Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 710 711 [712] 713 714 ... 896

Author Topic: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim  (Read 1599227 times)

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
« Reply #10665 on: April 23, 2014, 01:13:07 am »

Weynon Priory is a building right next to Chorrol, so yes.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10666 on: April 23, 2014, 02:42:20 am »

I am getting it to a playable state. But this mod compilation/overhaul looks amazing and adds so much stuff.

http://m.imgur.com/a/O3lle

Am I the only person who thinks that mod makes it look LESS realistic?

Looks like that "Paint World" from Oblivion.
High saturation is real life.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #10667 on: April 23, 2014, 08:09:49 am »

I am getting it to a playable state. But this mod compilation/overhaul looks amazing and adds so much stuff.

http://m.imgur.com/a/O3lle

Am I the only person who thinks that mod makes it look LESS realistic?

Looks like that "Paint World" from Oblivion.
High saturation is real life.

That...I hope that's sarcastic. Because if not....I probably have vision problems XD (well, other then farsightedness, which I knew about)
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10668 on: April 23, 2014, 08:15:57 am »

Pfff, everyone knows that desaturation is real life.

Grey! So realistic!
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #10669 on: April 23, 2014, 11:42:09 am »

Blame Stephen Spielberg for that one.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #10670 on: April 23, 2014, 11:48:00 am »

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Vendayn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10671 on: April 23, 2014, 01:22:22 pm »

I pretty much went to the drawing board.

Tropical skyrim is cool for screenshots...but, not for gameplay/immersion. "Wow, sure is cold here...brrr..."...not my idea of fun.

The one I posted above is actually pretty broken, and actually looks more like if world of warcraft had real 3d graphics. It wasn't very popular on imgur either, compared to Tropical Skyrim. And I want my Skyrim to be both fun (for me) and popular for others...as I like taking screenshots and what not for artsy stuff and not very fun if feedback is bad.

So, deciding to avoid anything that makes Skyrim look warm and green...and wanting something different from vanilla Skyrim (but guess a tad bit the same)...I went with one that changes everything to Winter. This is both great for me...as all my mods work (frostfall, realistic needs, etc)...makes it more hardcore survival (with frostfall) and looks pretty cool. Kind of a barren wasteland kind of effect. So, pretty much Skyrim, but colder and harsher. It is even better with the ENB I chose, as it makes it look very barren, desolate and harsh. So, this actually may not be everyones cup of tea...but it is actually vastly more lore friendly and fits Skyrim a lot more. And looks cool to me. Snow drifts everywhere, huge snowstorms, frozen lakes etc.

So, hopefully the feedback turns out good. I'll be taking screenshots some time today...if not it will be Saturday. At the moment, I'm making sure everything works.

My own website for Skyrim, Fallout 4, and many other games: http://vendayn.wix.com/skyrimvendayn

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #10672 on: April 23, 2014, 02:34:34 pm »

Well... in lore terms, Skyrim's climate is about right. It's about equivalent in climate to Northern Europe and Russia; cold, sure, and winter is harsh with lots of snow, but it's not actually arctic. People just can't farm if there's never a green period. Still, for Skyrim in actual winter, that mod sounds about right.
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

Vendayn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10673 on: April 23, 2014, 05:25:32 pm »

Here you guys go. Finally got Skyrim to how I wanted. I am NOT aiming for realism this time around...more of a cinematic feel...if you can call it that. If it looks like realism to you, that is great. Really, I just wanted something different, fit Skyrim and look good. And yeah, I kept my character Isabella...and you probably know how she looks if you saw old screenshots. So...don't expect anything that goes in lore or the environment ;P Everything else fits the environment. And every other race fits the environment. With that said, hopefully no one complains about my character :P Not changing her, spent over 20 hours making her the first time around...yeah...playing with barbies :P

ANYWAY...with that said. Personally I love the way this came out. The environments look great, tons of snow blowing everywhere...really like how it looks. Actually, way better than tropical or any green mod. With that said, hopefully you guys like it :) just ignore my character :P

http://imgur.com/a/eaO3q#0
My own website for Skyrim, Fallout 4, and many other games: http://vendayn.wix.com/skyrimvendayn

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #10674 on: April 23, 2014, 05:30:58 pm »

Skyrim looks pretty good in the winter, but I question why the fountain in Whiterun seems to still work.
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10675 on: April 23, 2014, 05:32:11 pm »

Skyrim looks pretty good in the winter, but I question why the fountain in Whiterun seems to still work.
Whiterun's not on a mountain or anything, so it's probably not terribly cold. At least, not cold enough to freeze running water.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Vendayn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10676 on: April 23, 2014, 05:33:17 pm »

Now, I don't know what it is like way up north...but ground water doesn't freeze here even high in the mountains. There is always underground water sources. So if assuming that is correct in areas like Skyrim is based in...I can rp it as they take water from below the ground ;)

(edit: And going by the above reply. Skyrim in winter would be REALLY cold even not in the mountains. But as far as I know, underground temps remain pretty constant)

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #10677 on: April 23, 2014, 06:14:02 pm »

So..you're using Frostfall...WHAT THE HELL KINDA PROTECTION DOES THAT OUTFIT PROVIDE? Better get that enchanted with some kick-ass resist frost, because that looks like limited protection to me. :P
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

Vendayn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10678 on: April 23, 2014, 06:17:26 pm »

So..you're using Frostfall...WHAT THE HELL KINDA PROTECTION DOES THAT OUTFIT PROVIDE? Better get that enchanted with some kick-ass resist frost, because that looks like limited protection to me. :P

Well...I did stand out naked in a blizzard in real life once. Actually, true story...but I was wearing underwear cause I'm not THAT crazy.

It was actually not bad. Barely felt anything since it numbed my skin. When fog comes in (california) it feels far colder than it does when I stood out in the blizzard. Which is kinda funny. I can walk around with limited clothes in snow/blizzard...I have to put on three jackets and two pairs of pants and a heavy shirt when its in the 60s and foggy :P (edit: I lie actually, it just has to be in the 60s and its too cold, but only if there is a breeze/wind)...unless its snow/blizzard...kinda weird...)

Duuvian

• Bay Watcher
  • Internet ≠ Real Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #10679 on: April 23, 2014, 06:44:11 pm »

What real life season equivalent does Skyrim start in, and if you were to say sleep until Winter is there a change in the weather?
FINISHED original composition:
https://app.box.com/s/jq526ppvri67astrc23bwvgrkxaicedj

Sort of finished and awaiting remix due to loss of most recent song file before addition of drums:
https://www.box.com/s/s3oba05kh8mfi3sorjm0 <-zguit
Pages: 1 ... 710 711 [712] 713 714 ... 896