Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 872 873 [874] 875 876 ... 896

Author Topic: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim  (Read 1597728 times)

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
« Reply #13095 on: December 10, 2016, 06:26:54 am »

I tried doing a mage build.

I discovered that bound weapons can soul trap enemies with a certain perk.

I've wound up devolving into a stealth archer again, just with firebolt backup.
That's still useful for a mage build, though. How are you going to mage without - 100% casting cost on two schools of magic?

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #13096 on: December 10, 2016, 09:41:15 am »

The best thing about that pic is that it repeatedly spells "Dumner". It's only flaw is that it doesn't spell Lydia as Lidya.
Love, scriver~

Cyroth

• Bay Watcher
  • [FABULOUS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #13097 on: December 11, 2016, 04:39:54 pm »

That pic made me laugh.
Then I realized that out of the 5 characters I've finished the game with 4 ended up being stealth archers one way or the other (even though none started out that way)...

...now I'm laughing even harder.
Demons are preferable to ravens.
A noble just suffered a genuine unfortunate accident.
Has that ever happened before?

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #13098 on: December 11, 2016, 05:04:48 pm »

That picture was amusing until it called Altmer "Thalmor". I mean. The name's in the flippin character creation menu.

Also, I am making a deliberate effort at averting the stealth archer stereotype with my current character. Who is fundamentally a stealth archer (khajiit thief with the shadow sign, there's basically no avoiding using archery), but instead of daggers she mains two-handed swords. I'd really like there to be some feats that boost two-handed sword sneak attack damage.
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #13099 on: December 11, 2016, 05:05:16 pm »

Let it at least be known that the people who made that photo know at least as much about Elder Scrolls lore as I do and probably appreciate it more.

It's a really transparent parody of what such people facetiously call "casuels", the kind of people who may actually be under the opinion that "altmer" and "thalmor" are interchangeable terms.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #13100 on: December 11, 2016, 05:19:09 pm »

Aren't they? :P

Also, I've never played a stealth archer. I've never even played an archer. Magic 4 lyfe

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #13101 on: December 11, 2016, 06:41:59 pm »

I've never played an actual stealth archer, but I'm not sure I've ever played a character that didn't like to sometimes open up combat with a shitty stealth archery attack. Prior to the point in the game where I admitted I did not have the carrying capacity to spare for a bow, that is.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Silverthrone

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Old Geat
    • View Profile
« Reply #13102 on: December 11, 2016, 07:51:16 pm »

I do miss Acrobatics and Speed in Skyrim. Zipping along, vaulting over edges and furniture and slash and hack and parry. It made things feel like a Musketeer film. Still, the perching, furniture hopping and run-around-the-pillar still works quite well, in an emergency.

I was thinking of running a karate-cat, but the hand-to-hand damage do not scale very well, even if the finishing moves are lovely. I can probably add in some rather cheaty rings for the purpose, but I'm experimenting with bound weapons for now. Makes sense for an assassin, too, when you are like me and roleplay disguises. It is rather fun, when the stealth sniping thing have lost its appeal.

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13103 on: December 11, 2016, 09:09:59 pm »

Unarmed damage as Khajiit starts off very good, at 22 damage at level 1 vs most weapon, magic and ranged options come nowhere near that until a couple of perks are invested.

Of course, your unarmed damage never goes up, unless you wear heavy armor, and take Fists of Steel, which increases your unarmed damage by 0.5x Gauntlet armor rating. I believe it caps at something like 42, normally.

Some mods, especially perk mods, attempt to overhaul unarmed into a viable build. Ordinator is a good example. Here are the perks available that affect unarmed in Ordinator:

Spoiler: Light Armor (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Sneak (click to show/hide)

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #13104 on: December 11, 2016, 11:31:17 pm »

That's good info.  And of course there is the Fortify Unarmed enchantment which Silverthrone mentioned, but I don't know how well that scales.  Technically unlimited, but I'm reading that each enchanted piece (2 rings and 1 gloves, I assume) boost by 25% at 100 enchanting. 

No idea if that's accurate (wikia doesn't even bother with numbers), or how it stacks with Khajiit's base 22 damage or Fists of Steel.  Fists of Steel sadly only cares about *base* armor, so smithing up excellent gloves won't help - only the material.

Apparently Argonians get 20 base unarmed damage for some reason, and a special tail-swipe??

Unrelated:  Khajiit iz inosent of al crimeeee  http://i1.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/original/000/652/892/876.jpg
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Jimmy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13105 on: December 12, 2016, 03:35:48 am »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13106 on: December 12, 2016, 05:54:58 am »

Moon Sugar and Skooma is supposed to be a parallel of real life cocaine and crack, but it looks more like krokodil in that poster.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
« Reply #13107 on: December 12, 2016, 06:15:12 am »

I kind of disagree.
Krokodil would make you look like you have Corprus Disease.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2016, 07:32:38 am by Ultimuh »

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #13108 on: December 12, 2016, 07:17:29 am »

My character is accumulating Skooma on themselves for some reason. Not using it, but she just keeps happening onto bottles of the stuff and pocketing them. She is Khajiit, but I'm sure that's a coincidence.
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #13109 on: December 12, 2016, 07:41:15 am »

Of course, your unarmed damage never goes up, unless you wear heavy armor, and take Fists of Steel, which increases your unarmed damage by 0.5x Gauntlet armor rating. I believe it caps at something like 42, normally.
Dragon Soul Relinquishment
That is all.
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.
Pages: 1 ... 872 873 [874] 875 876 ... 896