Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 233 234 [235] 236 237 ... 896

Author Topic: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim  (Read 1600441 times)

Seriyu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Springless Clock
Re: Discussion on TES V: Skyrim
« Reply #3510 on: December 10, 2011, 09:57:41 pm »

I could, but I have no problem with waiting a week for the internet to show up, especially since it works without them apparently. :P

Good to hear though! Thanks.

Buttery_Mess

• Bay Watcher
  • 11x11
    • View Profile
« Reply #3511 on: December 11, 2011, 01:58:52 am »

I spend a lot of time hunting hawks solely because I think they're smug. Is that wrong? Also I take joy in flame cloaking through the forest and incinerating all kynareths cute little woodland creatures. Something oddly soothing about panicking incendiary bunnies...
But .... It's so small!
It's not the size of the pick that counts... it's the size of the man with the pick.
Quote from: Toady One
Naturally, we'd like to make life miserable for everybody, randomly, but that'll take some doing.

Grakelin

• Bay Watcher
  • Stay thirsty, my friends
    • View Profile
« Reply #3512 on: December 11, 2011, 02:09:27 am »

Beggar in Windhelm took sword to chest.

Overshadowed by guards who took arrow to knee but can still work.

Support the 99%.
I am have extensive knowledge of philosophy and a strong morality
Okay, so, today this girl I know-Lauren, just took a sudden dis-interest in talking to me. Is she just on her period or something?

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3513 on: December 11, 2011, 02:13:40 am »

Sooooo~

1. Got Skyrim, finally. (YAY!)
2. Got it for 360, because my laptop has an Intel integrated graphics pile of crap.
3. As expected, looked like ass (or Fallout 3 + snow, if you want to be really cruel), and the text is almost unreadable because it was designed for PC/HD TVs, not my 27in analog.
4. But this is a BethSoft game, which means lulz are to be had. And they were...

So I set up one of my two typical character types for Bethesda games: a Bosmer with a moral compass encrusted with magnets, and a love for killing things. I already like the look of the new stealth system, I can tell that this is the beginning of a wonderful relationship. I end up taking the quest to find that Redguard's sword in the conveniently located bandit camp/cave (WHICH DIDN'T HAVE A DOOR!!!1!).

As I'm going up the path, I notice a Flame mage and Ice mage having a spirited discussion over the relative merits of their schools of destruction whilst standing on the edge of a cliff. The Ice mage introduced a rather nonstandard form of reasoned argument, and the Flame mage gave up in disgust, at which point he decided to take a nap right where he had been standing. As this happens, the Ice mage turns to me, shouting something about "So you think you have a chance agai-". That dash was where he was dumbstruck by the sheer beauty and flow of my reasoned response, typical of me in such situations. I rushed forward to catch him as he stumbled over the edge of the cliff, but ended up only grasping a bloodied arrow, which had somehow appeared in his throat. Oh well, I never turn down free gifts. "Thanks, buddy," I yelled, as he drifted lazily downstream. Damn mages, they never seem to do any work.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Grakelin

• Bay Watcher
  • Stay thirsty, my friends
    • View Profile
« Reply #3514 on: December 11, 2011, 05:10:35 am »

There's nothing convenient about any of the bandit camps (except Vindheim). They are all on the other side of mammoth breeding camps and highwayman ambushes.
I am have extensive knowledge of philosophy and a strong morality
Okay, so, today this girl I know-Lauren, just took a sudden dis-interest in talking to me. Is she just on her period or something?

pilgrimboy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3515 on: December 11, 2011, 05:19:35 am »

So this isn't quite the right place for it, but I figured it'd be better then making a new topic solely for it. I'm about a decade behind the times and just got a computer that can run oblivion (maybe).

However it'll be a bit before I can get some ethernet cables to hook it up to the internet and as such patch it. How bad is oblivion unpatched? Unplayable, or will there just be tons of weird stuff happening? Or will it even be fairly stable?

I found it unplayable even after being patched. I still don't understand the high review scores for it.
Regular writer at a totally non-related Christian blog, Pulling Weeds Out Of Potholes

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3516 on: December 11, 2011, 05:25:16 am »

Gah....
What should I do.....
I just climbed to the top of White River Watch, killed Ironhand for his Gauntlets and started climbing back down looting everything that wasn't nailed down for smelting when I got back to Whiterun, only to find that the first room to this Bandit Cave contains 3 Hired Thugs, it looks like two of them are chatting while the third had sat down where the Blind Bandit once sat and having a quick meal just as I arrive. They haven't seen me yet, should I dump everything I am carrying (700+/300) into a cupboard or make a run for it over the cliff edge and hope I stay alive long enough to get back to the Hold safely...

FAKEEDIT:: I tried fighting them, but dumped everything just onto the ground, one of the thugs comes up to me and starts talking to me and forces me into a "Yes" or "No" question, meanwhile the other two have drawn their weapons and started to attack me. I also noticed that one picked up the Fireball staff that I looted of Ironhand!!!! FUCK!!!, so yeah still trying to decide on the best course cause that magic owned me...
Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3517 on: December 11, 2011, 05:45:47 am »

... I can use the carriage to go to other cities?  Other then the first, I've since walked to 1 and found another by quest.

And yea, bought the dog... too much barking.  Found an old crazy blind lady.  My dog ate her for some reason, wasn't a threat I figured, but whatever. Good dog, she had a flawless on her.

@Neyvn: Potion and spell arsenal.  Use em.  Kite with flame, stun with shout, enhance attacks with damage potions, and open fight with a bow sneak attack.
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3518 on: December 11, 2011, 05:58:38 am »

... I can use the carriage to go to other cities?  Other then the first, I've since walked to 1 and found another by quest.

And yea, bought the dog... too much barking.  Found an old crazy blind lady.  My dog ate her for some reason, wasn't a threat I figured, but whatever. Good dog, she had a flawless on her.

@Neyvn: Potion and spell arsenal.  Use em.  Kite with flame, stun with shout, enhance attacks with damage potions, and open fight with a bow sneak attack.
You do know what White River Watch is right...
Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3519 on: December 11, 2011, 06:53:14 am »

Its a cave, you can draw them into a more open area where you can backpedal around..  Its just harder in some places then others...

Also, epic, horses came to my aid.... to hoof the dragon.

465/535 is my carry weight + normal-ish stuff at this moment...
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

Leatra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3520 on: December 11, 2011, 07:32:57 am »

I lost the restful sleep thing by becoming a werewolf. I didn't notice the game had such a feature. What's the benefit of sleeping?

MrWiggles

• Bay Watcher
  • Doubt Everything
    • View Profile
« Reply #3521 on: December 11, 2011, 07:39:17 am »

I lost the restful sleep thing by becoming a werewolf. I didn't notice the game had such a feature. What's the benefit of sleeping?

Its a learning buff for skills.
Doesn't like running from bears = clearly isn't an Eastern European
I'm Making a Mush! Navitas: City Limits ~ Inspired by Dresden Files and SCP.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=113699.msg3470055#msg3470055
http://www.tf2items.com/id/MisterWigggles666#

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #3522 on: December 11, 2011, 07:53:41 am »

A very short learning rate buff.
Love, scriver~

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3523 on: December 11, 2011, 08:04:28 am »

Goes to show that there's a bias in both vampirism and lycanthropy, with the bias leaning heavily on the wolves. Why didn't they just remove most of the vampiric debuffs to make it playable? It seems unfair that werewolves get a resist disease 100% with virtually no consequences.
Thank you for all the fish. It was a good run.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #3524 on: December 11, 2011, 08:07:34 am »

Goes to show that there's a bias in both vampirism and lycanthropy, with the bias leaning heavily on the wolves. Why didn't they just remove most of the vampiric debuffs to make it playable? It seems unfair that werewolves get a resist disease 100% with virtually no consequences.

Yeah, it's not even like it was in Boodmoon, where you'd auto-transform every night.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?
Pages: 1 ... 233 234 [235] 236 237 ... 896