Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 92 93 [94] 95 96 ... 896

Author Topic: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim  (Read 1601566 times)

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
Re: Discussion on TES V: Skyrim
« Reply #1395 on: November 16, 2011, 09:48:47 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Your drunk posts continue to baffle me.
Welcome to Reality.

trees

• Bay Watcher
  • [MUNDANE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1396 on: November 16, 2011, 09:50:51 pm »

@Trees

I am often bad at phrasing things - don't hesitate to ask for clarification if something I said doesn't make sense.

FluffyToast J

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1397 on: November 16, 2011, 09:55:11 pm »

If that doesn't work, you may have to bite the bullet and play in 3rd person or reroll. Alternatively, try scrolling with the mousewheel.

trees

• Bay Watcher
  • [MUNDANE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1398 on: November 16, 2011, 10:04:05 pm »

Nope, it did! Thanks.

3rd person actually isn't that bad, honestly, for melee characters. You can do lots of really crazy turns while doing power attacks.
I am often bad at phrasing things - don't hesitate to ask for clarification if something I said doesn't make sense.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #1399 on: November 16, 2011, 10:15:28 pm »

Which turns out to be one of things that makes 1st person melee so tough sometimes. Your choices are either: stand and deliver, and get hit, or whip around and miss a lot of the time and waste stamina.

I just found a book called "The Twin Secrets."

It's like Deus Ex Machina, with a side of nut punch.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

fqllve

• Bay Watcher
  • (grammar) anarcho-communist
    • View Profile
    • ufowitch
« Reply #1400 on: November 16, 2011, 11:04:43 pm »

Running diagonally backwards moves almost as fast or as fast as moving sideways. After that its the same as Oblivion. Back up, circle, attack, etc.
You don't use freedom Penguin. First you demand it, then you have it.
No using. That's not what freedom is for.

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1401 on: November 16, 2011, 11:07:27 pm »

You know how sometimes you have an arrow stuck in you for ages?

Spoiler: This is just lovely. (click to show/hide)

Reiina

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1402 on: November 16, 2011, 11:17:51 pm »

So I think I may have been a little harsh on alchemy before. I'm starting to enjoy it quite a bit, and being helped along by things like Krosis and alchemy enhancing magic items, my brews are starting to get good.

Poisons are sooo powerful with an assassin it's incredible.
I had a fight again a draugr deathlord:
-1st attempt
Sneaked up behind him, attacked, 30x critical, between one fourth and one third of his health gone(I currently dual wield elven daggers). He then proceeded to kill me in what felt like 2 shots :p.
-2nd attempt
Poisoned my blade with the 50 damage poison, sneaked up behind him, attacked, 30x critical, he died instantly :p.

Bethesda has really done a stellar job, I was a bit dubious about the lack of stats system but after playing for a while it seems much better than the Oblivion system.
And the quests are much better than anything bethesda has done before, I've yet to encounter something really bad. Even some of the most "package delivery" quests aren't that bad, they usually make you meet a character a bit out of the way and give you a bit of backstory.

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #1403 on: November 16, 2011, 11:41:17 pm »

Has anyone else visited Azuras shrine yet? It's seriously fuckoff huge. Huuugge. I was honestly pretty impressed that I could make her out perfectly from the base of the mountain.

Of course I think I'm gonna get a certain star now.
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.

Dave1004

• Bay Watcher
  • This is getting personal.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1404 on: November 16, 2011, 11:43:25 pm »

Man, why can't I stick with one class of character? Malakai started out as a pure mage, then I found an awesome piece of steel armor that gave +15 to heavy armor, so I turned Malakai into a melee tank character, but then I found out how awesome sneaking is, and I turned him into a bow/dagger wielding rogue, then switched back to a mage for a while (Damn Dwemer Ruins, so powerful!), but that got boring so I went with a light-armored thief, and now I'm a heavy-armor warrior again.

I'm level 19, and only played for around 6 hours. Smithing iron daggers is so overpowered :/. Also: Any special characteristics for Blood Dragons? They seemed, well, normal. Not bloody at all!

Hardcap of 200 MB/24 hours.

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1405 on: November 16, 2011, 11:48:24 pm »

The only thing I don't like about the quest in skyrim are that they are so blasted far away.  I try to avoid using fast travel, and that's my own fault honestly, but there seem to be a large number of quests that are relatively insignificant that make you go to the other blasted side of the province and back. 

I haven't encountered any obvious delivery quests yet, but if I do find one I wouldn't be surprised if they want me to go from solitude to Riften and call it a jaunt down the street with how inordinately far away the quest origins are from their dungeons.  I think only Daggerfall was more extreme in travel distance.

Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1406 on: November 17, 2011, 12:02:07 am »

Why was I able to take every bit of Silverware from the Keep of Whiterun??? Infront of all the guards, and not being accused of being a thief...
I am now over burdened and trying to find someone who will buy the spare books. I like collecting books...
Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #1407 on: November 17, 2011, 12:04:19 am »

That would be because high reputation with someone makes them willing to share things with you. The Jarl probably assumed you could make better use of the silverware than him, at that he probably thought it had something to do with dragon slaying.
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.

Domenique

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1408 on: November 17, 2011, 12:14:19 am »

I was wearing an amulet of mara and my mage follower asked if I was available. We're both males. I wish I knew what would the reaction from a homophobe be.

KaelGotDwarves

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:FIRE_ELF]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1409 on: November 17, 2011, 12:25:37 am »

In skyrim? Probably to shout him off the nearest cliff.  :P
Pages: 1 ... 92 93 [94] 95 96 ... 896