Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 815 816 [817] 818 819 ... 896

Author Topic: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim  (Read 1598648 times)

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
« Reply #12240 on: June 13, 2015, 06:32:20 pm »

A) Many mods, probably some to have higher resolution textures
B) Where can you even get a 512MB card?

Haha, It was back when it first came out. They were still in use :). I'm pretty sure you can still order them.

I had a 64MB card back when FFXI came out. It ran Halo 1 with no problem, too.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

Vendayn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12241 on: June 13, 2015, 09:15:25 pm »

I don't know how to tell you this, but I ran Skyrim on my 512mb card with max graphics back in the day. My 1GB card also runs it fine, though with a higher framerate.

Sounds like the problem with your card, not with the amount of video RAM.

Well, I was using parallax textures+ENB and other mods added 1k+2k textures (I never went past 2k) and my card really struggled. Plus extended towns and cities was really intensive whenever I got near cities, but Skyrim isn't playable with out that mod as towns and cities are really fail in Skyrim and so tiny. And my character race+body mods I think add 2k-3k body textures. Plus all the HDT animations and stuff.

My new 970 has no crashes at all in Skyrim and it has 4gb. And I get no slow downs or crashes at all.

With that said, a pure vanilla game...I got no crashes or slowdowns at all. Its just when I heavily modified the game. But vanilla skyrim kinda sucks, only playable (for me) with mods :P And vanilla skyrim lighting and graphics looks so ugly lol.
My own website for Skyrim, Fallout 4, and many other games: http://vendayn.wix.com/skyrimvendayn

da_nang

• Bay Watcher
  • Argonian Overlord
    • View Profile
« Reply #12242 on: June 21, 2015, 02:14:39 pm »

"Deliver yesterday, code today, think tomorrow."
Ceterum censeo Unionem Europaeam esse delendam.
Future supplanter of humanity.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #12243 on: June 21, 2015, 02:35:39 pm »

Welp, this came out of nowhere.
Holy shit. Why is it always the unknowns that drop bombs like this? Guy's a hero.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Metalax

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #12244 on: June 21, 2015, 03:07:37 pm »

Well that's something. I'm not seeing how having different mods between players won't cause issues, but apparently it works which would have probably been the biggest stumbling block on it's use.
In the beginning was the word, and the word was "Oops!"

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #12245 on: June 21, 2015, 03:54:59 pm »

It just won't load the textures. It'll likely keep the stacks.

Though I wish it'd just be mods loaded onto the client.

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #12246 on: June 21, 2015, 04:09:40 pm »

Double The Dovahkiin
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

Sergius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12247 on: June 21, 2015, 04:19:46 pm »

I remember that stuff already existing a while ago but was cruder. I think in essence it works by syncing an NPC on your game with the other player and vice versa, but each player is playing their own local Skyrim, which is why actual interaction with other NPCs don't work (or work only for the player doing the interaction, and your peer just sees you standing still with just empty air on front).

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_ALREADY_HERE] [FRIENDSHIPPER:HIGH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #12248 on: June 21, 2015, 10:32:27 pm »

Yeah, I've heard talk about this. Definitely something I'll experiment with.
If you expect to live forever then you will never be disappointed.
Spooky Signature
To fix the horrid default colour scheme, follow the below steps:
Profile> Modify Profile> Look and Layout> Current Theme> (change)> Darkling

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #12249 on: July 03, 2015, 04:50:08 am »

I was a proud, patriotic pro-Stormcloak Orsimer who had killed over 3000 Thalmor scum and knew the necessity of war and supported all military decisions made by the High King.
The Orsimer to seem mostly be spared Norse prejudice.  I think I remember a guard in Windhelm calling one of their forts "an affront to [her] people", but besides that...  They get to keep their sovereign forts, or roam freely.  They aren't barred from entering cities, used as cheap dock labor, or restricted to a special ghetto.  I think one orc claimed that his fort had been around longer than the Nords, though I might be misremembering - the Nords claim Skyrim as the birthplace of humanity, after all.  Though I guess both could be correct.

Oh and Grelod the Kind was super racist towards them, but that's Grelod the Kind.  They seem as well off as any of the humans, or the Bosmer, except they also have ancestral land in Skyrim.  Kinda like Forsworn minus the extermination campaign or terrorism.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #12250 on: July 03, 2015, 05:01:02 am »

the Nords claim Skyrim as the birthplace of humanity

No, that would be Atmora. They're wrong, sort of. Atmora and Yokuda both, and IIRC there are some humans over in Akavir too that haven't come over (except maybe Zurin Arctus IIRC).

Vendayn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12251 on: July 04, 2015, 09:24:22 pm »

Enjoy. :) Its an overhaul compilation I downloaded from a russian forum. I tested it out, then uploaded it to my mega.co.nz account. It has over 400 mods from what I can tell, TONS that have been merged. It also is extremely stable and performs great.

Link: https://mega.co.nz/#!ChFU1RxY!AVKbTHYzXeJcBwrqemND_5KA744dpJYK6tUUGDGrLJU

(do note, Mega.co.nz might want you to download an addon since the file is over 1gb. But its the only upload site that lets me put over 500gb worth of stuff on my account for FREE (the site bugs for me and lets me keep uploading more and more, unless I switch accounts and it "fixes" itself. The addon doesn't have spyware or anything, and dunno why it wants one to begin with...but ah well)

load order (import this txt with nexus mod manager): https://mega.co.nz/#!PoFWkbpL!KBU86teczFCxc-7HIKqm6DJgL_ZQts9_KUXDfz5_If8

Except, don't play this on a low/medium end PC...definitely a high end PC needed. Might be able to get by turning off the ENB, but even then I recommend a 4gb GPU (or the 3.5 ones for the 900s users) for this.

On my gtx 970 4gb, no crashes and even loading saves works without closing the game. I tried doing compilations, and they always broke the game lol. Whoever was behind this compilation, did AMAZING

Characters (no custom races, just vanilla ones) look great. It may be hard to get a good looking female, but the female NPCs look AMAZING. I had trouble getting the same look in the character creation. Males look far better and more realistic and khajiits/argonians look VASTLY better.

Gameplay is super hardcore, and does have perma death...but you can turn off dead is dead mod in the load order.

Far more immersion, lots of new content/towns/quests etc. Cities look WAY better. Villages look vastly improved too. The world is far more realistic than vanilla skyrim.

Other than that, really this is more skyrim enhanced edition than something completely new. It plays more like skyrim, but more hardcore (its a lot harder even without dead is dead) and a ton more things to do. And all that for no CTDs and good stability (if you have a good enough PC) :D
« Last Edit: July 04, 2015, 09:26:52 pm by Vendayn »
My own website for Skyrim, Fallout 4, and many other games: http://vendayn.wix.com/skyrimvendayn

Vendayn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12252 on: July 05, 2015, 02:40:58 am »

I did add a few mods, but that isn't in the upload. I added guild starter, tundra defense, hunterborn, draugnarok and dwarven blasters. All, except maybe the blasters...are usually my must have mods.

And I removed dead is dead (mod esp is named pretty much that, so should be easy to find to get rid of), cause I don't want to die and then have to start a new character over and over. That is too annoying for me lol. Instead, with that removed...if I die I just lose some gold and start in a nearby town/city. Which is much better.

I also don't recommend adding any mods to the above compilation, except a few like I did. Definitely nothing huge and script intensive, as that will likely just kill the game lol. It already works 100% as it is.

Vendayn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12253 on: July 06, 2015, 03:37:44 am »

I did add a few mods, but that isn't in the upload. I added guild starter, tundra defense, hunterborn, draugnarok and dwarven blasters. All, except maybe the blasters...are usually my must have mods.

And I removed dead is dead (mod esp is named pretty much that, so should be easy to find to get rid of), cause I don't want to die and then have to start a new character over and over. That is too annoying for me lol. Instead, with that removed...if I die I just lose some gold and start in a nearby town/city. Which is much better.

I also don't recommend adding any mods to the above compilation, except a few like I did. Definitely nothing huge and script intensive, as that will likely just kill the game lol. It already works 100% as it is.
(edit: whoops, this was meant to be an edit to the above post. Not a new one...ah well...

(edit: I'll leave the download up. But...this has to be the most boring overhaul I've ever played for Skyrim.

I mean, I've made some pretty broken compilations. And at least this one works. Except, even my winter overhaul I did (which was so boring and bland lol)...was more fun than this xD It doesn't add anything fun, just makes the game harder. And it makes it more annoying to me really.

The characters look nice though, and the towns/cities are epic. Except, even with a GTX 970 4gb card factory overclocked...I got 20-30 FPS in riverwood/whiterun...15-20 in solitude. With ENB off. TOO much stuff added to the cities and towns.

My own overhaul, I get 40+ FPS in cities and the only area I get less is in the 30s and that is riverwood/falkreath (ENB on). And my own compilation is way more fun lol. It doesn't have nearly as many mods (the guy added over 500 from what I can tell)...but I have a lot of FUN mods (like going out and explore to find treasures and secrets, which the above compilation fails at), and hardcore mods. While mine doesn't have frostfall (too script intensive), it has other stuff to make the game harder and more fun. The russian compilation thing just kept it skyrim, but harder and a few nice immersion stuff. But, rather boring lol.

If you want to use up your bandwidth downloading to check it out, I'll leave it on my mega.co.nz for a while. I might remove it if I need space but probably not. I glitch mega out (dunno how lol, my one account has over 1000gb of stuff lol. It just kept letting me upload and upload till I signed into another account) and upload lots and lots of space as long as I don't sign out :P

Krevsin

• Bay Watcher
  • [RAINBOWS:REQUIRED]
    • View Profile
« Reply #12254 on: July 07, 2015, 07:03:53 am »

So I've been trying to get into Skyrim after replaying New Vegas and FO3 again, thus slowly weaning myself onto Bethesda games. I already have a modlist in mind, but I have a question of which combat revamp I should pick, Duel or Ultimate Combat?

Also is Epic Gameplay Overhaul worth it or should I just stick to Civil War Overhaul?
Pages: 1 ... 815 816 [817] 818 819 ... 896