor and no blocking. I have to use heavy armor to survive, and have to strafe around camps to find a vantage point and use my bow to thin people down. Even then, I've got to make use of a shield constantly or I'll be crushed.
I picked up the stone and carved my name into the wind.

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4154 on: January 01, 2012, 12:50:30 am »

Hey guys. Can someone give me a build or such that I could use, I find myself playing exactly the same way every time...

Code: [Select]
Race:
Main Weapon:
Secondary Weapon:
Main Skills (3):
Secondary Skills (5):
Main Goal:
Secondary Goal:
Taboo:

For example.

Code: [Select]
Race: Brenton
Main Weapon/s: Staff, Magic
Secondary Weapon/s: Staff, Onehanded Sword.
Main Skills (2): Destruction, One Handed Swords.
Secondary Skills (3): Light Armour, Alchemy, Enchanting.
Main Goal: Finish Collage Questline ASAP.
Secondary Goal: Build a "Library" by collecting all the books in the world (at least 1 volume of each), includes Spell Tomes.
Taboo (3): No Thieving Such as Pickpocketing and Lockpicking, Loner, No using Bow.
Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...
Pages: 1 ... 275 276 [277] 278 279 ... 896