Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 255 256 [257] 258 259 ... 896

Author Topic: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim  (Read 1602179 times)

Metalax

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
Re: Discussion on TES V: Skyrim
« Reply #3840 on: December 19, 2011, 03:36:49 pm »

It is more a matter of most normal vacuum cleaners being powerful enough to pull loosely soldered components out of place. The problem is that you can almost never tell ahead of time if it will do so, so it is safer to just not use a vacuum cleaner.
In the beginning was the word, and the word was "Oops!"

shadenight123

• Bay Watcher
  • Death. To all. Except my dwarves.
    • View Profile
    • My Twitter
« Reply #3841 on: December 19, 2011, 03:44:59 pm »

oh then it's not a problem. in my family we have only one vacuum cleaner: it's twenty more years old.
it sucks dust, but pretty much isn't that strong.
and i kind of recall my mother doing it of her own volition months ago.
well, if by any chance it's a final destination thing and i were to die, remember me well.
“Well,” he said. “We’re in the Forgotten hunting grounds I take it. Your screams just woke them up early. Congratulations, Lyara.”
“Do something!” she whispered, trying to keep her sight on all of them at once.
Basileus clapped his hands once. The Forgotten took a step forward, attracted by the sound.
“There, I did something. I clapped. I like clapping,” he said. -The Investigator And The Case Of The Missing Brain.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3842 on: December 19, 2011, 03:48:51 pm »

I vacuumed my computer a while ago. It's preforming better with it's fan and I see no problems with it.

Though from a Google search, a vacuum cleaner CAN cause static electricity. And thus fry something.

Personally, I don't think I'll be using a vacuum cleaner next time I need fan cleaning...
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3843 on: December 19, 2011, 05:27:06 pm »

I seem to have encountered an annoying bug.

You know Heimskr? The guy who annoyingly praises Talos in Whiterun all day? Well Talos really seems to love the guy.

First off, he never sleeps. That's not the bug, that's just dumb scheduling on bethesda's part. He sits in the busy center of town all day and then goes and sits in a busy bar all night. Meaning that he's rarely alone for me to kill when I get annoyed with his dumb ranting.

But I finally managed to get in the square when there were no guards around, right at like 5 AM when he begins to preach. I kill him, secretly. I've done it multiple times in multiple ways. If I kill him with spells it tells me that the bounty on assault is negated, if I kill him with a sneak attack nothing happens.

But no matter what, once I kill the guy, all the whiterun guards become hostile and refuse to accept my surrender. If I get seen as I kill him for whatever reason, I go "hey, I'm the thane" and they're like "oh, just this once" and then keep attacking and refuse to accept my surrender. Like, as soon as I kill the guy Talos just takes over all the guards and kills me or something.

I killed Heimskr, for science. I succeeded in killing him where nobody could see me or him (I used a bow while he was preaching just after 8PM). The guards gave me no hostility. However, when I killed him in the open, they DID refuse my surrender.
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3844 on: December 19, 2011, 05:51:47 pm »

@Vacuum cleaners: Yea generally a bad idea to use them on computer components.  They can suck off parts pretty easily.  There's also the static issue, but I think the powerful suction is the bigger deal.

Those big compressed air tanks like the ones that can fill car tires can be bad news too, like the vacuum they can be too powerful.  I actually saw somebody blow a capacitor off of an expansion card using a compressed air tank in person a few years ago.  Boss forbid us from using the compressed air pump on computers after that(even though he had technically told us not to before hand) and we replaced the card with an old troubleshooting one.

But if you used a vacuum and nothing is acting odd it's probably fine.  But you might want to invest in an air duster can or two if you plan on doing that a lot.
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
  • That guy who used to be here all the time
    • View Profile
« Reply #3845 on: December 19, 2011, 07:29:18 pm »

Air Duster cans are absurdly fun to use too. For some reason they make me feel like a small child with a hotwheels car and the whole mat to go with it.  :P
Thou art I, I art Thou.
The trust you have bestowed upon thy comrade is now reciprocated in turn.
Thou shall be blessed when calling upon personae of the Hangman Arcana.
May this tie bind thee to a brighter future!​
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #3846 on: December 19, 2011, 07:34:59 pm »

I've beaten the main quest and the civil war quest. Woo! Now to wrap up some achievements on this file that I have almost completed, and then go start a new character. I've purposely made sure not to do anything with the thieve's guild or dark brotherhood with my current one so I still have loads of things to do with my second character.

Saurus33

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3847 on: December 19, 2011, 08:55:54 pm »

So, I'm looking for a mod. An alchemy mod. Not a big one; only minor.

Once a ingredient has had all its properties discovered, and it has been selected, I would like for other ingredients which have also had all their properties discovered and share none with the selected ingredient to be greyed out.

I have discovered all the properties of many ingredients and it irks me that this selection culling is not implemented, as it means that should I wish to have the non-sharing ingredients greyed out I have to waste two ingredients.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #3848 on: December 20, 2011, 01:38:29 am »

Kajiit thief created!

My goal in this is to eventually have a dagger that has a 1 second paralysis enchantment on it. Stab someone with that once, and then they fall over and have to get back up. So I stab them with my sword in my other hand until they do.

Also maybe some illusion magic, since I didn't use any of that with my dark elf spellsword.

Jay

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼Not Dead Yet☼
    • View Profile
« Reply #3849 on: December 20, 2011, 02:46:13 am »

maybe magnetical fields something?
that the case i first removed the plug and the battery, then worked on it.
i too am utterly afraid of getting zapped by something electronic by chance.
It is electromagnetic fields. Not just static electricity, and not just magnetism.  Both, in one combined form of whoop-your-computer's-ass. But not generally to do with the battery.  The problem lies with those magnetic fields and the...  magnetic storage we call hard drives.

It is more a matter of most normal vacuum cleaners being powerful enough to pull loosely soldered components out of place.
I think you have bigger problems if you have loosely soldered components on a motherboard.

All that said, using a vacuum directly on your computer is an AWFUL idea.
Compressed air is best, or, ironically, air being pushed by a vacuum engine.
Mishimanriz: Histories of Pegasi and Dictionaries

irbis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3850 on: December 20, 2011, 03:18:05 am »

like when this thread became Discovery Science channel? :P

shadenight123

• Bay Watcher
  • Death. To all. Except my dwarves.
    • View Profile
    • My Twitter
« Reply #3851 on: December 20, 2011, 03:22:45 am »

like when this thread became Discovery Science channel? :P

after cleaning vents i got a 400% graphical enhancement.
can play 4 insect armaggeddon levels straight, while before, only one.
“Well,” he said. “We’re in the Forgotten hunting grounds I take it. Your screams just woke them up early. Congratulations, Lyara.”
“Do something!” she whispered, trying to keep her sight on all of them at once.
Basileus clapped his hands once. The Forgotten took a step forward, attracted by the sound.
“There, I did something. I clapped. I like clapping,” he said. -The Investigator And The Case Of The Missing Brain.

kcwong

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3852 on: December 20, 2011, 03:28:09 am »

Kajiit thief created!

My goal in this is to eventually have a dagger that has a 1 second paralysis enchantment on it. Stab someone with that once, and then they fall over and have to get back up. So I stab them with my sword in my other hand until they do.

Also maybe some illusion magic, since I didn't use any of that with my dark elf spellsword.

Paralyze enchantment only have a chance to paralyze. If you want a weapon to reliably break the game, go for paralyze poison instead.

Eagle_eye

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3853 on: December 20, 2011, 03:55:29 pm »

Does losing fatigue while at 0 still knock you over, like in oblivion and morrowind? If so, you could probably enchant a damage fatigue weapon to do that..

Glowcat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3854 on: December 20, 2011, 04:02:40 pm »

Does losing fatigue while at 0 still knock you over, like in oblivion and morrowind? If so, you could probably enchant a damage fatigue weapon to do that..

0 Stamina does nothing except prevent bonus damage from Power Attacks and delays your regeneration for a few seconds. I'm not sure that there still exists any KO effect, although knockdowns cause the same limp ragdoll effect from what I noticed.
Totally a weretrain. Very much trains!
I'm going to steamroll this house.
Pages: 1 ... 255 256 [257] 258 259 ... 896