Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 274 275 [276] 277 278 ... 896

Author Topic: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim  (Read 1601536 times)

Dakorma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Discussion on TES V: Skyrim
« Reply #4125 on: December 30, 2011, 04:42:27 am »

I've sunk almost 36 hours into Skyrim since I got it on christmas.
I have never encountered anything Daedra related.
I see this as a good thing, because Oblivion forced you to interact with them if you wanted to advance the plot any.

You'll be forced to eventually as well. If you want to get a certain scroll of the old variety.

Jacob/Lee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4126 on: December 30, 2011, 04:43:43 am »

Get a giant to fight any killable NPC. Hilarity ensues.

Also,
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #4127 on: December 30, 2011, 04:51:28 am »

I see this as a good thing, because Oblivion forced you to interact with them if you wanted to advance the plot any.

You'll be forced to eventually as well. If you want to get a certain scroll of the old variety.

I got that without any daedra. Now, of course, after you get it...

NewsMuffin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4128 on: December 30, 2011, 04:53:19 am »

I got that without any daedra. Now, of course, after you get it...
I got it without Daedra as well.
I stopped the plotline to do sidequests for a bit just before you tell the Jarl of Whiterun that Dragonreach is used to 'reach' dragons.

Grakelin

• Bay Watcher
  • Stay thirsty, my friends
    • View Profile
« Reply #4129 on: December 30, 2011, 05:09:50 am »

I think you're mistaken, Dakorma. There are no Daedra on that quest.

EDIT: Ooooh, I get what you're talking about now. You do indeed brush up against a Daedra quest during the main quest, but it's not necessary for you to do it. I seem to recall being eager to get back to the main quest line with my first character and saying "Yeah, I'll do it some other time" and then never going back.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2011, 05:13:13 am by Grakelin »
I am have extensive knowledge of philosophy and a strong morality
Okay, so, today this girl I know-Lauren, just took a sudden dis-interest in talking to me. Is she just on her period or something?

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #4130 on: December 30, 2011, 07:37:15 am »

Boethiah is maybe even more evil than Molag Bal, if I have to go by their quests...

...Forcing someone to submit himself to Molag Bal, dooming him to be raped for eternity in Coldharbour, is less evil than betraying a friend's trust?

Azura is mostly good, at least so far as she respects and helps those who are on her good side. Choosing the Black Star is an evil act, and would spite her, but with that quest personally I chose good over being a dick to a daedra for the sake of hating daedra.

Yeah, she really treats her followers well. They do what she tells them to, then she lets them suffer for years before she sends someone to kill them, not cure them.

In Azura's eyes, she has no followers. She has possessions, toys and jewellery. She is good the same way these people are.

I also liked Sanguine, he was far more memorable in Skyrim than the previous games.

I think it was rather contrary to what Sanguine is supposed to be. I mean, he's the god of senseless revelry, not the god of lulsy Hollywood movie shenanigans. I was disappoint.

Yeah, I'm still of the opinion that Meridia is the closest thing to a "good" Daedra there will be. Because she's punk. And that's awesome.
Love, scriver~

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4131 on: December 30, 2011, 07:53:30 am »

...Forcing someone to submit himself to Molag Bal, dooming him to be raped for eternity in Coldharbour, is less evil than betraying a friend's trust?
In my opinion, in a way yes, in a way no.

It would be absolutely horrible to be killed by someone who you would have gladly fought for for all eternity, having to go "WHY?!" for the rest of time. Betraying of trust can hurt. Well, maybe. I haven't had any real experience with betrayal yet. But I assume it hurts painfully.

In another... rape for all eternity? Doesn't sound very nice.

But wait, what makes you think they'll be raped for all eternity? Link? I don't feel like searching myself. But from what I can find, what he's mainly focused on is "domination", not necessarily rape.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4132 on: December 30, 2011, 09:43:37 am »

In my opinion, in a way yes, in a way no.

It would be absolutely horrible to be killed by someone who you would have gladly fought for for all eternity, having to go "WHY?!" for the rest of time. Betraying of trust can hurt. Well, maybe. I haven't had any real experience with betrayal yet. But I assume it hurts painfully.

On the other hand, since they're dead, they won't even know it happened (dead people go to the Dreamsleeve were they are stripped of all memories, recycled and then reincarnated back into the world). I haven't done the quest yet, but if the victim somehow ends up in Boethiah's realm, at least he gets to play around as 12th century nobility for the rest of time. Yay!

In another... rape for all eternity? Doesn't sound very nice.

But wait, what makes you think they'll be raped for all eternity? Link? I don't feel like searching myself. But from what I can find, what he's mainly focused on is "domination", not necessarily rape.

Domination of unwilling beings. Enslavement of mortals. There is nothing nice about Molag Bal.

So, well, I guess for some amounts of time the torture will be just mental or non-sexually physical. Doesn't matter much, will it? You're sending an enemy of the King of Rape straight into his arms. You bastard you! :P
Love, scriver~

scriver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4133 on: December 30, 2011, 05:23:34 pm »

I assume that if they go to some Daedric realm they don't pass by the Dreamsleeve at all. I can't remember ever hearing about Daedra worshippers automatically ending up in the Realms before Skyrim, though, but apparently they do.
Love, scriver~

Jacob/Lee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4134 on: December 30, 2011, 05:26:07 pm »

We're talking about Daedra?

...I've never seen the Daedra on Skyrim. On to questlines!

I'd say the Civil War questline was my favorite, siding with the Stormcloaks. I liked charging into battle surrounded by meatshields allies and stomping the Imperial troops.

Lumbajak

• Bay Watcher
  • They call me Jude
    • View Profile
« Reply #4135 on: December 30, 2011, 06:54:45 pm »

I momentarily entertained the thought of what it would be like if you encountered the player character from one of the previous games.

But then I realized it'd basically just be meeting a telepathic immortal daedra godking who secretly runs every guild in the province.

Eagle_eye

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4136 on: December 30, 2011, 06:55:18 pm »

you do

Rex_Nex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4137 on: December 30, 2011, 07:14:30 pm »

That silly Sheogorath... I mean Arke, the level 20 Archer...

ThreeToe

• The Natural
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bay12games.com
« Reply #4138 on: December 31, 2011, 04:08:58 am »

I had to remove some sexually oriented content and bad words.  Don't do that.
Show your true champion nature:  support Bay 12 games!

Lumbajak

• Bay Watcher
  • They call me Jude
    • View Profile
« Reply #4139 on: December 31, 2011, 05:15:46 am »

Pages: 1 ... 274 275 [276] 277 278 ... 896