Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 786 787 [788] 789 790 ... 896

Author Topic: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim  (Read 1598550 times)

Nighthawk

• Bay Watcher
  • INT Score: Yes
    • View Profile
Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
« Reply #11805 on: February 13, 2015, 10:16:08 am »

Looks like an anime character tbh
Not a problem in my mind. Long live the moe!

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #11806 on: February 13, 2015, 10:17:22 am »

:) Certainly not a bad thing.

She doesn't look like she'd be much use in a fight though

Nighthawk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11807 on: February 13, 2015, 10:34:03 am »

Heh. That's what all the 12-year old girls wielding greatswords twice their size want you to think...

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11808 on: February 13, 2015, 10:44:33 am »

It isn't a bad thing, but imo it clashes horribly with the themes of Skyrim.

Nighthawk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11809 on: February 13, 2015, 10:47:51 am »

It isn't a bad thing, but imo it clashes horribly with the themes of Skyrim.
As do all the skimpy armor mods, but last I checked, those were pretty popular...

What I'm trying to say is, we can't all be loremongers. I appreciate a level of atmosphere and realism, too, but when it comes down to it, it's all about what makes the game fun for you.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #11810 on: February 13, 2015, 10:56:35 am »

My comment wasn't intended to bash the look. I stick to a fairly realistic and lore friendly set of mods so this would be out of place for me. She could probably pass as an akaviri though.

Vendayn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11811 on: February 13, 2015, 04:22:15 pm »

Yeah, I wasn't aiming too much for a lore friendly look. She did come out kinda anime-like (though its pretty anime-light compared to some others who go full out on it lol. I'd say she looks more like something Disney would come up with. Though, some japanese skyrim mod sites really turn Skyrim into 100% anime lol).

In any case, I think she came out good so that is what counts :). Also my character is a half-dragon, so dunno how lore-friendly that is (she has dragon wings/tail and the wings kinda let her glide and the wings/tail have physics. She is dragonborn after all.) But, I just went for a look I liked, that I spent WAY too much time on rofl. A huge portion of my skyrim played time was making the character (over a period of time), plus mod troubleshooting and finally a small portion of actually playing. :P

I think the saddest part of it all is just how much time I spent since 2012 has gone into one character (well different characters, as I got closer to how I wanted her) lol.

I tried finding my oldest screenshots (they are somewhere hidden away, I'd avoid typing my online name into google though, end up with a bunch of hentai stuff of skyrim lol) and all I could find was a really terrible video I did. And it definitely isn't most realistic skyrim ever ROFL

Worst video ever lol...and the opposite of most realistic :P I think back in 2012 maybe I thought it looked good, but it is just SO UGLY rofl

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HpNL8f0uHMU

compare that...to...
http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/images/497979/?

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/images/497978/?

SO much difference. And my character looks so much better than the one in the video (I think that was actually my VERY first attempt at making "Isabella" (now Ariel Auduin))

That looks just so bad lol. Consoles look better than in that video rofl. I guess back in 2012, mods looked REALLY ugly :P That and my graphics card at the time was only 896 mb geforce 260 gtx...so WAY underpowered.

« Last Edit: February 13, 2015, 04:23:52 pm by Vendayn »
My own website for Skyrim, Fallout 4, and many other games: http://vendayn.wix.com/skyrimvendayn

Rez

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11812 on: February 13, 2015, 07:15:04 pm »

It doesn't look like an anime character; it just doesn't look like a bethesda potato person.

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11813 on: February 13, 2015, 09:12:26 pm »

It doesn't look like an anime character; it just doesn't look like a bethesda potato person.

Default Skyrim heads don't look that bad... with the exception of children.

Vendayn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11814 on: February 13, 2015, 09:44:59 pm »

:) Certainly not a bad thing.

She doesn't look like she'd be much use in a fight though

I missed this one. But funny you should say that. I'm playing her as a mostly pacifist :P Except it won't be 100% pacifist. Instead of fighting, she'll just be a support character. And sneaks everywhere (except in cities/villages). And since there are so many battles happening, dead bodies all over the place and lots of dead animals. I get endless loot on the battlefield of skyrim. I already have a lot of gold worth of items from stormcloak vs imperial battle. And since she likes animals, she won't kill them either. But if she finds a dead animal, she'll take the skin/meat (hunterborn) to not let it go to waste.

I might make an exception since I'm playing on legendary, that she can use conjuration. And her two companions do the fighting for her so they are her bodyguards. I think playing legendary with 100% pacifist would be pretty hard, and I like having companions. So I think making her almost entirely support fits her better anyway, and how I picture her to be. I never really picture her the fighting type.
My own website for Skyrim, Fallout 4, and many other games: http://vendayn.wix.com/skyrimvendayn

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #11815 on: February 18, 2015, 11:02:44 am »

I remember playing a 'pacifist' run using only undead minions for combat. It got pretty rough. I was using a mod that adds in some more necromancy stuff and let you reinforce your raised minions but still it got pretty hard later on. Still, I never killed anyone directly. If the minions went down, I ran away and came back with more. :)

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #11816 on: February 18, 2015, 11:34:59 am »

Now I remember why I generally stop playing Skyrim: Fus Do Rah is just so broken. There's basically no 1v1 fight I can't win with just that and an Amulet of Talos. Don't get me wrong, I love rag dolls, but just shouting people down and then stabbing their prone bodies does take a lot of the challenge out of the game.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #11817 on: February 18, 2015, 11:52:41 am »

Now I remember why I generally stop playing Skyrim: Fus Do Rah is just so broken. There's basically no 1v1 fight I can't win with just that and an Amulet of Talos. Don't get me wrong, I love rag dolls, but just shouting people down and then stabbing their prone bodies does take a lot of the challenge out of the game.
I've played my most recent save for over 40 hours without touching the main quest that makes you dragonborn and teaches you the fus words. This is exactly why.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11818 on: February 18, 2015, 01:00:01 pm »

Solution to overpowered shouts: don't use them. Literally nothing in the game requires you to use shouts in combat, so don't bother. Put Night Vision or your Standing Stone blessing power there or something.
Black lives matter.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #11819 on: February 18, 2015, 01:07:08 pm »

Solution to overpowered shouts: don't use them. Literally nothing in the game requires you to use shouts in combat, so don't bother. Put Night Vision or your Standing Stone blessing power there or something.

Like I said. I'm caught between the love of sending guys rag dolling down a mountain side, and being challenged.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti
Pages: 1 ... 786 787 [788] 789 790 ... 896