Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 218 219 [220] 221 222 ... 896

Author Topic: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim  (Read 1599443 times)

eggrock

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Discussion on TES V: Skyrim
« Reply #3285 on: December 05, 2011, 05:08:18 pm »

snip wall of text ;)

Yep, I read it, and I think it's exactly as you say. In the end, Skyrim is Oblivion with slightly different leveled lists. The scaling plays out pretty well with the build I'm playing (mage using Destruction) and the environment is very immersive, but I fear I'm going to hit the same, I've-done-enough wall that I hit in Morrowind, Oblivion and Fallout 3. I definitely get my money's worth with Bethesda games and Skyrim is already my favorite, but they still need some improvement to become truly epic.

Now I'm sitting here, wondering how I think the game *should* work. Not the time or place to discuss that, I think, so on to a different topic:

I visited the mage in Dragonsreach to offload some junk, and was happy to see a filled Grand Soul gem. I like to snap those up since I always have more crap to sell than vendors have money, but then I realized I didn't have my haggling gear on. I broke convo, equipped my gear and went back to the buy/sell screen--and the Grand Soul gem was gone! Switched back to normal gear--still gone.

I didn't bother trying to reproduce it from saves but found it curious.
He must have used it to recharge his enchanted Hood of Arrogance.

He's always been very obsequious to me. It's the kid running around in the Jarl's house that needs to experience the joys of licking boots--dorf boots covered with syndrome is what I'm thinking.

shadenight123

• Bay Watcher
  • Death. To all. Except my dwarves.
    • View Profile
    • My Twitter
« Reply #3286 on: December 05, 2011, 05:35:08 pm »

they make unkillable snotty brats...then they question why people make mods to be able to kill them...
either they teach the kids to behave, either they teach them to be beheaded.
huh the pun!
“Well,” he said. “We’re in the Forgotten hunting grounds I take it. Your screams just woke them up early. Congratulations, Lyara.”
“Do something!” she whispered, trying to keep her sight on all of them at once.
Basileus clapped his hands once. The Forgotten took a step forward, attracted by the sound.
“There, I did something. I clapped. I like clapping,” he said. -The Investigator And The Case Of The Missing Brain.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #3287 on: December 05, 2011, 05:44:32 pm »

To be fair, snotty brat is snotty for a reason.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

irbis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3288 on: December 06, 2011, 03:22:53 am »

my favorite typ of jokeing around is to take advantage of the silly havoc mechanics.
for this you need a Flame Antroch and being able to actualy kill him.

Flame Antroch upon death explodes in a hurning flames. that explosion is harming everybody in the range but doesnt make them agro toward you. the thing is - the physical "shockwave" from this explosion is far more powerfull then the damage.
so you enter a shop or a store. summon the antroch. kill him. step back and enjoy the show.
sidenote - dont be low on health. i got killed by a flying kettle once and the shopkeeper got pirced with a broom.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2011, 03:24:38 am by irbis »

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #3289 on: December 06, 2011, 10:21:20 am »

my favorite typ of jokeing around is to take advantage of the silly havoc mechanics.

Flame Antroch upon death explodes in a hurning flames. that explosion is harming everybody in the range but doesnt make them agro toward you. the thing is - the physical "shockwave" from this explosion is far more powerfull then the damage.
so you enter a shop or a store. summon the antroch. kill him. step back and enjoy the show.
sidenote - dont be low on health. i got killed by a flying kettle once and the shopkeeper got pirced with a broom.
Summoned atronach don't explode on death, they vanish.

irbis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3290 on: December 06, 2011, 10:31:11 am »

Summoned atronach don't explode on death, they vanish.
well my do. i didnt made that up :P

Frajic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3291 on: December 06, 2011, 11:14:14 am »

Anyone else looking forward to the Construction Set being released in January? I'm going to try my hand at modding, so I'm getting some practice in early by learning how to do it for Oblivion.
EoS company name: Vikings Inc.

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
« Reply #3292 on: December 06, 2011, 11:19:10 am »

Atronachs that are killed to death do explode. Ones that time out merely fade.
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #3293 on: December 06, 2011, 11:30:29 am »

Atronachs that are killed to death do explode. Ones that time out merely fade.
Maybe I'm bugged then, but any flame atronach I summon via conjuration will just fade away when I ice spike it in the face.

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3294 on: December 06, 2011, 11:34:29 am »

So, is there anything to do with the dragon claws once you've opened the doors in the barrows, aside from decorating my house? Because I have 2 coral claws taking up space in my inventory right now.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2011, 11:36:09 am by The Merchant Of Menace »
*Hugs*

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #3295 on: December 06, 2011, 11:35:11 am »

So, is there anything to do with the dragon claws once you've opened the doors in the barrows, aside from decorating my house? Because I have 2 coral claws taking up space in my inventory right now.
I sell them. They're worth a small bit of change.

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3296 on: December 06, 2011, 11:36:33 am »

Heh, I bought the coral dragon claw for 50 gold, then instantly sold it back for 55 gold. This woman is a terrible merchant.

I suppose I'll just get the collection then pawn them all off then.
*Hugs*

Sordid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3297 on: December 06, 2011, 11:38:34 am »

Well I can't even do that, since mine appear bugged. The blue one, sapphire or whatever, specifically. I did the quest, dropped the claw off in my house no problem. Later I wanted to move it, so I picked it up again and guess what, it became a quest item again. So now I'm stuck with it.
Bethsooooft! >:O

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #3298 on: December 06, 2011, 11:47:25 am »

Well I can't even do that, since mine appear bugged. The blue one, sapphire or whatever, specifically. I did the quest, dropped the claw off in my house no problem. Later I wanted to move it, so I picked it up again and guess what, it became a quest item again. So now I'm stuck with it.
Bethsooooft! >:O
i think the summon creature disposal trick still works, won't know cause laptop is dead with my game -_-

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3299 on: December 06, 2011, 05:33:20 pm »

Anyone seen Ctrl-Alt-Del's latest comic on Skyrim, or even Three Panel Soul's???
Both quite good...
Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...
Pages: 1 ... 218 219 [220] 221 222 ... 896